Doh!!! She's a naughty girl...........

4 posters

Go down

Doh!!! She's a naughty girl........... Empty Doh!!! She's a naughty girl...........

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:20

Hmmmmm, well Roxy is almost 6 months old now and learning new things all the time, some good...some bad.

She has been with us now for just over 4 months and has JUST decided to start jumping at the washing on the washing line and pulling it off onto the ground. So now I have to re-wash the things she gets dirty and have to search for any holes and rips that she may cause. I'm just worried that now she knows that she can get stuff off that she is going to keep doing it.

Anybody got any ideas how I might be able to stop or deter her from doing this????

Back to top Go down

Doh!!! She's a naughty girl........... Empty Re: Doh!!! She's a naughty girl...........

Post by janey Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:24

I'm sorry I can't help but can't resist but have a little giggle Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Doh!!! She's a naughty girl........... Empty Re: Doh!!! She's a naughty girl...........

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:28

janey wrote:I'm sorry I can't help but can't resist but have a little giggle Smile

Tongues doh no talking talk to the hand frustrated not listening shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:32

Oh dear, Izzy only did this a couple of times, we were lucky and had a "Hills Hoist" rotary type clothes line so we raised it as high as it would go.
Not sure what to suggest, it's not like you can put "vicks" on your clean clothes Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:34

You just need to treat it like any other unwanted behaviour. If it were Charlie, I'd say a very firm no, take him back inside, make him lay down and completely ignore him for a while. They dont like being ignored so she should catch on pretty quick

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:36

instant solution ,,, TUMBLE DRYER ,,,,, sorry pmsl Crying or Very sad
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:38

Very helpful Niff! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:48

A few I found on other forums
Get an old towel and dip the end in the hottest chilli sauce that you have.... make sure it is smothered on. Hang the towel out the back on the clothes line by itself.
Blow up about 12 balloons and fasten them to the bottom of the clothes.....usually when they jump up, their teeth pop the balloons, they make a big bang and it frightens them for a little bit.
When you go outside and see the clothes pulled off the line, don't look at the dog, just go straight to the clothes and precede to yell, scream and beat them up, telling them that they are bad clothes, really rip into them, the dog will find this really scary and should stop after a few times, you will probably feel silly doing this. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:50

Dogalogs88 wrote:
When you go outside and see the clothes pulled off the line, don't look at the dog, just go straight to the clothes and precede to yell, scream and beat them up, telling them that they are bad clothes, really rip into them, the dog will find this really scary and should stop after a few times, you will probably feel silly doing this. Laughing

If you do decide to do this please film it rolling on the floor
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:50

Dogalogs88 wrote:

Haha could you imagine the neighbours faces, they would probably ring someone to get you put in a looney bin! Lol or think your having some sort of breakdown pmsl.

Deverill
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 11:55

janey wrote:
Dogalogs88 wrote:

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

The woman that posted it was adamant it had worked for her, glad I never had this problem Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 12:01

Dogalogs88 wrote:
janey wrote:
Dogalogs88 wrote:

The woman that posted it was adamant it had worked for her, glad I never had this problem Big Grin
I love this, much better than my 'ignore her' idea! But yes, make sure you film it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 12:12

Dogalogs88 wrote:
janey wrote:
Dogalogs88 wrote:

rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 15:02

Well, having harsh words with Roxy does'nt work so maybe the clothes will listen to me giving them a mouthful. Knowing Roxy she's think it was all one big game and start jumping at me and try to grab them again.

And by the way, the neighbours are used to my antics now. They hear all my praises ( O.T.T at times ) and grumblings and everything in-between.

As for the video of it............NOT HAPPENING loser

I quite like the chilli idea, but then i'd have a guilt trip thinking of her running around waiting for the fire-brigade to arrive rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 15:26

Loopy wrote: rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Well, having harsh words with Roxy does'nt work so maybe the clothes will listen to me giving them a mouthful. Knowing Roxy she's think it was all one big game and start jumping at me and try to grab them again.

And by the way, the neighbours are used to my antics now. They hear all my praises ( O.T.T at times ) and grumblings and everything in-between.

As for the video of it............NOT HAPPENING loser

I quite like the chilli idea, but then i'd have a guilt trip thinking of her running around waiting for the fire-brigade to arrive rolling on the floor

Laughing Laughing

As for the chilli idea - I read that on at least 2 forums and both times, someone else posted how their dog loved chillies. What are they feeding the poor things if that's the case Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Sun Jun 05 2011, 17:04

Bruno's done this a few weeks ago, but he seems to have stopped at the moment, but if find a result of stopping it let me know Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 17:06

what a spoilsport you are Lisa - we all want video and its very selfish of you not to give us that pleasure. i think you should do it to help us all with those monday morning blues! rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 01:25

nicolalouises wrote:what a spoilsport you are Lisa - we all want video and its very selfish of you not to give us that pleasure. i think you should do it to help us all with those monday morning blues! rolling on the floor

I know......i'm a real party-pooper, but on a brighter note......................................No Monday morning blues here in WA, it's a Public Holiday dance wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06 2011, 07:37

Loopy wrote:
nicolalouises wrote:what a spoilsport you are Lisa - we all want video and its very selfish of you not to give us that pleasure. i think you should do it to help us all with those monday morning blues! rolling on the floor

I know......i'm a real party-pooper, but on a brighter note......................................No Monday morning blues here in WA, it's a Public Holiday dance wink

well thats just made me a whole lot better -not!!! enjoy your extra day off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down