snappy friends

2 posters

Go down

snappy friends Empty snappy friends

Post by spuker1 Mon Jul 11 2011, 14:49

Mambo's not lucky - so many dogs we're meeting on our daily walks want to snap him that I feel really sad for him Sad he can't get any friends! Not including few obvious cases when the other dogs are just aggressive, I'm sure it's Mambo's attitude, because he's very nosey and pushy - bit of nose and back sniffing with tail waggling at the beginning and then he's off to jump on new friends' heads! Don't know what to do to stop him acting like that, of course he's not aggressive when he does it but it means that he can't even have a proper 'hello' with most of the dogs because they don't like him putting his paws on their heads so they want to snap him or at least are not longer interested...
yesterday we met his friend rottie who we met at the charity dog show few weeks ago - they were happy to see each other until Mambo jumped on poor rotties head, of course rottie told Mambo off by growling at him - it was by Morrison's so few people jumped once they heard the nasty 'dog fight sound' and saw the staffie and rottie standing next to each other Big Grin Big Grin of course they were fine after that, no harm made, waggling tails again, but i didn't let Mambo to come closer again.

any ideas on how to teach Mambo to act a bit better (and calmer!) when meeting other dogs?
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
snappy friends Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

snappy friends Empty Re: snappy friends

Post by janey Mon Jul 11 2011, 15:08

Aww poor Mambo, that mad me sad when you said he has no friends!! He is trying to make some, but well, not getting very far by the sounds of it! When Moo is on lead she often does it, but when she is off she doesn't do it at all, not much help there really. I know Moo would love to be friends Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down