Teeth grinding

2 posters

Go down

Teeth grinding Empty Teeth grinding

Post by lunathestaffy Thu Feb 13 2020, 09:41

I’m not sure weather this is something to worry about or just over teething so thought I’ll try and get peoples opinion. In the last 3-4 days Luna keeps making this grinding noise with her back teeth, it sounds kind of the same as when she’s chewing a bone. She’ll only do it once or twice then stop for few hours then do it again. She won’t really let me look that far back her mouth without starting to panic so I can’t really see if anything is going on there but her gums look healthy, she’s not in pain either coz she’s still chewing everything as usual. Is it just over teething or should I take her to the vet? She’s 7months old so could be a loose tooth in the back or something?

lunathestaffy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 23

Back to top Go down

Teeth grinding Empty Re: Teeth grinding

Post by gillybrent Thu Feb 13 2020, 14:57

She should have finished teething by now, although it's not unheard if for a pup to lose its last teeth at 7 or 8 months.

If you're concerned that it isn't normal & you can't look yourself, I would see if a vet or vet nurse could have a look & see if all the molars have come out - it could be that one has stuck there & is rubbing on the new teeth. If that's the case your vet might want to pull it out.

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down