Naughty female staffy

3 posters

Go down

Naughty female staffy Empty Naughty female staffy

Post by Lisa84 Thu Mar 09 2017, 12:49

***Advice wanted***Can anyone offer any advice to why our female staffy is being naughty. She is just over 2 years old and she has been spayed. We also have a male staffy(her brother from another litter,same parents) who is 18mths old and not a spot of bother. They get on brilliant but she is constantly naughty, she frequently refuses to eat her meals (which our boy is now starting to do), she chews the kennel outside if we leave her outside or digs the garden up, she has chewed the base and destroyed numerous cages and also deficates on her bed and eats it. Her crate is quite large and I've made it smaller (by putting a box to restrict space) in the hope that she won't deficate where she sleeps but she knocked the barrier down and dedicated and ate it. If we have visitors we have to lock her outside as she gets so hyperactive and runs and jumps up at people. Her behaviour was fine until she was spayed about 12 months ago could this have something to do with it? We asked the vet about her giddiness and we were told its normal. I have had staffys for a long time but only ever had boys, she is my first bitch. Is this normal for bitches? She knows what she is doing is naughty but still does it. We tell her 'no' but she carries on. She gets the same attention as our boy and is played with and walked the same. They eat at the same time. They have numerous chew toys which she destroys. We are at our wits end with her. Is there anything I can try or buy to calm her? Her brother is so good and we would have expected this behaviour from him being the youngest.

Lisa84
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Naughty female staffy Empty Re: Naughty female staffy

Post by FlipFlop Thu Mar 09 2017, 13:11

Hello, our last dog was a Boxer we had her done after one season. I believe this was too early had I known I'd of waited till she was a adult, list is endless of things she chewed up ripped apart. As you can see from my question on this regarding having Ronnie done now or after summer... Good luck Holly was the same re hypo with kids guests she would just bark bark bark ( was like pick me pick ) only way to stop her Was pick her up and wrestle her on my lap.
FlipFlop
FlipFlop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Thu Mar 09 2017, 15:14

Hi & welcome to the forum.

What food do you give her? What's her daily routine?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 09 2017, 20:21

Hi and welcome!

The first thing I'd say is that this isn't naughty. She's doing it for a reason, not just to be naughty, to wind you up, etc. It could be frustration, boredom, pain, or something else sort of along those lines, whereby she's taking out her feelings on these things.

We do need to know more about her in order to offer possible suggestions/advice. When she's left outside, how long is that for? How long is she crated for? What's her exercise regime? That sort of thing would be really helpful to get a better picture.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down