Stupid School Again !!!

3 posters

Go down

Stupid School Again !!! Empty Stupid School Again !!!

Post by Bruno311210 Tue Jul 05 2011, 22:41

My daughter is in her last year at lower school and is due to go to her middle school in sept this year, now i took lucie to school this morning and I was talking to the head and she said sorry about something that lucie missed due to the strike and inset day then went on to say She doesn't know whether to keep lucie down a year, so that means she will have to repeat year 4 again. Now they don't think she is ready to go to middle school as her education is behind by 2 years and they don't think she is emotional ready to go. But they have moving up day on friday and they are going to see how she goes and then decide , now they have let me go and take lucie up the school this evening and meet her teacher and other children that will be in class and buy the uniform knowing that she might not be going, now lucie is so excited and happy and maybe i will have to tell her that she might not be going, doesn't really seem fair on the child. And i don't know when they will tell me that she's not going. Feel so stress out
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Stupid School Again !!! Empty Re: Stupid School Again !!!

Post by janey Tue Jul 05 2011, 22:49

Oh hun, you must be feeling pretty sh*t. I haven't a clue on children 'stuff' (not my cup of tea). Don't even know what to say, what will be will be, may not be the end of the world to be kept back, hugs to you, and Lucie, doesn't mean anything really, but I guess as a parent maybe it does. Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05 2011, 23:23

surely it's up to you whether she moves up to middle school, and that they can only give their opinion, as i have never heard of anyone being held back a year it just doesn't seem to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jul 05 2011, 23:52

I didnt know they could do that Surprised I thought if your child is struggling they have a duty to give her extra help to support her I would kick up a fuss.
My eldest was born at 28 weeks so was 12 weeks premature very ill and in hoslital for the first 4 months of his life and weighed 3lb 1 oz when he came home.To make matters worse his birthday is 26 august so he was still 3 when he started school he struggled all the way through school really hes 27 now has a good job so just because shes struggling doesnt mean much I think many of the subjects are not needed in real life some teachers need to get a grip and find a childs strong points work on them instead of being negative about there weak points Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Wed Jul 06 2011, 07:03

janey wrote:Oh hun, you must be feeling pretty sh*t. I haven't a clue on children 'stuff' (not my cup of tea). Don't even know what to say, what will be will be, may not be the end of the world to be kept back, hugs to you, and Lucie, doesn't mean anything really, but I guess as a parent maybe it does. Xx

Thank you Janey Smile

I haven't told Lucie that she might not be going, its not worth saying anything just yet just incase she does go up.
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Wed Jul 06 2011, 07:09

gem wrote:I didnt know they could do that Surprised I thought if your child is struggling they have a duty to give her extra help to support her I would kick up a fuss.
My eldest was born at 28 weeks so was 12 weeks premature very ill and in hoslital for the first 4 months of his life and weighed 3lb 1 oz when he came home.To make matters worse his birthday is 26 august so he was still 3 when he started school he struggled all the way through school really hes 27 now has a good job so just because shes struggling doesnt mean much I think many of the subjects are not needed in real life some teachers need to get a grip and find a childs strong points work on them instead of being negative about there weak points Smile

Thank Gem Smile

She has one to one once a week, Maths she goes to year 2 class 4 times a week and stays in own class for maths once a week. We are talking about a child that cannot tell the time, she doesn't know her times tables at all, She is reading age 6 reading books and writes and draws like a 6 year old and she's just turned 9.

Just feel sorry for her incase i have got burst her bubble and tell her that she can't go up with her friends. But she does have a friend in year3 that should be in year 4 but because she missed so much school due to family situation they kept her down a year and she is 7 months older than my daughter.
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 08:34

my son was born on the 4th July so was always amongst the youngest in his year and had trouble keeping up, but the school gave him 2 lessons a day one to one tutition, this meant he could keep up with the rets of the class. He is now 15 and is in the top set in a few of his classes. I did not think they could keep them down a year, hopefully it wont happen
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down