How do we get a licence for taking our Staffy on Holiday to Spain please

2 posters

Go down

Smile How do we get a licence for taking our Staffy on Holiday to Spain please

Post by Bellabumfluf Tue Jul 05 2016, 15:54

Hi

We are planning on travelling from the UK to Spain on Brittany Ferries in December, we currently live in France and usually drive and have no problems. The ferry company have phoned us up to ask if we have all the relevant paperwork for entering Spain through the Port. We know that we have to have a Licence for her to enter Spain as she is listed as a dangerous dog!!!!! What we dont know and cant seem to find out, is how do you get a Licence if youre not living in Spain?

Bella is a 9 year old pedigree staffy, she is fully neutered, vaccinated and chipped.

Any help much appreciated.

Debs

Bellabumfluf
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

http://www.campingdevezeau.com

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: How do we get a licence for taking our Staffy on Holiday to Spain please

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05 2016, 17:06

Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you have a moment to have a look around and maybe decide to join us more generally. I've moved this thread to a more general area for you, where it might get more views.

I have no experience with this but my instinct is to contact the Spanish Embassy. They should, I think, be able to give you the full information you need. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: How do we get a licence for taking our Staffy on Holiday to Spain please

Post by -Ian- Thu Jul 07 2016, 18:35

Here's a link to Brittany Feries info http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/PETS-travel-scheme/compliance-checklist

I think as long as you follow the EU pet passport guidelines and any other found at the link above you should be fine but as mentioned above, for complete peace of mind it might be worth calling the Spanish embassy or looking on their web site.

Welcome to the forum too Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

How do we get a licence for taking our Staffy on Holiday to Spain please B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down