Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy

3 posters

Go down

Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy Empty Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy

Post by Amelie Wed Jan 20 2016, 11:25

Lol Lexi is anything but small and compact, she is already taller then my current three by at least 2 inches at the shoulders and longer (20 inches from neck to tail base), she's the same height as my sisters dog when she was 6 months and she is now 26kg very tall girl (my three or only 14x2 and my 17kg), Luckily Lexi is allot more slender, ahh the joys of getting any pup, you never know what they will grow into.

When i took her to the vet a few months ago the vet said they will spay small dogs likes her at 6 months as it wont affect their growth because they're a small breed and with larger breeds the prefer to wait.....yeah Lexi has doubled and size and weight since then.

Amelie
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy Empty Re: Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy

Post by gillybrent Wed Jan 20 2016, 12:27

Amelie wrote:
When i took her to the vet a few months ago the vet said they will spay small dogs likes her at 6 months as it wont affect their growth because they're a small breed and with larger breeds the prefer to wait.....yeah Lexi has doubled and size and weight since then.

the size of the breed makes no difference to how early neutering affects a dog or bitch! the hormones/growth etc are the same!

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy Empty Re: Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy

Post by Amelie Wed Jan 20 2016, 13:58

hormones and growth aren't the same, everything living has different levels of these but i know what you mean about neutering not affecting growth etc, which is why i have not taken this vets advice and had my bitch spayed already.

Amelie

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Fri Jan 22 2016, 12:03

Amelie wrote:hormones and growth aren't the same, everything living has different levels of these but i know what you mean about neutering not affecting growth etc, which is why i have not taken this vets advice and had my bitch spayed already.

i don't mean that hormones & growth are the same - sorry, that's me not explaining properly! I mean that the growth & hormone production is the same no matter what size breed a dog is.

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Fri Jan 22 2016, 20:27

I remember my dear old mum bringing this little cute puppy home from Battersea many years ago then it grew and grew and grew into this long lanky Whippet cross thing. Daft as a brush it was too but gave my Mum loads of love too Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Wanted- small compact little staffy girl or boy B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down