Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :(

2 posters

Go down

Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :( Empty Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :(

Post by laineybell Thu Jun 30 2011, 12:54

heya,
Jemma has 2 inflammed nipples, very red n sore looking, plus a rash on her tummy. She has also taken to biting the base of her tail (near her bottom.)
Due to this have her booked into the vets for 5.50pm today.
I think the rash may have sumthing to do with grass, as we cut the grass yesterday and her rash came up.
I have treated her with frontline as the rescue centre sed she may have fleas from the long grass etc. i actually found 1 on her a lil while ago.
Any ideas on the rash or her red nipples?
I hope it dont cost a fortune, as im having to pay out for my clutch to b replaced in my car today lol.

Thanks in advance !!
laineybell
laineybell
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jemma
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :( Empty Re: Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :(

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 12:56

no idea as i have a boy, but very god luck today and hope it is not too expensive

Smile

Back to top Go down

Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :( Empty Re: Jemma's 1st trip to the vets (with me) today :(

Post by janey Thu Jun 30 2011, 13:23

I would have thought the biting on the tail is due to fleas, has her op healed up nicely, best to have it checked as that wasn't that long ago, good luck at the vets, can you not call the rescue shelter and see if there at all liable to help you with bills as you've only just got her home? Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:18

janey wrote:I would have thought the biting on the tail is due to fleas, has her op healed up nicely, best to have it checked as that wasn't that long ago, good luck at the vets, can you not call the rescue shelter and see if there at all liable to help you with bills as you've only just got her home? Xx

Good idea Janey.....I remember when I got my cat from a rescue centre he was covered for any illness in the first two weeks. Good job too, as he went downhill with cat flu. All his vet bills and medications were covered and I had no out of pocket expense.
If the rash and nipples are due to grass , the centre may not help, but if it is anything due to her op then they SHOULD help you out with costs etc...
Hope you find the cause and she improves soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by laineybell Thu Jun 30 2011, 14:23

i jus hope shes ok at the vets lol. i took her yesterday to weigh her,she weighs 15.7kg
laineybell
laineybell

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by laineybell Fri Jul 01 2011, 13:28

she was as gd as gold at the vet, although other ppl gave her a very wide birth, dnt no y, she was better behaved thn most of their dogs!!
i have some cream to put on her rash, and have to go back in a week.
im starting to be more sure on it being something to do with the grass as she seems to get redder everytime shes out on it.
i treated her with frontline weds, so hopefully all the fleas have gone now, she deffo doesnt seem to be itching as much.
the vet sed summit about her maybe having to hav some steriods to sort her rash out, but im not sure if these wud wrk if it is hayfever....
laineybell
laineybell

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Jul 01 2011, 14:04

Never had to use them myself, but that all sounds positive Big Grin well done Jemma star
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down