What i've been at this past year or so

5 posters

Go down

What i've been at this past year or so Empty What i've been at this past year or so

Post by lexii Fri Sep 18 2015, 23:13

So since i was last here a few things have changed massively!

Here is lexi. Shes 11 now and taking things a bit slower. Lies in her basket farting all day Laughing last year nearly around this time actually, there was a big thunder storm and she got a fright and ran right into the road Sad unfortunately a car couldn't stop and she got clipped in the back hip. She pretty much went straight into shock and typical bull behaviour showed no pain. I rushed her straight to the vet and she spent 5 days in there but because she was resfusing to eat anything (she dropped about 6kgs) and would not go to the toilet she was sent home. She did a massive poo and ate half a bowl of food so home was the best place for her! Took a few weeks of physio for her to get back to walking again and unfortunately shes never regained full use of the leg, she will hop on three in a trot but will walk on it and will use it to run flat out - it just gets in the way in a trot haha but shes doing okay cowboy

My second big news - i got a new dog! My dad has always had a black lab at his side, and when our last one died a few years ago he always intended to get a new pup. Well one day my friend who runs a boarding kennel posted that one of her customers had decided not to come back for their 9 year old lab x so he came to us haha. He can be annoying but hes a decent bloke really. This is Billy day dreaming

Here are some photos for you all Big Grin

What i've been at this past year or so Null_zps9f82180d
What i've been at this past year or so Null_zps00198042
What i've been at this past year or so P5240057_zps6062c5b9
What i've been at this past year or so CCEEE289-629F-451E-98FB-F63B38155A76_zps5da5a8d4
What i've been at this past year or so 25CE7BAB-591E-4E27-9B30-EBED18D6E011_zpsge8umlso
What i've been at this past year or so 984279_10204911251638509_4148651775607436048_n
What i've been at this past year or so 10690264_10204723888794555_3794490807978324857_n
lexii
lexii
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

What i've been at this past year or so Empty Re: What i've been at this past year or so

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19 2015, 08:08

Oh crickey, that must have been horrifying for you. I'm glad Lexi's ok, albeit a bit hoppity.

How on earth can someone just dump a 9 year old (or any age) dog at a boarding kennel!!! I've heard of people doing it with horses at livery yards when they could no longer pay, but I hadn't heard of someone doing it to a dog before. I hope your friend got her boarding money. And good on you for taking Billy in.

Beautiful pics (you're in a gorgeous part of the world)

Back to top Go down

What i've been at this past year or so Empty Re: What i've been at this past year or so

Post by JStaff Sat Sep 19 2015, 21:54

Glad that Lexi is okay and they look great together Big Grin
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Sep 19 2015, 22:06

So sorry to read that Lexi had a nasty accident but in typical Staffy fashion has amended her ways and adapted Big Grin

Billy looks fab, how could anyone just leave him at the kennels Surprised still, their loss is your gain Big Grin

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

What i've been at this past year or so B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by lexii Sat Sep 19 2015, 22:40

JStaff wrote:Glad that Lexi is okay and they look great together Big Grin
They are great. Lexi is not great with other dogs, so he was kind of on trial but she seems to have just taken to him. They play and just get on fab. They are not snuggly, but interact. 
-Ian- wrote:So sorry to read that Lexi had a nasty accident but in typical Staffy fashion has amended her ways and adapted Big Grin

Billy looks fab, how could anyone just leave him at the kennels Surprised still, their loss is your gain Big Grin
No idea. They had him from a pup, in holland. They paid all that money to bring him over here, then just left him.
lexii
lexii

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : No dogs now :(
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Sep 20 2015, 17:19

Bless her, glad she's on the mend. Good to have you back!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Sep 20 2015, 20:12

thanks for the update Hayley,lovely to see Lexi again glad she's ok now,sash is 11 now also and sleeps alot, Billy looks great Love Struck
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down