mistys mum

4 posters

Go down

mistys mum Empty mistys mum

Post by Mia05 Tue Jun 02 2015, 09:22

Good luck with today hun let us know how misty gets on Smile

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

mistys mum Empty Re: mistys mum

Post by Mistys Mum Tue Jun 02 2015, 09:33

Thanks so much Crystal. She's in now, all went well with her pre med. The vet is taking bloods first and she said she will call me if there are any issues and she can't operate. Thankfully no phone call. I have to call back at between one and one thirty. Obviously I'll be on that phone at exactly one pm!

mistys mum B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Tue Jun 02 2015, 17:22

Smile

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Tue Jun 02 2015, 23:17

Hope all goes well mistys mum 3198918699
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Wed Jun 03 2015, 11:20

Thanks both. Well my little girl is one tough little cookie. Evidently there was an abnormality in her womb but it's ok as they removed everything yesterday. When we went to pick her up we wanted to ask exactly what the abnormality was but of course when we saw her that went out of our minds. She is due back this Friday and next for post op checks so will ask then. It was an awful sight seeing her yesterday, she was actually shaking when we put her in the car. Thankfully it's a very very short trip to my mum's so we took her in and put her to bed straight away. However, as I'm sure you all know our little fur babies are very stubborn. She simply would not  give in and sleep. She sat in her bed with a very sorry little expression on her face and was sat upright fighting the urge to sleep. Poor little thing, her eyes were closing but she wouldn't stop trying to stay awake. Eventually she gave in after about an hour and had a sleep. I did wonder if we should have put her in the back room where it's completely silent. Obviously we were not making noise and were whispering with the tv on very quietly but I did wonder if she would like silence. My dad said no as she's not a dog like that, she likes to know we are here. Misty herself answered that question later that evening. Hubby and I were outside in the kitchen preparing her dinner of plain chicken and my dad was upstairs. Suddenly hubby says to me , i think you better go back into the front room now. I turn around and see Misty stood at the kitchen door like something in a horror film, she was just stood there with an expression that just said, I really can't believe you two, first you don't feed me ANYTHING this morning, then you dump me at some horrible place where they give me medicine to make me feel Ill. Then you pick me up, again FEEDING ME NOTHING, and now you don't even want to sit in the same room as me. Wow you two are the worst people ever. Seeing that face I went straight back and sat with her. She had a wander around the room about nine pm last night. At two am this morning we were both woken up by her very vigorous kisses. It was all we could do to stop her jumping and running about. She was back to herself. She was going crazy with the kisses. It was lovely to see. She stayed up on and off till about seven this morning. My parents came down and just said they couldn't believe her, just looking at her you would never know she had an op. She is such a lovely girl, I was a tiny bit worried she might be a bit off with us for taking her there but I shouldn't have worried. Now the only issue is how to keep an excitable little girl quiet for ten days with no jumping up, no running, and very very minimal walks. This could be the hardest part!So happy to have her back home and the lovely personality we adore is back.
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Wed Jun 03 2015, 14:20

Very resilient our 4 wee legged fur babies are bless her wishing her a speedy and quiet recovery

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Wed Jun 03 2015, 18:08

Thanks Crystal, I'm home now and she is bouncing around like normal. These next ten days will drag, she will go stir crazy without her walks!

mistys mum B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Wed Jun 03 2015, 20:26

Bless her. I started lead walking Bug, just 2 x 15 minute walks a day plus loads of mental stimulation - trick training/find the treat/kongs for every meal Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Mon Jun 08 2015, 21:42

how is misty now ? emma she wiill be due her stitches out soon

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Fri Jun 12 2015, 10:10

Hello, sorry haven't replied sooner. Well Misty is back to her usual self now

mistys mum B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Fri Jun 12 2015, 10:11

Hello, sorry haven't replied sooner. Well Misty is back to her usual self now . We went to the vets last Friday for her first check up. My heart sank when I saw the vet, it was the lady from the first two times we went who wasn't very friendly with Misty and acted very nervous. I'll admit my heart sank but what a difference, she sat on the floor and Misty was all over her. I had freshly cooked chicken breast but she ignored me and just wanted the treats the vet had. She completely ignored me! The vet was all over her saying she couldn't believe she was like this and when she first saw her she never would of thought misty would act like this. We just said that she is a lovely girl and this is her true personality and before she was still getting used to her new life. Must admit I was so proud when the vet was saying nice things. Misty spent the whole time sat on the vet. She said that she is looking great and keep her on short walks, ten mins twice a day and come back next Friday (today). We told her we are sleeping on the floor with her now as we don't want her jumping on the bed. She just started laughing, couldn't believe we sleep in the floor but in my mind it would be bad of us to go to bed, we let her sleep with us and for her then to be shut out of the bedroom and left to sleep in her dog bed might make her feel she is punished or something. We are happy to do it so no biggie for us. We are back at half six tonight, we have seen her scar and it looks great, stitches are mostly dissolved now. One thing we have noticed is she does  have some milky creamy discharge now so we will let the vet know later. Hoping she can get the all clear for walks etc as I've bought her a paddling pool for the garden plus a ball pit and a hundred balls. She will love that, a hundred balls to destroy

mistys mum B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Fri Jun 12 2015, 10:42

Oh glad shes doing great im sure the discharge is nothing and misty will love the balls and paddling pool:lol: peoples perception of a staffy is sometimes judgemental largly due to people whos dogs end up in the newspaper cos they havent trained them properly once people realise they are great intelligent loveable animals their whole attitude changes. I try and change peoples minds one day at a time. Smile

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Mon Jun 15 2015, 12:16

She's got the all clear;) went to the vets again Friday night and all is good. She's on some antibiotics for the white discharge but vet is very happy with her. We haven't noticed any discharge since Thursday now so hoping that's cleared up too. It was so nice being able to take her out this weekend. We went for a lovely walk on Saturday morning. We were walking down the street and saw a lady with a staffy. We stopped and had a chat with her. Misty had a little bark but after some treats she was crying to meet the new dog but the other staff wasn't really interested and the lady said she likes to meet off the lead. The lady was lovely saying she has never had a staff until this one but aren't they just the most affectionate dogs ever which of course we agreed with. She was telling us how she got her dog from the dogs trust and think she is around five or six now. It was so nice chatting to another owner and she was the complete opposite of what is portrayed as a usual staffy owner. Very well to do and such a nice lady. After that walk We took misty to my parents house and she just wore herself out, my dad put the hose on for her and she just went completely mad, trying to eat the stream of water. We were all in tears watching her, the mad little thing. I've bought her a paddling pool so hopefully when it's hot we can use it. The kids ball pit I bought for her has fallen flat. She's absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. Hubby and I were so excited on Friday night, she took one look at it, reached her head in and took out a ball and destroyed it. She did this about five times and then got bored. I imagined she would be jumping in there and have a whale of a time throwing the balls about. But no, she isn't interested, that was a waste of money, hoping the padding pool will keep her interested. Yesterday we went for a walk in the morning but it was drizzling so we we not out long. In the evening we took her to the local park. We had her on a normal length lead and straight away we meet a tiny little dog. The owner was an older man and he said straight away, oh she loves staffs, she will want to play. His dog came up to misty and she went mad trying to chase and play. The man was on his way out otherwise we would have been tempted to let her off lead to play. Wow what a difference, normally all small dogs we have ever met have barked at Misty and not wanted to play. So nice to meet an owner who doesn't judge Staffies and was more then happy for them to play. We had the park to ourselves so we tried a bit of recall practice using a technique we have seen Victoria Stilwell do. We put her on the long training line and hubby walked away from us. He then turned to her and said touch and put his right hand out, she ran like the wind to him and he gave her a treat from his left hand after she touched his right. We did this for a while but didn't want her to get too worn out as she hasn't run for a while since before the operation. She is great doing this, so obedient, it's only when she is off the lead she gets more interested in other things then us. We did try just before her op, we had her off lead as park was empty, she was doing so well running between us when we called. Then a collie came in the other side of the park and boom she was off. She is so quick, it's ridiculous, I couldn't catch her and she ran up to the collie who seemed quite nervous. I apologised profusely to the owner, said it was our fault we were just trying to train her and sorry we didn't see you. She was ok but I don't think she was impressed that a lightening bolt came from nowhere and her dog was on the lead and I completely understood as I hate off lead dogs running up to us and no owner in sight. So we have a lot more work to do before we can let her off but it's so promising. Just so happy her op is done now and she's back to get usual mischievous little self.
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Mon Jun 15 2015, 13:55

What a lovely story

mistys mum B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female