Important Rescue message

5 posters

Go down

Important Rescue message Empty Important Rescue message

Post by -Ian- Fri Dec 26 2014, 12:50

This message is untended for all our Rescue center friends.

It has come to the attention of one of our members that there are a couple that are scamming people by offering to rescue Dogs. The information below has been put together with the Police and the statements verified as true.

*Now possibly residing in Cheshire*

PLEASE BE WARNED  -
Rescues have  been  victims of these  people after  entrusting them with  the  care  of their  Rescue  Dogs.   They  have  found the  dogs  to either have  been  ruthlessly placed in pounds, destroyed or they  have  simply disappeared.

Other people have  been  defrauded of  hundreds of  pounds and   one  has  had  her identity  stolen,  enabling  Kerrie   Simmons  to  carry   out   identity  theft   for  illegal purposes.

Kerrie   Simmons  and   Adrian  Davies have   no  empathy for  dogs   or  for  people, viewing both  as targets to be exploited for their  own  ends.

Despite all best  efforts  to obtain Police  involvement, nothing has  yet  been  done to our knowledge.
Please  take time  to read the victims' statements and  be warned. Note  – Hereafter –
KS = Kerrie  Simmons
AD = Adrian Davies

Rescue  Statement of: Yvonne  Parkins,  of Pembrokeshire Staffies
Tel: xxxxxxx
Email: xxx@aol.com

Bobby   was   a  young  staffie/cross  who   came   to  me   with   very   bad   behaviour problems;  in  particular  he  had   an   acute   fear   of  men.      Bobby   had   been   with Pembrokeshire Staffies  for some  months and  there had  been  no interest.  KS offered to foster  Bobby for me and  I was  relieved that  Bobby was  finally  going  to be given  a chance at home-life.

On  21st May  2014 I took  Bobby  to meet  KS and  AD at their  home in Pembrey, and Bobby  and  AS bonded straight away and  it was  an  absolute joy to see and,  if I had not  seen  it with  my own  eyes,  I would never have  believed it.  On the following day I transferred £400.00 into  KS's bank  account for  behavioural classes  for  Bobby  and food.

I remember after  a few weeks KS said  that  Bobby  was  going  nowhere and  that  they would like to adopt Bobby.   I was  so happy and  grateful that  Bobby  had  found his wonderful forever home.

On  26th   May   2014  I  transferred  £150  into   KS’s  bank   account  to  ‘rescue’   staffie puppies.  The police  tried unsuccessfully to obtain information from  KS about these pups.

Again, on the 14th August 2014, I sent to KS the sum  of £140.00 for their  further costs for the care of Bobby. We kept  in touch by phone and  by email  and  KS told  me  that  Bobby  was  enjoying his swims in the  lake when he went away with  AD and,  after  my  repeated requests over   many  weeks,  KS  sent   to  me   a  photo  of  what  was   described  as  'Bobby swimming'. The photo was clearly  not Bobby and  this alarmed me greatly.
I attended KS and  AD's  home but  Bobby  was  not  there, and  KS told  me that  he was
away with  AS.

At the  same  time  as this,  rumours were  circulating about KS’s and  AD’s suspicious activities.

I was  becoming distraught for Bobby  but  was  still being  told  by KS that  Bobby  was fine but  was still away with  AD.  I now  know that  this was not the case.

On  the  17th  June  2014, Bobby  was  collected by  Brendan Davies, Dog  Warden for Carmarthenshire County Council from  an address in Llanelli  and  taken to Swansea Pound.    Bobby  was  destroyed after  serving his  statutory seven days  on  the  23rd June.

This   was   because  Brendan  found  Bobby   'terrible  with   other  dogs'  and   kennel aggressive and  informed me of this  only  after  he had  been  destroyed, and  only  then when I telephoned him.   He said  that  he was  not  a dog  that  could be re homed and so did  not  offer  him  to 'pound pullers' and  said  that  he could not  leave  the  pound because he was  too dangerous.

It should be noted that  I had  not  changed Bobby’s  microchip and  he was  chipped to South    Gloucestershire  Pound,   who    were    never   notified   of   his    impending destruction.

So, with  no chance given to re-home or foster  him,  Bobby's  fate was  sealed. Bobby's death came  as  a  great shock  since  KS had  maintained to  the  last  that  Bobby  was away with  her partner AS.

I am heartbroken.

The police  at Burry  Port have  been  involved in the case.

The contents of my statement are true to the best of my belief and knowledge. I have no objection to the distribution of my statement.

Yvonne Parkins

Rescue    Statement  of:   Sarah   Horner,   of   Lancashire   and   Belle    Vue   Retired Greyhound Trust   (RGT) (was  with  North  West  RGT when KS was  convicted of stealing her identity to obtain  prescription drugs)
Tel: xxxxxx
Email: xxx@yahoo.co.uk

Four/ five  years  ago KS contacted NWRGT  to enquire about rehoming a greyhound. I carried out a homecheck, and  felt she would make  a great owner and invited her to come to the kennels to meet  the dogs.  Kerrie  fostered one of our long stayers for some  time  and  I got to know Kerrie  over  a period of months. Everything seemed fine and  there were  no problems with  the foster  placement until I received a phone call out of the blue  from  Wirral NHS informing me that  a lady  called  Kerrie Simmonds had  stolen my identity and  obtained prescription drugs posing as me at the GP. I immediately made an excuse  to get the foster  greyhound back and identified KS from  CCTV footage, she was  arrested shortly after  and  I was  informed that  multiple prescriptions were  found in her home. I gave  statements and  at her court hearing she was charged on 6 counts of fraud, one of them relating to the theft of my identity.

The contents of my statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I have no objection to my statement being distributed.
Signed

Sarah Horner
Lancashire and Belle Vue Retired Greyhound Trust
xxx

Statement of: Tina Turvey,  Transporter for Homeless Hounds in Lancashire. Tel: xxx
Email: xxx@aol.com

KS asked if I would collect  a greyhound for her  that  was  going  to be put  to sleep  in the  Pound and  transport him  to  her  in  Wales.  KS contacted Homeless Hounds in Lancashire who  were  the  pound pullers, after  she  had  secured Rescue  back-up as a foster  carer  from  Kim Taylor  of New  Forest  Animal Rescue,  .

Transport  was   arranged  and   I  picked  Jake  up   from   Aspen  Valley   Kennels  in Oswaldtwistle on  Monday 18th  August 2014 and  dropped him  off  at  KS's  rented property at  approximately 10pm  the  same  day.  She said  he  was  to be  her  seventh dog,  but  straight away shut him  in her wet  room on his own  and  ushered me out  of the house saying it was  late and  she wanted to go to bed.

I next  heard from  KS on  the  morning of 20th  August, when she  rang  to inform me she had  taken Jake to Alpha Vets in Burry  Port,  they  had  scanned him,  and  found a microchip at  the  base  of  his  tail  and   he  had   been   flagged up  on  the  system as reported lost.  She stated that  as the vets  knew her well  they  had  allowed her to take Jake  home with  her  while they  contacted the  owners to  arrange got  collection of Jake.  Upon checking with  Alpha Vets, they  confirmed she had  not been  to see them.

I was  asked by Kim Taylor  to visit  Kerrie's house to pick  Jake up  to take  him  to her own   vets   for  a  general  health  check   and   so  that   verification  could  be  sought regarding the microchip.

On my contact with  KS, she said  that  she would not be in for Jake's vet appointment, as  she  herself was  going  out  and  a  taxi  had  been  booked. However I decided to attend KS's home, in any  event, and  when I arrived at  her  home she  was  at home and  eventually opened the door. She told  me I could not take  Jake as one of her own dogs  was  ill and  she  was  too upset about it. I said  if it was  nothing to do  with  Jake then  maybe it would be better to take  him  so she  could concentrate on  her  ill dog. The door was  then  closed  on me.

I contacted Kim  (the  RBU) and  picked her  up  from  her  home as she  wanted to see Jake and  check  he was  OK.     Kerrie  refused to open the door and  actually called  the police,   reporting  to  them  that   we   were   harassing  her,   calling   her   names,  and threatening her.  The police  entered her  property and  eventually ascertained KS had actually contacted the  Dog  Warden on  the  previous day  (less  than 12 hours after  I left Jake with  her)  and  informed him  her  boyfriend had  found him  as a stray  on the railway line and  asked for him  to be collected and  taken to the  pound (Greenfields) in Swansea.

Kim  eventually got  Jake back  from  Greenfields on  the  21st August after  providing documentation to prove she was  the RBU and  responsible for him.

The contents of my statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I have no objection to my statement being distributed.

Tina Turvey

Statement of: Angela Wood
Tel: xxx
Email: xxx@yahoo.co.uk

In December 2013 I sent  to KS £200.00 by post  office transfer as a deposit to secure a rented property for her in Pembrey, where KS lived.    Once  I arrived at the property to move in it was  already occupied and  I was  obliged to live with  KS.   I sent  emails and   text  messages to  the  landlord but   excuses were   made and   the  move   never happened.

At the end  of March 2014 I moved into my own  rented property, having reported the incident to the police.

In  the  following weeks I gave  several hundred pounds to  Kerrie  for  vets  bills  for rescue dogs  and  for transporting dogs  and  as a loan.   It appears that  all this  money was  kept  by KS for her own  use.

In  June  2014 I became suspicious of KS and  challenged her  about the  £200.00. KS
finally  admitted that  AD had  set up  a false email  address and  mobile phone number and  he was  the non  existent landlord.  KS went to the police  to make  a statement to this effect, AD was questioned and  later  KS retracted her statement.

My  passport  was   stolen  from   my   house  and   this   was   reported  to  the   police. Just  hours before  KS and  AD  left  Pembrey to  a destination as  yet  unknown,  My passport was later  put  through my letter  box.

The contents of my statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I have no objection to my statement being distributed.

Angela Wood

Statement of Alpa Vets
Burry Port

While   in  Pembrey  Kerrie   set  up   an  account for  S.N.A.P.   a  non-existent  rescue organisation with  Alpha Vets in Burry  Port.

According to Sam  Graham of Rescued Racers,  Kerrie  owes  'a substantial sum'. The Debt  Collection Agency has  been  informed but  Alpha Vets  are  doubtful that  they will see any money.

Statement of Rescued Racers
Swansea

K.S. and  A.D.  were  volunteers for  the  charity and  used it as a respectable front  to their   activities by  attending car  boot   sales  on  behalf   of  Rescued Racers   but   the charity never saw the money.

Statement of Kimberley Plant
Tel: xxx

Bobby,  a staffie  boy,  who  survived a fire  at  his  home was  given  by  his  owner to Kimberley Plant  to rehome.   He was  subsequently fostered for several months and had  two short epileptic fits during this time.

On  4th  December  2013  Bobby   was   taken to  a  vet.   Please   find   Medical Report attached and  a couple of days  later  on the 6th was  transported to K.S and  A.D. to be fostered.  KS claimed to have  contact with  someone knowledgeable about epilepsy.
Two  days  later  on  the  6th  Bobby  was  purportedly taken by  KS to  Alpha Vets  in Burry  Port,  who  detected a brain tumour.  It should be noted that  Alpha Vets do not possess MRI equipment.

Again on the  9th  Bobby  was  taken by KS to Alpha Vets  and  euthanised because he was  'fitting all the time'.

KS  had   no  authority  to  have   Bobby   destroyed since   he  was   not   her   dog   and defended her decision by saying that  he had  a brain tumour.

It has not been  possible to obtain a Medical Report from  Alpha Vets. It is hoped that  the RSPCA will obtain one in due  course.

The contents of my statements true to the best of my knowledge and beliefs and I have no objection to my statement being made public

Kim Plant

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Important Rescue message B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Important Rescue message Empty Re: Important Rescue message

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26 2014, 13:09

Scum.

Thanks for the info, Ian. I'll pass it on to Danaher.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat Dec 27 2014, 18:33

angry angry ,thanks for the post Ian
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by kimmiep Mon Oct 12 2015, 16:56

thanks for posting this i am one of the people that she lied to and tried to scam

kimmiep
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Wed Oct 14 2015, 08:14

Nae words for this vile cretin angry angry angry

Important Rescue message B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Wed Oct 14 2015, 10:22

Evil scum.

Important Rescue message B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523