goin back to work and leaving little axl

3 posters

Go down

goin back to work and leaving little axl Empty goin back to work and leaving little axl

Post by axlbaby Sun Jun 19 2011, 13:36

ive made sure ive got a few weeks off with axl but in 3 weeks time i'll be back at work i only work weekends so its only 3 weekends a month alone i'll be working leaveing home 7:10am and getting back home at 1:45 and then when his older i wont be getting home till 4:45 just wanted some tips for leaving him as at the moment he whines alot being alonely his got a crate i dont know weather to leave him in that or section off a room with his crate inside i dont know what to do getting worried about him being upset
axlbaby
axlbaby
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : axl and skyla
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months ish and 3
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

goin back to work and leaving little axl Empty Re: goin back to work and leaving little axl

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 17:04

Whenever i leave my dogs alone, i always put the radio on for them make sure they have some teddys etc .. i never usually leave food or treats for them because i always say if they was to ever choke and im not there i'd never forgive myself, and as for meal wise they have set times so thats fine Smile.
Maybe give him something that smells of you so he can still smell you when you leave .. dont make a fuss of him before you leave etc or he will be like WOOOOO...OH :'( if you get what i mean.

Back to top Go down

goin back to work and leaving little axl Empty Re: goin back to work and leaving little axl

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 17:09

Good advice there.

I'd start leaving him for short periods now, so it won't be such a shock when the time comes! Just 5 or 10 minutes to start with & build it up to about an hour or so. If he's happy with an hour, he'll be happy for longer.

I had to leave Dempsey shut in his crate whenever I went out as I didn't have a safe room to leave him in & he would have eaten something he shouldn't! He was fine with that, although he was never left for more than a couple of hours.

Make sure that he's nice & tired when you go out, and he should sleep for most of the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 02:26

I am not sure if I do the right thing but we leave Stanley alone for a several hours during the week while we go to work, we give hime a few different toys to play with and also a kong with some treats. We don't have a creat for him so he is just locked in a section of the house right (Its a middle room so it is not too hot or cold) he has a window and I also leave the radio on for him. He is still a bit young only 12 weeks but he seems to be ok with it, he does not cry when we leave but does have a couple of barks as I lock the back door he is reallt stooked to see us when we get home thats for sure.

In a few more weeks once he has all of his shots he will be coming to work with me for the day so I am sure that will make him heaps happy.

My wife and I really worry about him getting seperation anixety but are not 100% sure if he is getting it or not???? But like I said he seems to be ok when we do leave for work in the moring.

Hope we are doing the right thing for him thats for sure.
cowboydave
cowboydave
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20 2011, 05:29

I went through this as well. I try to make sure Suki is exercised before I leave her alone in the house. I'm lucky in that my wife stays hoem with her most of the time. I also left her a shirt or some piece of clothing with my wife's and mine scent so she wouldn't get to lonely. We also started leaving her alone for 10 minutes and then 20 minutes and so on. It took a little bit to get her used to it but she does okay most of the time now.

Back to top Go down

Post by axlbaby Mon Jun 20 2011, 08:17

i know its horrible leaving them and hoping its not gonna affect them in the long run im gonna start slowly leaving him alone and slowly increase the time until i actually have to leave him yesterday i even pretended to leave i opened and shut the front door and hid in the bed room for an hour he cried for 10 mins ish then slept i guess for the other 50mins then he woke up so have to c wat happens greatful for all the tips eveyone and wanna give stanley a cuddle so cute Smile
axlbaby
axlbaby

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal-girl Mon Jun 20 2011, 10:25

Stanley is THE cutest pup! Totally adorable! Just want to pick him up and cuddle him!

OT I know, and I have nothing worthwhile to add to discussion, just wanted to gush over Stanley Big Grin
rascal-girl
rascal-girl

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by axlbaby Mon Jun 20 2011, 10:34

lol totally agree with u its lovely seeing all these puppy pics rascal is a proper cutie 2 Love Struck
axlbaby
axlbaby

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cowboydave Mon Jun 20 2011, 22:43

Stanley says thanks for the cuddle and gives you cuddles right back Love Struck he really loves attention......
cowboydave
cowboydave

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stanley
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by rascal-girl Tue Jun 21 2011, 09:45

Ooh, and he's a Qlder too!!! I'm a Brissie girl Big Grin Thank you Nikki Big Grin we think she's pretty cute too! Axl is totally adorable, I bet those eyes make you melt!
rascal-girl
rascal-girl

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rascal
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by axlbaby Tue Jun 21 2011, 20:36

yeah they do makes it hard to tell him off Smile
axlbaby
axlbaby

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down