Trouble on last nights walk

4 posters

Go down

Trouble on last nights walk Empty Trouble on last nights walk

Post by Neil. Thu Aug 21 2014, 12:37

Hi all ,

I would just like to have your views on the events which took place on our walk last night :

My Partner has a Pomeranian called Boris and she also has Roxis sister who is called Rosie , now all our dogs get on famously , obviously there is a few spats but on the whole they play together great.

Last night as we walked the dogs we came across a couple walking a poodle and a spaniel , we stopped for a chat and all the dogs explored each other and generally milled around us as we chatted , now Boris ( the Pom ) is a bit of a romeo and was getting more amorous with the poodle , nothing sinister and we told him to calm down which he did .... After about 2 mins he again approached the Spaniel and sniffed , upon which the Spaniel spun round and pinned Boris onto his back and had him by the throat , this lasted for about 10 seconds or so with no involvement from the dogs owner who was quite happy to let his dog continue , until ....... Rosie who is protective at the best of times jumped at the Spaniel and gripped its ear and refused to let go while Roxi who really has no aggression in her whatsoever jumped in and out a few times before backing off , i eventually got Rosies mouth open and released the Spaniel ....... Now the owner of the Spaniel didnt really say much other than walking off with his dog in his arms.

Needless to say we were mortified and couldnt apologise enough but on reflection after was it really our dogs fault , Rosie in my opinion was just sticking up for her brother ..... I dont know what else to think and i would appreciate your views on this incident ..... Thanks

Neil.
Neil.
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Roxi
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Trouble on last nights walk Empty Re: Trouble on last nights walk

Post by Sazzle Thu Aug 21 2014, 12:53

Once one dog goes all hell can break out! Personally I wouldn't worry about it  Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Aug 21 2014, 15:39

cant believe the owner of the spaniel did'nt do any thing when it went for boris  angry ,no wonder rosie and roxi tried to protect him,i also would'nt worry,they all are very close by the sound of it.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Harleykins Thu Aug 21 2014, 16:38

I can't believe the owner didn't stop her dog from attacking Boris! That's insane! Sad What a shame, bless him! It just looks like your dog was defending what they know, and as Sazzie said, when one dog starts it usually starts the rest up.

Harleykins
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content