Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department....

+2
ColinW
lumpydog
6 posters

Go down

Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department.... Empty Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department....

Post by lumpydog Wed Jul 02 2014, 16:50

......Had two of these calls today. Basically an old scam revamped. I used to get calls claiming to be from Microsoft telling me my PC has emailed them saying it has a virus. Now it's 'Hello, my name is Jon (heavy Indian accent), I am calling from Windows technical department to tell you you have been downloading viruses with every time you are going on the internet and also in your email.......'

Me: 'Before you go on and try and sell me some fake software to get rid of said viruses, let me explain that I am a Microsoft Certified Professional (true), I used to run a network with over 100 end users and 5 servers so I know what I'm talking about (also true), but do you? Tell me which part of Windows technical department you work in and where are you based.....'

Click. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's apparently been on Watchdog, trying to con money out of people for fake software or software they never get. Just be aware.
lumpydog
lumpydog
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Meg
Dog(s) Ages : Sept 20th 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 79

Back to top Go down

Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department.... Empty Re: Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department....

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:05

Thanks for that you have to be so careful  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department.... Empty Re: Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department....

Post by ColinW Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:05

Yeah used to get them before. Let them waffle on lol then i tell them they are liars and should be ashamed of what they do and then tell them f off. Got a whistle as well just in case they don't get message, Bloody vultures.
ColinW
ColinW

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Iza
Dog(s) Ages : 1.8 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 633

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:23

Love your answer  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:30

As soon as they start this sort of waffle I just put the handset to one side and pick it up 15 mins later to see if they are still there  Laughing 

Once had a call from someone saying they were from the company I work for.. Couldn't believe that he actually argued with me when I told him he was a scammer.. Damn cheek  at wits end 

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Hello, I am calling from Windows technical department.... B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02 2014, 18:04

We've had this before in work Surprised I just do the same place the phone on the side til they get fed up giggle but some people fall for it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 02 2014, 19:12

we had a few of these also

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flowerbud Wed Jul 02 2014, 20:28

Used to get lots from Microsoft. Sad
flowerbud
flowerbud

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 03 2014, 10:07

My hubby would give a similar reply to you as he is a Cisco Certified Network Associate  Cool 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down