jumping up and humping friends

2 posters

Go down

jumping up and humping friends Empty jumping up and humping friends

Post by sassylee Wed May 21 2014, 06:04

Hi There im new to here just wanted to say hi Smile

I have a lovely 1 year old staffy who is absolutely fine with me, but any of my friends that come over he goes a bit crazy for like 10 minutes now yes I understand he is excited but what im not liking is that he is trying to hump them?
My mum went over to my house today and shes great with dogs let him in and had a play and he was continuously trying to hump her even when her back was turned to him? He is not neutered, but mum thinks he should as this should help? I understand when new people come over its all very exciting and when people come over I wait to let him in, my friends are all good I just tell them to turn there back to him and ignore him when he jumps up but... now wen they turn there back he tries to hump them! Just a bit worried as im going away soon and have a housesitter coming to stay and just want him to be ok.

In all other aspects hes the most friendliest happiest dog you could meet, and is normally cool calm and collected Smile
sassylee
sassylee
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Angus
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

jumping up and humping friends Empty Re: jumping up and humping friends

Post by Rachel33 Wed May 21 2014, 07:32

Hey! Bless him lol! Does he only hump when he's excited or at other times too? My bitch does this.. She's spayed, it's just her way of releasing energy/tension when she's very excited, so not a sexual behaviour for her. If she mounts anyone I have them tell her "no" and ask her for a sit and then give her the attention. It's usually more effective to train guests to train your dogs. Staffies generally tend to LOVE people, just need some boundaries and obedience work put in around greetings as they don't always realise their strength!
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by sassylee Wed May 21 2014, 07:39

Hi Rachael, Thanks for the reply  Smile Yes its just as soon as someone new comes over does his usual couple of laps on the lounge then jumps to say hi he does stop eventually Smile I agree it is much easier to train your guests Smile We are still in training and he is genuinely well behaved except for that Sad 
sassylee
sassylee

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Angus
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21 2014, 08:34

Totally agree with rach, ask all guests to behave in the same manner, he'll soon learn xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down