Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane

+4
Rachel33
debs0109
Sazzle
Vicki29
8 posters

Go down

Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane Empty Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane

Post by Vicki29 Sun May 11 2014, 15:00

Hi everyone ,

Feeling rather peeved and just after some moral support. Over the last couple of days I've come across some total morons. Yesterday I was walking my lovely boy who's 16 months and we passed a man with one of those terrier dogs that look like a sheep (can't think what they are called). He was mouthing off and we said he's friendly and he said "well that's what the last person that had one of those said and it cost. £450 in vets fees!". And then today my pathetic uncle said that all staffie owners say they are nice until they change! This attitude is totally making me nervous to take him out eventhough he's got a really lovely nature. We take him to a dog park nearby and it's never him caught up in drama. He's so sociable and loves playing with other dogs.

Vicki29
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jerry
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane Empty Re: Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane

Post by Sazzle Sun May 11 2014, 15:43

Try not to let it get to you, we all come across this ignorance from time to time  Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane 3198918699 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane Empty Re: Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane

Post by debs0109 Sun May 11 2014, 16:41

I'm quite lucky where I live, I have only ever had 2 negative comments since I got Mia and she is coming up for 2 years old. And yes it is annoying  angry 
debs0109
debs0109
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : MIA
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 7 months
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun May 11 2014, 16:50

Your best bet is to PROVE them wrong by bringing up a well trained and controlled dog Smile stick with his commands/don't allow him to run up to random dogs or people/clean up his mess and socialize him.

If you continue to get harassed then that's really a problem with them, not you. The media creates sheep, but unfortunately irresponsible owners back up their views of our wonderful breed.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie1 Sun May 11 2014, 17:12

I have to say we are lucky we hardly ever get any bad comments.  We get lots of people who come over and say how much they like staffies.

When I was at agility last night I was talking to some one  who said she had met a staffy at another agility.  And it had all it leather harness on and she said she was scarred of It.  But that it was friendly with her and her dog.  So at least there are people who are willing to learn that the bad reputation staffy have is just that.

Last edited by Maggie1 on Mon May 12 2014, 17:59; edited 3 times in total
Maggie1
Maggie1
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sun May 11 2014, 17:26

I too have suffered this ignorance  Sad 

As Rach says, the best way is to PROVE them wrong. Me and Flo take great pleasure in doing this  Big Grin  it may be one person at a time but they always leave us with a different perspective of our wonderful breed.

If you get this type of ignorance, I always reply politefully but if that fails I just ask them if they really do believe all that they read in the tabloids  Rolling Eyes

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Ignorant Idiots are Driving me Insane B110
-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 12 2014, 08:41

Just ignore them and if they make a sly comment don't react. If you are polite (even thought you wan't to knock their block off!) it gives a good impression of Staffies and their owners  biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by peppapig13 Mon May 12 2014, 11:10

I've had lots of this too, a vet nurse even said to me yesterday 'I don't like staffies but I like yours'. Sadly like everyone else has said all we can do is rise above it and prove them wrong. Like people all dogs are different regardless of breed, in my opinion its like saying all muslims are terrorists or all hoodie wearer's are going to mug you and beat you up (my husband thinks I'm a nutter for saying that haha). If people actually bothered to get to know the breed they'd realise how fab our dogs are!
peppapig13
peppapig13
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Peppa
Dog(s) Ages : 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Mon May 12 2014, 20:18

I think it's a phase everyone who has a Staffy has to go through. There comes a point when you stop noticing/caring.

Unfortunately, you do have to go through it though. And it can really hurt your feelings.

Love to see some pics of your boy.
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down