What u think of Chappie dog food

+2
janey
moy24
6 posters

Go down

What u think of Chappie dog food  Empty What u think of Chappie dog food

Post by moy24 Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:12

What do you all think of chappie dog food my vet recomends but they dont always no what they are talking about lol.
moy24
moy24
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : SHADOW
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What u think of Chappie dog food  Empty Re: What u think of Chappie dog food

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:22

Chappie isnt a very good food to be honest but weirdly is supposed to be good for dogs with sensitive tums?! x

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:23

I heard that too, cause its soo bland, heres some reccomendations if you where interested

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations?highlight=dry+food
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:25

moy24 wrote:What do you all think of chappie dog food my vet recomends but they dont always no what they are talking about lol.
Yea thats what i was told buy the vets they said it's better then what people think i was told just coz its cheap it doesnt mean it aint any good.
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:28

janey wrote:I heard that too, cause its soo bland, heres some reccomendations if you where interested

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t598-dry-food-recommendations?highlight=dry+food
Hi thanks for the link i have seen it befor the thing is my dog hates james beloved he always eats pero dog food mixed with nature diet or tripe. but had checked out at the vets for a routein check up and they told me to feed chappie as it meant to be good.
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:33

my dog has a strong smell on his body n bed smells like he has done wee on the bed or something but he is house trianed its realy strong and stinks bad trust me it aint normal smell when i come home after i been out soon as i open the doors u can just smell him the house stinks lol has any1 had any problem like this with your dog.
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 13:14

moy24 wrote:
janey wrote:I heard that too, cause its soo bland, heres some reccomendations if you where interested

Hi thanks for the link i have seen it befor the thing is my dog hates james beloved he always eats pero dog food mixed with nature diet or tripe. but had checked out at the vets for a routein check up and they told me to feed chappie as it meant to be good.
i would defo stick to what he's on now, chappie is cheap yes and it does show in the quality of the food im affraid x

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Jun 01 2011, 13:24

A lot of rescues feed chappie because its cheap and suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Its probably the best of all the economy budget brands.
I can't stand the smell of the tins though-fish slurry urgh! I mix a bit of the dry chappie with Romeo's james wellbeloved.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 13:32

shakespearesdog wrote:A lot of rescues feed chappie because its cheap and suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Its probably the best of all the economy budget brands.
I can't stand the smell of the tins though-fish slurry urgh! I mix a bit of the dry chappie with Romeo's james wellbeloved.
Yea your right i no alot of rescues (including mine) and kennels which feed chappie mainly beacause its cheap and yes because dogs with sensitive tums seem to get along with it. I would normally reccommend tho to buy the best u can in your buget, if thats chappie then fine but if u can afford better than buy it! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 22:34

moy24 wrote:my dog has a strong smell on his body n bed smells like he has done wee on the bed or something but he is house trianed its realy strong and stinks bad trust me it aint normal smell when i come home after i been out soon as i open the doors u can just smell him the house stinks lol has any1 had any problem like this with your dog.

It could be his food, or he may have accidentally peed on his bed, maybe when he was asleep? A male's pee smells SO much worse than a female's!

I'd wash his bedding with a biological washing powder, making sure that everything is rinsed really well (if necessary give it an extra machine rinse). If the smell persists, you may need to ask the vet to give him a little check, as it could be an infection.

Back to top Go down

Post by moy24 Thu Jun 02 2011, 07:28

Caryll wrote:
moy24 wrote:my dog has a strong smell on his body n bed smells like he has done wee on the bed or something but he is house trianed its realy strong and stinks bad trust me it aint normal smell when i come home after i been out soon as i open the doors u can just smell him the house stinks lol has any1 had any problem like this with your dog.

It could be his food, or he may have accidentally peed on his bed, maybe when he was asleep? A male's pee smells SO much worse than a female's!

I'd wash his bedding with a biological washing powder, making sure that everything is rinsed really well (if necessary give it an extra machine rinse). If the smell persists, you may need to ask the vet to give him a little check, as it could be an infection.
i have cleaned the bed im going to the vets on tuesday so il get him checked thanks
moy24
moy24

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Thu Jun 02 2011, 07:39

yeh1 of my dogs is just out the vets , when i couldnt get her to eat and the vet could i asked what they were feeding her , and to my surprise they said chappie . which i did notice wasn't included in the bill ...... how nice of them lmao
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Jun 02 2011, 07:58

My neighbour feed her staffy on it, he's 5 months the same as bruno and he hardly eats, personally i think it is because she is feeding him chappie but he also get fed on bakers puppy biscuit.And this is someone who suppose to know about all about staffy's as she had one before, personally i think she know nothing lol

But take a look at the link Janey has put up for you Smile
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Jun 03 2011, 12:58

I wouldnt feed chappie to my dogs as a complete diet, its not very good nurtitionally but it is very bland and I use it if one of mine has an upset stomach. Full of grain though.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com