Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!

+5
loulabellec
chez
janey
Deverill
xmariellx
9 posters

Go down

Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!  Empty Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!

Post by xmariellx Tue May 31 2011, 12:55

Just got back from a lovely 2 hour walk with Cody and my son trying to get her to go toilet outside so spending as much time as possible outside

It was all going really, well she had met a few new friends on the way, untill we got into town, to be honest i think Cody was a bit overwhelemed with all the new sights, sounds and smells!

As we were walking through the town Cody started pulling on her lead trying to play with a pidgeon Rolling Eyes ( She seems to have a thing for birds and anything floating in the wind! ) when some woman walking past with her kids said "That dogs trying to attack me!"
Now cody was not really near the woman she was atleast a metre away from her at the time and more interested in the pidgeon and open butchers shop that i doubt she even acknowleged the woman.
But nevertheless i called her and she came back to my side to carry on our walk, my son even bent down and gave Cody a cuddle

In all the time Codys been with us we have had nothing but positive comments and gosh does she love all the attention! Smile

Im really hoping we dont have to get used to this kind of thing Sad right now cody and my son are cuddled up asleep on the sofa together think i may have tired them out a bit!

Has anyone else got these kind of comments ?

xmariellx
xmariellx
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!  Empty Re: Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!

Post by Deverill Tue May 31 2011, 13:03

I never used to get comments as such but I would get people cross the road or give us a wide birth with my last staffy.

Some people are just scared of them.

Deverill
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tizzy

Back to top Go down

Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!  Empty Re: Cody accused of wanting to "attack" someone on her walk!

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 13:23

there are plenty of idiots out there who have no idea about dogs...she is obviously one of them! I have had some crazy comments over the years with Jethro... there he is all grey and subdued, waiting for his mummy and tied up outside a shop and people comment about a vicious dog as they walk past! hopefully you will never have to see her again! what a thing to say about little Cody .. I mean she is a 7 month old puppy for goodness sakes!! The woman is a twit!!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 31 2011, 13:31

What a silly women! We get the odd comment, generally that I'm walking a banned breed, and yes I do have to bite my tounge! But usually most people are very pleasent about her, although yes people do cross the road and pick up there kids! Lets just hope you don't see her again!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Tue May 31 2011, 13:33

I can understand the behavior some times and who wouldn't be a bit cautious from the things you hear. Fair enough, but that doesn't mean every dog is the SAME.

I actually find some peoples behavior very insulting!

Deverill

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 13:56

I have had people cross the road when I am with billy, or go out of the woods when we go in but nobody has said anything yet, silly woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 14:15

it's a shame stupid people! i have had a lot of comments such as i'm walking a banned breed, he should be muzzled in public, he's going to attack people etc but you just have to ignore them

Back to top Go down

Post by chez Tue May 31 2011, 14:32

when we got ace we was told by a so called friend that i was getting a child eating dog...
chez
chez
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ace
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 14:37

haha oh i got that one aswell Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by chez Tue May 31 2011, 14:40

makes ya laugh dont it! lol

chez
chez

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 15:57

chez wrote:when we got ace we was told by a so called friend that i was getting a child eating dog...

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Yeh and then they spit out the pieces, coz they taste bad phbbbbt

Some people really have no idea, the worst part is that's what she's teaching her children because of her attitude loser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 16:10

I would of called the woman over and told her how little she actually knows, A little teaching won't harm anyone, Thats what i'v started to do, when parents cross the road so do i, i strike up a random conversation while their kids are petting my lot then they realise theres no harm and the next time parents actually cross over towards me.
I was petting a cat a few days back and this woman came along and she was really shocked that my dogs where not trying to eat her kitten and were actually really friendly towards the cat, now everytime she is out and about she pops her head over the allotments and says hi etc.
Doesn't help though when Taz does try to eat her little white fluffy dog type thing. until i told her, her dog was starting it and a lesson was taught.

Back to top Go down

Post by xmariellx Wed Jun 01 2011, 08:59

Its a real shame that people are so quick to judge them! They will never have the joy of owning one when they are such loving dogs Smile
If i get anymore comments like that ill tell the person the only reason you have to be scared of my girl is if your a stick! Laughing
xmariellx
xmariellx

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01 2011, 09:03

xmariellx wrote:Its a real shame that people are so quick to judge them! They will never have the joy of owning one when they are such loving dogs Smile
If i get anymore comments like that ill tell the person the only reason you have to be scared of my girl is if your a stick! Laughing

people are quick to judge and it is such a shame they are a fantastic breed

Back to top Go down

Post by loulabellec Wed Jun 01 2011, 11:25

I'm not looking forward to this sort of thing when I start walking Peppa, but fortunately round here with it being a true muck and brass area, there are loads of staffs so I dont think it will be too bad. There is a chap who walks a lovely black and white bitch up near school and the first time I saw her I bent down to make a fuss of her and he said I was the first person in a long time who had not given them a wide berth. Of course she was clearly a dangerous and savage beast who came at me with a ferociously wagging tail and nigh on drowned me in dribble. Love Struck

loulabellec
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Deverill Wed Jun 01 2011, 12:07

People often used to say to me when I had my staff was your crazy for having one of them they are dangerous.

I would say if she's going to kill me, she's going to lick me to death. She was one hell of licky dog.

It's not the dog or breed for that matter it's the way they are taught and brought up. That was another I would say..

Deverill

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by woothenoo Wed Jun 01 2011, 17:28

We take Jess to the woods for most of her walks, she just loves it. Must say that the only problems I have had are owners who let their dogs off the lead and let them run amok.............Last week, poor Jess was set on by a pack of 4, 2 spaniels and 2 big labradors. The owner saw this and didnt call his pack away, Jess just sat and cowered, the poor wee mite was frightened, as I was! If they had touched her, I would have set on the dogs and the owner. I always had a fear of Staffies, and it took months of debate with my partner to decide that we would get one. I can only say, of all the pups/dogs I've ever known, none has been as beautiful as my Jess and I love her xx She is loving, gentle, daft as a brush and sooo loves to be around people.
woothenoo
woothenoo

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jess

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 01 2011, 18:48

woothenoo wrote: I can only say, of all the pups/dogs I've ever known, none has been as beautiful as my Jess and I love her xx She is loving, gentle, daft as a brush and sooo loves to be around people.

Awww Wendy, so true Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Thu Jun 02 2011, 00:05

that daft woman jus sounds like a complete drama queen!!

iv hada few bad expriences wiv blayde....
wen me n the O.H. went whales 4the weekend(blayds 1st holiday) we took him on a field/park place, ther was signs clearly sayin dont take ur dogs off the lead,he was on an expandlble 1.anyway a couple wer comin 2wards us wiva jack russel n anuva small 1 & they wer off the leads! so we cut across a different way 2try & avoid them n made it pretty obvious 2the owners wot we wer doin, bt they didnt care! angry so the dogs came runnin over, the j.r. lookd like it was gona go 4 blayde so my fella pikd him up n sed "put ur dogs on the lead, urs is goin 4 ours n ours has been attackd so we dont no how he will react" & the stupid woman dared 2say our dog shudnt b out cuz hes a dangerous dog!!it made me so angry angry mad

blayde isnt aggresiv 1bit & all he wants 2do is play wiv other dogs, but after us gettin attakd im 2 frightend 2let him(unless i no the dog),so if dogs come 2wards us i go the other way or i pick him up...i no i shudnt but im 2scard incase somethin happens 2him again Sad
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicollex3 Sun Jun 05 2011, 16:35

Some people are funny about it i walked tia with me mum and we seen this man n his daughter n dog so put tia on the lead n carried on walking he picked his dog up n walked the other way. We then passed him again on the way back so he told his daughter to move out the way whilst grabbing his dog to let us pass on this huge open path! Some times really makes me feel like saying somethin but think u just get used 2 it really
Nicollex3
Nicollex3

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 16:48

the comment earlier about educating is so true.ive started having discussions with people also and they are often converted when they see what a good natured dog Woody is. the best trick if they have dogs with them and they move away when they see you is to say "oh im sorry is your dog not friendly..." they will often say of course and then i say oh woody is too so thats alright then. a number of people have since apologised and admitted their opinion has not been based on fact simply bad media coverage.Woody is singlehandedly swaying the opinion of my local area!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicollex3 Sun Jun 05 2011, 16:51

Im gna try that one Smile
Nicollex3
Nicollex3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 17:08

it does actually work - they look slightly shame faced too

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicollex3 Sun Jun 05 2011, 17:13

I could imagine it too haha they soon would have to walk past soon as u said that
Nicollex3
Nicollex3

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05 2011, 22:27

chez wrote:when we got ace we was told by a so called friend that i was getting a child eating dog...

So, how many children has he eaten so far? Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by fourstaffs Thu Jun 09 2011, 04:32

i get comments from time to time
one women hit bella with a pice of wood cus she siad she was geting redy to strike at her she was eating some grass on a 3 foot lead and harrnes ????????? madness

fourstaffs
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : william,harry,gorgie,bella
Dog Gender(s) : malex3,female

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Fri Jun 10 2011, 13:19

fourstaffs wrote:i get comments from time to time
one women hit bella with a pice of wood cus she siad she was geting redy to strike at her she was eating some grass on a 3 foot lead and harrnes ????????? madness

Surprised OMG that is so bad!!! dunno wot id do if somebody hit blayde with anythin, well i do but id rather not say! some ppl r soo stupid, gard it makes me so mad!! f***** idots!! angry
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10 2011, 13:45

nicolalouises wrote:the comment earlier about educating is so true.ive started having discussions with people also and they are often converted when they see what a good natured dog Woody is. the best trick if they have dogs with them and they move away when they see you is to say "oh im sorry is your dog not friendly..." they will often say of course and then i say oh woody is too so thats alright then. a number of people have since apologised and admitted their opinion has not been based on fact simply bad media coverage.Woody is singlehandedly swaying the opinion of my local area!

...and why wouldn't you Woody.. you gorgeous hunk you !! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down