Bruno311210
janey
burties35
bobs
9 posters

Go down

dangerous owners Empty dangerous owners

Post by bobs Tue May 24 2011, 16:48

We took Sophie out this morning as usual to a nearby country park for her morning excercise. Halfway round for the second time we saw three dogs.

Husky type's offlead, no collars. Sophie is very good with other dogs and wants to make friends but we were cautious as we could not see the owner. These dogs saw Sophie and came bounding over. We picked Sophie up as we did not trust these dogs to have an owner as we could not see anyone else around.

They circled us and Sophie was getting fretful when we heard the owner call out to his dogs. They ignored his calls and continued to circle being quite confrontational. When he appeared about 2 minutes after the dogs had shown more than a healthy interest in Sophie, and we had tried to shoo them away but they refused to go

The owner of the dogs was hostile and said they don't f*****g bite. We told him Sophie was getting fretful as she is only a pup to which he replied take the f******g dog somewhere else don't come up here and walked off with his pack.

We go to this park most days which is owned by the City Council and meet many dog owners and have never had any problems before, this person was so arrogant and had no control over his dogs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

dangerous owners Empty Re: dangerous owners

Post by burties35 Tue May 24 2011, 16:54

What a horrible man and experience. Don't know what to suggest but what a total....****** of a dog owner.
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
dangerous owners Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 24 2011, 16:59

What an absolute prat, but you get them everywhere, just keep your eyes peeled for him in the future and stay well clear, or just tell him where to go, in the politest possialbe way of course Wink
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Tue May 24 2011, 17:22

aawwww bless Sophie that can't have been nice for you or Sophie. As for the owner of the dogs, well i don't think he should have them,don't seem to have much control over them, as janey says just watch out for them and then i would personal walk same place but opposite of what he's walking if he's down there next time.

What a horrible experience for you all xx
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Tue May 24 2011, 18:01

If it was me who met that guy, I would of gave him a piece of my mind. I had a similar situation when a guy was walking his German Shephard off his lead, he ran over to Poppy and started growling and barking at her, she tried to runaway, clearly scared so I asked the guy to put the his dog on a lead or hold his collar while I walk away but he refused because to him it was only 'playing and he wont bite' which clearly wasnt. And I asked him again, nicely to put him on the lead but he said 'are you f*cking deaf? i said he's only playing, he wont bite' so I gave him a piece of my mind, and he quickly put him on the lead.

Noone scares my little girl!
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
dangerous owners Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 18:09

citybeatx wrote:If it was me who met that guy, I would of gave him a piece of my mind. I had a similar situation when a guy was walking his German Shephard off his lead, he ran over to Poppy and started growling and barking at her, she tried to runaway, clearly scared so I asked the guy to put the his dog on a lead or hold his collar while I walk away but he refused because to him it was only 'playing and he wont bite' which clearly wasnt. And I asked him again, nicely to put him on the lead but he said 'are you f*cking deaf? i said he's only playing, he wont bite' so I gave him a piece of my mind, and he quickly put him on the lead.

Noone scares my little girl!

So glad I'm not the only one who will not tolerate this moron behaviour from other irresponsible dog owners, well said thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 18:30

the only problem with confronting morons like this is the repercussions they may bring. im a big coward but as a lone woman it can be really intimidating with a neanderthal knuckle dragger mouthing off at you. i would usually think afterwards about what i should have said but wouldnt have the courage to say it to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 19:22

nicolalouises wrote:the only problem with confronting morons like this is the repercussions they may bring. im a big coward but as a lone woman it can be really intimidating with a neanderthal knuckle dragger mouthing off at you. i would usually think afterwards about what i should have said but wouldnt have the courage to say it to them.

same here

why don't you go for a walk at a different time, that's what we do with billy at 9.30an where we walk there is a chocolate lab who for some reason hates billy and goes for him, so me and my hubby just go at lunch time instead

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 20:34

I suppose what you could come back with if you see him again, is "Did you know that you're breaking the law by not having a collar and tag on your dogs?" then if he gets mouthy again, tell him you'll report him to the local dog warden.

It might not do any good, but you never know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrby Tue May 24 2011, 20:56

bobs wrote:

If any of the reasonable advice given above doesn't suit you, you could always pop him in the chops.

I have no pity or time for a**h***s. Of course, I doubt I personally would do this, as I'm not a huge fan of assault charges, but it's always an option if reasoning doesn't work out.

However, Caryll's advice is more like what I would do. Inform him that if he's belligerent, or you find his dogs making threatening postures, that you plan on reporting him for breaking the law. Then walk away before he starts arguing again.
Kerrby
Kerrby
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Voodoo
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Crawler Tue May 24 2011, 21:26

I hate seeing these posts almost every day. We need some kind of standard response for these loosers.
Anyone got an idea of exactly what we can say to them?
Also, I think it would be a good idea to take a camera that can take videos with sound. Also, maybe a notepad and 2 pens (in case 1 stops working Laughing ). That way, if you need to report the owner, then you will have proof.
Also, if he sees that you are taking pictures of their dog, just say, 'Its evidence for the dog warden and police.' I'm sure they will soon back down.
Night Crawler
Night Crawler

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Prince & Star
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 22:09

Night Crawler wrote:Also, I think it would be a good idea to take a camera that can take videos with sound. Also, maybe a notepad and 2 pens (in case 1 stops working Laughing ). That way, if you need to report the owner, then you will have proof.
Also, if he sees that you are taking pictures of their dog, just say, 'Its evidence for the dog warden and police.' I'm sure they will soon back down.

I think that's a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue May 24 2011, 22:14

What an idiot you do come across some people like this on walks i had two alsations try to attack kaiser when he was a pup on his first walk and the stupid owner had no leads for them and to top it off he is on a motorised scooter as he has no legs so not sure what good hed do if they did get out of control just some idiots about u get to know who they are just try to avoid them
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Crawler Tue May 24 2011, 23:08

Thanks Caryll Smile
The thing I have a problem with. Why should we have to walk our dogs somewhere else? Why should we have to walk at different times? Why should we have to work around these idiots?
I'm gonna do a bit of research and come up with a standard letter of some sort for everyone to print off and take with them.
To be honest, this is happening too often and it shouldn't be happening at all.
Oh, I have been doing a quick bit of reading and some people have been saying, 'Take a can of pepper spray with you and spray the dog and/or the owner.' Laughing I would be tempted, but I think its illegal here. Although, I have seen some FARB-GEL that is legal. Its a semi-permanent gel dye that you spray on an attackers face. The police can then identify your attacker because he looks a funny colour.
Night Crawler
Night Crawler

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Crawler Tue May 24 2011, 23:12

Oh, I forgot to mention. Is there any chance that we can have a sticky post somewhere on the forum with local police station numbers and local dog warden numbers? I think it would be really helpful.
Just have a single post and have someone edit it every time a new number is added.
Night Crawler
Night Crawler

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24 2011, 23:34

Woah!!! what an idiot!!! .. i wouldnt of been able to help myself and given mouth back! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed May 25 2011, 00:32

I would not have been able to help myself too Id have told him to f*** off back and told him ill walk my dog anytime.
Camera sounds a good idea for next time you go there Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 00:50

bobs wrote:The owner of the dogs was hostile and said they don't f*****g bite. We told him Sophie was getting fretful as she is only a pup to which he replied take the f******g dog somewhere else don't come up here and walked off with his pack.

angry Seriously Surprised does this guy think it's his own personal dog walking area??????

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 25 2011, 09:38

Night Crawler wrote:Oh, I forgot to mention. Is there any chance that we can have a sticky post somewhere on the forum with local police station numbers and local dog warden numbers? I think it would be really helpful.
Just have a single post and have someone edit it every time a new number is added.

Good idea Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down