Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school?

+3
JStaff
Kathy
Steve
7 posters

Go down

should any religion be allow to run a school?

Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket23%Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket 23% 
[ 3 ]
Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket0%Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket 0% 
[ 0 ]
Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket77%Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Pbucket 77% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 13

Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Empty Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school?

Post by Steve Tue Feb 18 2014, 20:08

IMO all schools should be the same... religion shouldn't came into it becasue it make divisions in society

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Empty Re: Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school?

Post by Kathy Tue Feb 18 2014, 20:11

What about Sunday School ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school? Empty Re: Controversial Polls 20: should any religion be allow to run a school?

Post by Steve Tue Feb 18 2014, 20:12

i just dont think any religion should be near schools

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Tue Feb 18 2014, 22:39

Government funded no, but if it's privately funded than no issue for me.
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Post by djstratton Tue Feb 18 2014, 23:57

I went to both catholic primary and high school which were both private. What did it do? Made me see that light that religion is a joke Big Grin My daughter goes to private schools but only non religious ones. Last year they did have a term focusing on different religions which my husband told her teacher and principal that he wished she didn't take part in which was cool with them and they put her in another class to work on her math or english which was much more preferable. I personally didn't think it would've been an issue for her to do it for the term as it was covering all religions and not actually trying to brainwash them. I thought it would've been good for her but he wasn't having it  Laughing

If parents want their kids raised in a religious school, send them to one but they shouldn't expect public or private schools that don't follow religion to teach it Smile
djstratton
djstratton

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Marquez
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19 2014, 07:50

Molly's school does RE despite not being a religious school, it's compulsory and they have to sit gcse's for it too! She doesn't mind it and will form her own opinion on religion, although I'm RC I'm not practising and don't believe (personal reasons)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Mon Mar 24 2014, 11:57

I am firmly atheist, and if I had children I wouldn't send them to a religious school. I think religion is sadly still so powerful and effects life in so many ways, it's just impossible to try and change things, as long as there are other options then I'm happy. My aunty took my cousins out of RE classes and they had extra maths/english/science studies that she felt would help them more.

However, although I am not religious, I do feel that children should be aware of it, though religious studies does concern me as it's often very much leaning towards christianity only. There was a kid in my school who was jehovah's witness and the only person of this belief in our school; his parents didn't allow him in our RE classes, he just seemed so isolated from other children by his religion and I really felt for him.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsbels Tue Mar 25 2014, 20:58

Either teach no religion or teach all without bias and let the kids / young adults feel free to question, believe disbelieve as they see fit. I went to all Roman Catholic schools, I'm not religious at all and follow no particular faith. What does stick with me though was being made along with all the other girls to watch a ultrasound video of a baby being aborted. I think I was about 11, very very disturbing!!
Kelsbels
Kelsbels

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nico
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Mon Apr 07 2014, 10:38

Kelsbels wrote:What does stick with me though was being made along with all the other girls to watch a ultrasound video of a baby being aborted. I think I was about 11, very very disturbing!!

Surprised Surprised Surprised 
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelsbels Mon Apr 07 2014, 13:47

Yeah, boys all got took out to play football by one teacher and girls gotvideo  put on, sick!
Kelsbels
Kelsbels

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nico
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Support total : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn&Pete Mon Jun 30 2014, 02:03

Don't pray in our schools and we won't think in your churches. Every child should be educated in different religious beliefs but the religious should never do the teaching as their beliefs must contradict the truth. We will always have religion so we must educate to prevent bigotry early.
Pete
Lynn&Pete
Lynn&Pete
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boson
Dog(s) Ages : May 2017
Support total : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down