Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates

5 posters

Go down

Abortion poll

Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket0%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 0% 
[ 0 ]
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket6%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 6% 
[ 1 ]
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket24%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 24% 
[ 4 ]
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket65%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 65% 
[ 11 ]
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket5%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 5% 
[ 1 ]
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket0%Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Pbucket 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Empty Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates

Post by Steve Fri Apr 26 2013, 19:39

what do you think about it?

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Empty Re: Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 19:43

I put legal but not after 3 months , there are not enough reasons on there that you haven't thought about , perhaps an illness in the baby , a young schoolgirl having an accident through naivety just to name a couple

Back to top Go down

Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Empty Re: Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 19:50

I'm very much Pro Choice over this sort of thing, but I think 3 months is a long enough time to have thought about it and dealt with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 20:18

A very sensitive subject to have a poll about, but I put not after the first 3 months. There could be extenuating circumstances for abortion after the first trimester, but each case would have to be looked at individually. Whatever the stage of pregnancy, it is almost always a very hard decision for a woman to make.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:39

I think if someone is smart enough to know they won't make a good parent then they should have the choice to rectify that. I think it should only be offered once though, so its not used as a form of contraceptive. The lesson must be learned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 26 2013, 21:41

I put legal but not after 3 months, i would not like to see abortion made completely illegal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:06

I put legal until 3 months. To be 100% honest, I don't agree with abortion except in cases of rape or if the mum's life is in danger. Any other reason I think is irresponsible; if people want to be pro 'choice' then the choice should be not to have sex if they're not willing to face the possible consequences. That said, abortion's been around forever, and I think making it illegal would risk a lot of people's lives, so I think it should be legal so that it can be done properly by people who know what they're doing and without any legal consequences.

Sorry if I offend anyone by the way, I know it exists and I understand it being as other people's choice, it's just not one I, personally, agree with when people should know it's a possible consequence beforehand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:08

I wouldn't have an abortion under any circumstances, but I put only to save the life of the mother.

The thing that nobody ever touches on is what about the life of the unborn child?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:08

I wouldn't have an abortion under any circumstances, but I put only to save the life of the mother.

The thing that nobody ever touches on is what about the life of the unborn child?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:18

Well you can somewhat say that bringing a child into the world if it is unwanted and will be abused is unfair. Take for example a druggy prostitute who has a kid and let's it starve to death in a locked cage (its happened many times) wouldn't it have been in the lesser of two evils not to have been born at all?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:27

Hayley wrote:Well you can somewhat say that bringing a child into the world if it is unwanted and will be abused is unfair. Take for example a druggy prostitute who has a kid and let's it starve to death in a locked cage (its happened many times) wouldn't it have been in the lesser of two evils not to have been born at all?

What an awful thing to say! You would have the child killed instead of improving social services and getting a decent life for the child? Who's to say that the child won't go on and live a good life? Who's to say which child is going to be abused? You might as well say that every child should be aborted just in case the parents turn abusive!

It's still a child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 00:32

I'm not saying that, I'm just saying in that situation in say another country where there might not even be social services I'd rather a baby not be born tha live a life of suffering with every likelihood of dying before theyre ever reacued. I read a story about a girl who was kept in a dog crate beaten and raped everyday by her dad and mum and starved and never saw light. When she was rescued at about 15 she was blind and couldn't walk and had to be put in a mental home and drugged up to the eyeballs until she died. That's not a life. If I had the choice as that girl as to if I was born or not I would have chosen not to be born.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 01:25

yes it's killing a life, but what a girl who is raped and doesn't want kids full stop should she not be allowed the right to have an abortion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 01:55

ella wrote:yes it's killing a life, but what a girl who is raped and doesn't want kids full stop should she not be allowed the right to have an abortion?

Yeah, that's why it's one of the things I agree with it on. I don't think it'd be fair to not let someone have the right to have an abortion when it's a situation that was entirely out of their control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 02:28

I can't stand those who use abortion as a way of birth control and have abortion after abortion, but an outright ban on them is unfair to those who are pregnant through no fault of their own, or the situation would be unfair to bring a child into

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Apr 27 2013, 07:32

I have said "Abortion should be legal for any reason but not after the first three months of pregnancy," however, I do strongly believe that circumstances vary from person to person and I would never want abortion to be completely illegal.

Contraceptives are never 100% effective, and as far as I'm concerned if you've done everything correctly to prevent yourself from getting pregnant, but your contraception has failed you have every right to choose to have an abortion if you're not in the right circumstances to raise a child. A very good friend of mine was using the coil as a contraception method with her partner of 3 years, she fell pregnant, but as she was using the coil she didn't suspect anything and didn't find out until she was just before the 3 month mark. Imagine if that was a few weeks later, she's in no position to raise a child and it wouldn't be fair for that child to grow up not being provided for correctly, it broke her heart but she did the right thing by herself, and her unborn child.

People that use abortion as contraception are vile human beings though, I entirely agree.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 19:35

Caryll wrote:The thing that nobody ever touches on is what about the life of the unborn child?

This is the question that exercises me too. Which is why I voted for up to 3 months gestation only, by which time most pregnant women would realise that they are pregnant and can make the decision as to whether they can cope or not before the potential child becomes more than a cluster of cells.

My personal dilemma comes later on in the pregnancy, when the foetus (potential baby) becomes viable ie capable of maintaining life outside the womb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 20:01

Lynda wrote: Which is why I voted for up to 3 months gestation only, by which time most pregnant women would realise that they are pregnant and can make the decision as to whether they can cope or not before the potential child becomes more than a cluster of cells.

The second a sperm fertilises an egg it becomes more than a cluster of of cells. It becomes a potential human being.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 20:30

[quote="Caryll"]
Lynda wrote:

The second a sperm fertilises an egg it becomes more than a cluster of of cells. It becomes a potential human being.

Yes I agree Caryll, it does. It's a terrible dilemma for any potential mother who finds herself pregnant and just cannot cope, for whatever reason, with bearing that particular potential child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:10

Legal up to three months for any reason and later for exceptional circumstances.
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:22

Caryll wrote:
Lynda wrote: Which is why I voted for up to 3 months gestation only, by which time most pregnant women would realise that they are pregnant and can make the decision as to whether they can cope or not before the potential child becomes more than a cluster of cells.

yes it is, but i still want to see legal abortion up to 3 months

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:37

A friend of a friend is pregnant, she is 21, and it was a mistake. She has 3 months to take a pill to terminate the pregnancy. She has to have 2 appointments first to discuss it to make sure she is certain, then they will prescribe a pill which ends the pregnancy all done at the doctors.

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:19

janey wrote:

A friend of a friend is pregnant, she is 21, and it was a mistake. She has 3 months to take a pill to terminate the pregnancy. She has to have 2 appointments first to discuss it to make sure she is certain, then they will prescribe a pill which ends the pregnancy all done at the doctors.

Good to know that checks are still in place to ensure that the mother-to-be is absolutely sure, for whatever reason, that she cannot continue with the pregnancy. An early abortion by whatever means will still be a difficult and painful time, both physically and mentally, for the mother-to-be.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:43

Yes there is support for the mother, and meetings where made so not a rash decision, and it was best for all round that it was terminated, neither party wanted a child. It was a mistake, and I feel in those circumstances then yes it was the only way.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:49

Its still illegal in ireland so most people here need to go to england, because of the cost it is usually done in one day so i don't think that the mother has much chance to talk to people. Thats why i would rather it be legal here so that the mother has more chance to decide and to back out last min if she wants. I imagine some would find it hard to back out if they have made the journey over to the mainland :/ but i wouldn't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 23:24

The rules sadden me in Ireland but it is in the forefront of the media Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 01:18

ella wrote:yes it's killing a life, but what a girl who is raped and doesn't want kids full stop should she not be allowed the right to have an abortion?

I really, really sympathise with a woman in that circumstance, but what about the child? It's still a child & you are still killing it.

janey wrote:A friend of a friend is pregnant, she is 21, and it was a mistake. She has 3 months to take a pill to terminate the pregnancy. She has to have 2 appointments first to discuss it to make sure she is certain, then they will prescribe a pill which ends the pregnancy all done at the doctors.
janey wrote:
Yes there is support for the mother, and meetings where made so not a rash decision, and it was best for all round that it was terminated, neither party wanted a child. It was a mistake, and I feel in those circumstances then yes it was the only way.

"It was a mistake". How many times have you heard that? There is no room for a 'mistake' when a human life is concerned. If you can't pay, don't play - it's as simple as that. If you then find yourself pregnant then have the child & let it be adopted by a couple who are unable, for whatever reason, to have a child naturally.

Abortion is ending the life of a child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 02:34

Caryll wrote:

I really, really sympathise with a woman in that circumstance, but what about the child? It's still a child & you are still killing it.

janey wrote:A friend of a friend is pregnant, she is 21, and it was a mistake. She has 3 months to take a pill to terminate the pregnancy. She has to have 2 appointments first to discuss it to make sure she is certain, then they will prescribe a pill which ends the pregnancy all done at the doctors.
janey wrote:

"It was a mistake". How many times have you heard that? There is no room for a 'mistake' when a human life is concerned. If you can't pay, don't play - it's as simple as that. If you then find yourself pregnant then have the child & let it be adopted by a couple who are unable, for whatever reason, to have a child naturally.

Abortion is ending the life of a child.

Agree with you on your reply to Janey's quote, people should be willing to accept the consequences if they're having sex, but...it's a pretty strong instinct/desire to ignore, so that won't happen. But when a woman's been raped and is pregnant because of it, that's not her fault, it wasn't a mistake, it wasn't irresponsibility, it was a situation entirely out of her control, and I don't think anyone should be expected to carry it inside them (possibly hating them, in a lot of cases) when she's trying to deal with the trauma of what's happened to her. That's a huge amount of stress for something she never asked for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:02

i think we need to look at the bigger picture here they country would be full of mistakes and that cant be good for any society i would dread what it would be now if it was illegal :/ people having kid with someone they hate and have to live it everyday :/

Last edited by Steve on Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:07; edited 1 time in total

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:05

baby would be getting dump left right a center, some female would be fall in a depression popping kids out left right and center with different father (i know that happens now but if think it would be worse)

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:08

True, but that's generally their own fault for being stupid. That said, even though it's their fault, it would be worse. It's bad enough as it is, plus it'd still happen, just that it'd be done illegally, and that's much worse for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:11

young female should be able to choose if they want it not becasue this is a life change event. i think it be a sad state of affair if there wasn't a choice like this we live in 2013.

4 and half months should be the limit becasue this would be a hard thing to do and the female/parents should think and think about it.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:15

Tara wrote:True, but that's generally their own fault for being stupid. That said, even though it's their fault, it would be worse. It's bad enough as it is, plus it'd still happen, just that it'd be done illegally, and that's much worse for everyone.

accident do happen and that life, becasue you have made a mistake you should have a chance of sorting it out we cant tell people what you can or cant do becasue that what dictatorship do Wink

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordmickey Thu May 30 2013, 14:55

only in cases where it was rape etc or if the mother was far from a position to care like being homeless
lordmickey
lordmickey
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Controversial Polls 18: Abortion Debates Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Murphy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down