Need advice please?!

Go down

Need advice please?! Empty Need advice please?!

Post by citybeatx Thu May 19 2011, 23:10

Right from about a week and half.. Poppie has started playing pretty rough with my other dog, Jack Russell. She also bites him when playing, and yesterday she actually laid on him so he couldn't move. I've got a feeling that she's trying to dominate because she's the bigger dog. We tell her off all the time but few hours after and she's doing it again. I'm kinda scared that she might do something to Mylo while she's playing and obviously, he's tiny and she weights 3 times what he does..

Any advice on what I could do?
Or tips on how to train her so she doesnt do this?

Thankyou!
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Need advice please?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Need advice please?! Empty Re: Need advice please?!

Post by Guest Thu May 19 2011, 23:15

She's still very young & will want to play rough.

I would advise you to supervise all play between them & step in as soon as you think it's getting too rough.

Use a specific command such as "Calm" or "Enough" and take her away for some calming down time. She'll soon learn that rough play means no play!

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Thu May 19 2011, 23:19

Caryll wrote:She's still very young & will want to play rough.

I would advise you to supervise all play between them & step in as soon as you think it's getting too rough.

Use a specific command such as "Calm" or "Enough" and take her away for some calming down time. She'll soon learn that rough play means no play!

Yeah I supervise them anyway just incase and I dont really let them play at home because both of them can get very hyper! I'm trying to teach them that they both gotta earn their play time and its only out when they go for long walks. And I'll definately use the ''Enough'' tip next time, hopefully it will help.

Thankyou Caryll! x

Last edited by citybeatx on Thu May 19 2011, 23:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a word out)
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Need advice please?! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down