So proud of my little girl today!!!

2 posters

Go down

So proud of my little girl today!!! Empty So proud of my little girl today!!!

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 16:14

I was driving to the shops this afternoon, when I noticed a large brown dog come running out of a side street on my right and charge of down the road. Hoping it was going to turn into someone's driveway I slowed down thinking "Houdini dog what are you doing?" At that moment it decided to dart across the road and straight in front of my car, fortunately there wasn't any other cars coming the other way and I managed to stop in time. Not knowing where it was I opened my driver's window and it came running up to the door, without any warning it leapt up and straight through the fully opened window and onto my lap. worried
It was rather wet, but seemed none the worse for wear except that I was now stuck with it in the car with me. It had it's council tag on as well as an ID name tag and phone number. I didn't get any answer and had no idea where to take it as we've only just moved to this area, so I rang hubby who suggested I take it home and keep trying the number. Having two staffs at home - one old and one only just getting used to other dogs, I was pretty apprehensive and spent the 5 minutes drive trying to work out who got moved where.
I let Kita inside and held my breath while I slowly opened the roller door of the garage to allow Izzy and "INDI" meet. Izzy wasn't quite sure what to make of it and hid behind my skirt for a few minutes, silly girl. INDI growled at Izzy when she first went to sniff at her and for a while Izzy ran around with her tail between her legs. After a little longer I managed to introduce them and Izzy's tail slowly began to wag again and they had a bit of a run around the back yard. I took a photo of them together (couldn't resist it, see below). hee hee
The owners have now picked their dog up and I think Izzys' pleased to have her own yard back, I was so proud of her for being such a good girl and not being territorial or aggressive toward it.
Whoever says Staffys are aggressive dogs just doesn't know staffs. Love Struck

So proud of my little girl today!!! P1010891

Back to top Go down

So proud of my little girl today!!! Empty Re: So proud of my little girl today!!!

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 16:36

aww she is such a friendly gal !!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

So proud of my little girl today!!! Empty Re: So proud of my little girl today!!!

Post by janey Mon May 16 2011, 16:40

Thank god you had the sense to stop and keep a eye out for Indi! What a good girl Izzy was! star
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade2008 Mon May 16 2011, 16:50

aww she seem a very brave girl Smile
Blade2008
Blade2008
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blade
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 16:52

I always want to stop when I see a dog running the streets as it freaks me out so much!! I did stop one other time and it distressed me so much that I couldn't get the dog to stop running and it really looked neglected and in need of attention. My friend stopped and managed to get a runaway into her car and take it to her vet once, but she did get bitten for her trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon May 16 2011, 17:01

Do you get lots of stray dogs there?? Its only happened to me once, there was a robbery in the town and they had used a Rotti as a decoy, (quite how I don't know I found that out after) I was walking into work at this massive junction and this dog just ran out into the road. I stopped the traffic and started off after this dog, didn't even think twice about getting bitten. Well long story short, I couldn't get the dog, it was so nervous and kept backing off, it then legged it and I couldn't keep up. I reported it to the vets which is along the road and the police etc. I did eventually hear that the dog had already been hit by a car before I found it and its leg was so bad it had to be pts, it didn't have owners. Poor thing, and all that cause some twerps used it in a robbery!

Sorry to go on lol
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 17:15

No Janey I don't think there are many stay dogs, I just think some owners don't realise how high their dogs can jump or how determined some dogs are at getting out.
The owners of INDI were putting in some concrete edging along their fence as she had already dug out to their neigbours. INDI was actually at the lady's mum's house who has relatively high fences, but the way she just leapt up through my window without a moments hesitation astounded me. I have a Nissan X Trail (not sure if they have them over in England), so it's not your average height car window. When they came and picked her up she again leapt up into their much larger 4WD straight through the window. She's probably been encouraged to jump up to get in the car (or window thumbs down ) and they haven't realised the problems that can lead to. I make sure there is never anything left next to a fence or the like as I know how high a determined dog will jump to get out.

BTW, I've probably been driving as long as you have been alive, so that could be why I've seen more runaways.
rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 17:32

awwww! =D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down