Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *

+2
Aniemother
Lisa & Kuta
6 posters

Go down

Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Empty Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri May 13 2011, 02:54

So, I just called my OH and he has picked up Brutus from the pound and he is now back home with Kuta. OH said he was a little distant at first, to be expected I guess seeing as he has been locked up at the pound for over a week. But hopefully, he will settle down in a few hours and be back to his loving self. I can't wait to get home to see him, today is going to go soooo slowly ahhh.
I am going to feel terrible having to take him back to that horrible place next week for his health tests, he is not going to want to go thats for sure. But at least when we get him back from that, his chip and rego details will be in our name so the owners can't try to take him back it they do turn up.

Any ideas on how to settle him if he doesn't return to normal? OH said his personality has changed a little in the week he has been away from us. I hope that will only be an ajustment thing though coz he had such a beautiful nature. If anyone has any good tips for settling a rescue dog though it would be greatly appreciated Big Grin

Last edited by Lisa & Kuta on Fri May 13 2011, 09:40; edited 1 time in total
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Empty Re: Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 06:56

Yay....fantastic news thumbs up

Ohhhh...so many questions
So, does this mean that he is "officially" yours now?????
His name "BRUTUS" Is this what you decided to call him or the name on his micro-chip?
Last but not least.....Where's the photo's ??
Laughing

Back to top Go down

Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Empty Re: Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri May 13 2011, 07:20

Will get some pics up over the weekend, promise.
Brutus is the name my OH gave him when he was with us last week, it suits him. The name on his chip is Toby, but he didn't really respond to it which makes me think the chip is old and he has been with other owners under a different name for a while.
He will get use to Brutus I think.
He is not 'officially ours' until the chip is changed over next Thursday, we are fostering him at the moment. But, we wanted to fosted him last week until the owners came forward but they wouldn't let us. They had to keep him a min 5 days in case the owners came forward. Seeing as they haven't, we have put in to adopt him perminantly. They can't fit him in for his desexing and health checks until next Thursday. This is when they will change his chip over to us, and he will be officially ours.
We would be very unlucky if the owners were to come forward now, as they haven't in 2 weeks. I still won't rest until that chip has our details though lol.
Sorry to bore you all with all the details Wink
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Fri May 13 2011, 07:51

Aww.. I'm glad he's home. If the trips to and from the shelter stresses him you could perhaps invest in a DAP diffuser to send those calming pheromones into the air? Might help him take the edge off. I'm sure he'll get back to normal once his stress levels sink (can take a few days for it to disappear completely), but he'll probably go back up again when he's returned for his de-sexing. So something like the DAP could perhaps help him relax more quickly. Poor thing.. He'll have a "happy ever after" soon, though. Sure hope those useless owners don't turn up in the last minute.
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 08:31

can't wait to see the photos, glad he is with you, and hopefully he will settle in soon

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri May 13 2011, 09:39

Ok, so I couldn't wait till the weekend, here are a few pics I took when I got home from work this afternoon. It is so good to see them playing together again. Looks like Brutus is going to be fine, only took a few hours to settle down after coming home.

Kuta and Brutus playing tug of war - Kuta is the fat one on the right lol
Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Brutus10

Brutus after a belly full of beef & chicken mince - notice the blury tail from wagging so fast
Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Brutus11

Kuta, also after a feed - he needs to go on a diet I think
Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Kuta10

Thanks for looking, I will post some more next week after I go crazy on the weekend with the camera Laughing
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 13 2011, 09:42

Made up for you, and roll on Thursday so he is officially yours Big Grin I think he will settle back down in time, just needs to get used his new loving home Smile and by the pics they look to be doing fine Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 10:53

Wonderful news, I bet he's just as happy to be with you again, as you are to have him back!

Roll on next thursday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 11:06

congrats and lovely pics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 11:17

So glad you can spend the weekend with him, I'm sure he'll settle. Your pics are gorgeous, both of them have such beautiful faces and definitely look like bros. How could anyone turn their back on those big eyes that Brutus has, he just looks so thankful to be with people who care. >Big Grin<

Last edited by Dogalogs88 on Fri May 13 2011, 14:11; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 12:12

They're both gorgeous dogs and it is amazing how similar they look!! Congrats on the new addition!! I'll keep you and Brutus in my thoughts till it's official on Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Fri May 13 2011, 12:16

awwww congrats, and wow, they both are gorgeous looking babies. pics, pics pics plssssss (thats me impersonating janey and caryll) lol xxxxx
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 13 2011, 12:29

sooz225 wrote:awwww congrats, and wow, they both are gorgeous looking babies. pics, pics pics plssssss (thats me impersonating janey and caryll) lol xxxxx

Laughing but so true x Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 12:57

Awww, the pics are great. They both look fantastic.
Roll on next Thursday Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 14:22

Gorgeous picture its shame he has to go back to those kennels though isn't there a way you could take him to the shelters vets practice yourself do everything that is needed then give the shelter proof then take him home.

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Fri May 13 2011, 14:47

Aw they are both gorgeous. Please give them both a hug from me. Big Grin
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Brutus & Kuta are back together again * pics added *  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 16:49

oh its so nice to see them back together. next week is going to bring such a hapy ending to this sad tale

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri May 13 2011, 17:03

Oooow! I cant see them :'(
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 19:56

Awww I am so glad they are back together xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down