Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-(

5 posters

Go down

Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-( Empty Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-(

Post by Lisa & Kuta Tue May 17 2011, 08:04

So, I have to take him back in tomorrow at 2pm to get all the paperwork signed over to us. He then has to stay there till Saturday while they do all the health checks and desex him. I am going to feel so bad dropping him off, he is going to hate me. I don't think they take that great a care of them out there, we we picked him up last week he was in a worse condition than when we dropped him off. He was that skinny his back bone was sticking up, he looks much better now but who knows how he will be treated over the next 3 days. Unfortunately, we don't have a choice though coz they will not let us take him elsewhere.
He had a few health issues I hope they look at though, especially if we have to pay full price ($320AUD) to adopt him. He has a lump on his front leg that we are concerned about, I think it will be fine as it is soft so it should only need a drain. He also has a limp with his back leg, I think it is due to arthritis coz he is an older dog. I have had him on some tasty chews that are meant to ease arthritis, not sure how good they are though. My OH seems to think once he puts on some weight and gets some good excersice though, he will come good. He doesn't have much meat on his hips so its no wonder he limps a bit.
I don't want to sound harsh, but I don't want to pay all that money if we only need to spend another thousand later on to get everything checked. If we are adopting him, surely they will have to make him 100% healthy right?
I will chuck a tantrum if they charge me full price and don't treat him for everything thats for sure.
Anyway, will keep you posted on how he goes and when we get him back for good on the weekend Big Grin
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-( Empty Re: Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-(

Post by Guest Tue May 17 2011, 09:05

Oh I saw you title and thought OH NO Crying or Very sad
I don't have any experience with how the pound operates in regards to ensuring his health is A1, but I'm sure they would have to address all the acute issues like the lump on his leg. Not knowing how he has been treated in the past doesn't help alleviate your fears I'm sure, can you check with the state RSPCA as to the responsibilities the pound has to adhere to in this situation? Kita our 14yr old has arthritis in her back legs and a "nerve issue" that makes her lose her balance and or unable to weight bear when she first gets up in the morning, I try and give her as much time as she needs to get going, don't let her jump down off anything, keep her bed off the floor etc and ensure she has a healthy diet. At this stage I haven't had to put her on any medication as she doesn't seem in pain, we also have a limited walking circuit and one of us takes Izzy the long way around to the park and Kita gets the short version. I suppose you need to fatten Brutus up a bit before you even have to start thinking about watching his weight Laughing (as being overweight is not good for arthritic dogs).
Try not to get too upset tomorrow and remember we're here during your separation from him, hope all goes well. >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-( Empty Re: Brutus goes back to the pound tomorrow :-(

Post by Guest Tue May 17 2011, 09:56

Jethro has a half to 3 quarters of a teaspoon of green mussel powder for his arthritis on his food daily.. ..it has helped him alot. ( mind you he has the honkiest breath !! ) Might be worth a try.. I swear by it!

hope all goes well for you.. XX

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 17 2011, 15:55

I don't know how it works where you are, but wishing you all the best, its only 3 days so lets hope know harm comes to Brutus, and that his health checks all come back fine. He'll be back with you in know time and his life can re-start a fresh x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17 2011, 16:37

vanessa wrote:Jethro has a half to 3 quarters of a teaspoon of green mussel powder for his arthritis on his food daily.. ..it has helped him alot. ( mind you he has the honkiest breath !! ) Might be worth a try.. I swear by it!

hope all goes well for you.. XX

Thanks for the tip Vanessa, I'll look into this idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine's mum Tue May 17 2011, 19:41

Fingers (and paws) crossed everything goes ok, wont be long and then he'll be back with you Smile
Jasmine's mum
Jasmine's mum

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Jasmine
Dog(s) Ages : 3 1/2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue May 17 2011, 21:51

Aww least his not there to long and he will be so excited when you come to pick him up again poor man
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue May 17 2011, 22:05

Yes your in a better position this time though as you know he is definatly coming home so chin up.
I would point out all the things your concerned about and its no wonder that rescues are full there are people out there who would adopt but cant raise the money I think thats quite steep. Here in the uk its about £125 to adopt ,neutered, microchipped and clean bill of health Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18 2011, 08:45

wont be long it will pass so quick

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down