how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet?

3 posters

Go down

how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet? Empty how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet?

Post by Dan-Stella Thu Dec 19 2013, 09:53

Hello Casper has just had his first jabs and having his 2nd jabs in 3 weeks, I want to take him out for fresh air and to have a sniff around, the vet said to take him out and getting him used to the world and new things but how can I if his not allowed out yet? Unless I just carry him round... Thanks
Dan-Stella
Dan-Stella
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Stella
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet? Empty Re: how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 10:06

Yeah Dan that's the idea show him round, just carry him. I took Darcy out in the car too.

Back to top Go down

how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet? Empty Re: how to take Casper out for fresh air if his not supposed to yet?

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:08

I think people are a little ocd about this to be honest. He will be fine out if he has had his first jab, just stay away from any poos and cats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 11:56

yep just carry him and let him out in your garden Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boycies_mum Thu Dec 19 2013, 18:35

Boycie has used the garden to toilet train since we had him x

Boycies_mum

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Boycie
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 19:58

Just wrap a blanket around him & carry him around. Just let him get used to the great outdoors without the risk of infection.

There's no problem letting him out in your garden as long as it's secure.

Hayley wrote:I think people are a little ocd about this to be honest. He will be fine out if he has had his first jab, just stay away from any poos and cats.

I'd rather be a little ocd than to have a nine week old pup develop distemper or parvo because I ignored the vet's advice.

An infected dog may have pooed on the pavement/grass & the owner may have picked it up - how would you know if the bugs are still there, on the ground, for your dog to pick up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 20:05

As above I did let Vin out after 1st jab but the garden is secure with no other dogs can get in. Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieStaff Thu Dec 19 2013, 20:50

Can relate! Koda is 9 weeks now and I'm hanging to take him for walks but know he's not allowed yet, so for now it's small car trips & then being held when we get out of the car, and I let him go nuts in our backyard. Reckon when he burns off some energy he'll calm down a little, maybe lol. I wouldn't risk him on the streets yet due to the risk of parvo etc., hang in there it's a short period remember Smile
AussieStaff
AussieStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Global Mod

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 15/10/13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 450

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down