Hurt leg

2 posters

Go down

Hurt leg Empty Hurt leg

Post by debtom Wed Dec 11 2013, 08:47

Hi everyone, in a bit of confusion. Caley had quite a bit of exercise yesterday, more than normal, and also had a mad spell late last night. She got up this morning and seemed fine, when she came in from garden she slipped on step since then she has a slight limp, cannot sit in a proper position se leans to one side and cannot get up on settee without help...yet she can stretch both her back legs out fine, let's me bend the leg and stretch it fully out no problem and no crying...she is looking sorry for herself but I think she knows I was worrying..still eats her treats...is this a vet job or wait and see..I worry about dislocation but surely she wouldn't be able to stretch it like she did or I did..I've checked her pads as well and they seem fine...

Any advice appreciated
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hurt leg Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Hurt leg Empty Re: Hurt leg

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11 2013, 09:00

I think it's always worth popping to the vet for a thorough check. I had a similar thing with Roxy on Monday - she'd had a mad day of play on Sunday and Monday morning and was limping after that. Even though it wasn't bothering her at all I popped her to the vet who did a good check and stretched her front legs (both shoulders made a pop) and gave her an anti inflammatory and pain killers. It's two days later and her limp has about 90% gone.

Hope Caley feels better Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Dec 11 2013, 13:03

They do have a high pain threshold so it can sometimes be best to pop to the vet, maybe just give it 24 hours?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:02

Aww no poor Caley, rest and a trip the vets to be safe, do let us no how it goes. Hurt leg 3198918699

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down