Our story - especialy lisa and kuta

3 posters

Go down

Our story - especialy lisa and kuta Empty Our story - especialy lisa and kuta

Post by ardvark Fri May 06 2011, 21:53

OMG I'm really hoping the phone is ringing your end by monday afternoon!

Our story is not intended to get your hopes up but as a positive boost for you and your family Big Grin

Just thought I'd share that Milo came from the pound too. He was found in the woods opposite to our house (yes really and meant to be huh?!) he went to the dog warden for being 'stray' and no one came forward for him. He then went to a local kennels who had the councils' contract for strays for 7 days in the hopes he was a genuine lost dog and an owner would indeed come forward.

I've been looking for a puppy or very young rescue since before christmas on and off and the week we found Milo my other 1/2 had finally been 100% about getting another dog (we had a fab rescue gentleman staff who we lost 2 1/2 years ago aged 12 1/2 so was a tough decision as we thought no dog would ever be as good!) Anyway we thought there's no way a 6 month old staff would still be there, but no we were right to hope :0) I rang the kennels as soon as they opened he was up for release that very day as no one had claimed him and so we bagged first 'see' and needless to say he came home with us there and then (wow!) We had to stop and buy everything on the way home!

I was quite suprised when we were there as there were some really beautiful and handsome dogs including a gorgeous 3 y/o staff bitch and a staff cross bitch with a litter of pups ready then and there...I daren't look, my hubby said he didn't look in any of the other kennels....softie!! We have visited a few kennels over the years and they are mostly in our experience filled with dogs with very strict rehoming needs (no kids. not left alone, no other pets etc) middle aged and older dogs who aren't usually the best looking or who have special needs etc you know what I mean I'm not being unkind here and we've rehomed the animals with 3 legs etc in the past.

The guy who ran the kennels said they've got dogs in who ARE chipped and who have come from way out of area, some only a couple counties away (we're Kent btw). I didn't ask but we figure they've not been able to make contact and those who deny who they are. Maybe vets bills need paying etc and they aren't the kind of owners we here are...the dog's are a part of our family right? Very sad indeed.

So Milo wasn't chipped, no one came for him - but luckily for him we came along Big Grin I fail to see in the majority of scenarios why anyone who 'lost' him wasn't able to find him or any dog for that matter.....had they have wanted to.

Good luck to you and your new found friend. Rooting for you here ;0)
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Our story - especialy lisa and kuta Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Our story - especialy lisa and kuta Empty Re: Our story - especialy lisa and kuta

Post by ardvark Fri May 06 2011, 21:54

Our story - especialy lisa and kuta Lovely
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Our story - especialy lisa and kuta Empty Re: Our story - especialy lisa and kuta

Post by ardvark Fri May 06 2011, 22:05

also it seems he was only about 4 months old at the time.
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 06 2011, 22:23

Well that bought a tear to the eye! Amazing story and a very happy ending. I think we are all routing for them, and if it has your ending then thats amazing. Such a special feeling of making a dog an amazing new start to life. Heads up to all, and lets hopefully be counting there blessings. xxxxxxxxx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 22:25

What a lovely story. Maybe that's the way it'll end for Lisa & Kuta, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07 2011, 00:31

Great story xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07 2011, 02:26

yes that was a great story.. I just love a happy ending !! Milo looks a gorgeous looking boy in the above photo. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat May 07 2011, 09:17

Awww thats nice and I say its there loss they didnt look for him cause if he were mine id be ringing everyone.
Some people out there just dont deserve to have a dog just glad hes happy now with you and he will never be in the situation again Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Sat May 07 2011, 10:30

you know that Gem.....fools.....he's OURS now Tongues

I just wrote in another post but we wondered if the puppy nipping (clothes really and he's a shoes and clothes thief!) was too much especially if there were really little kids etc just a thought as we can't see any reason good enough to dump him in the woods! x
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07 2011, 10:46

Some people just aren't prepared to put any effort into bringing up a pup. They want the finished, fully trained, calm adult dog from 8 weeks old! at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat May 07 2011, 16:01

With a rescue you sometimes dont know what has happened and why they came to be there and its such a shame.
I have read many a story but one springs to mind a family had there house broken into and the little 5 year old pet was stolen they did everything to try and bring him back home doglost,pics on lamposts,contacting vets, recues, reward you name it.
5 years later they got a call from a rescue centre 245 miles away saying there dog had been picked up and when they drove out there he was grey beard and everything he spent his last years with his original family happy.
They had always wondered what had happened to him but never thought he would return its suprising how things turn out and no-one ever knew were he had been. I would get your pet microchipped as you never know and you have a better chance of getting them back if picked up by someone cause 7 days is not very long to reclaim a pet
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Sat May 07 2011, 18:03

gem, funny you say that you never know if he was a stolen pup. out of area maybe....fell into the wrong kind of hands and home and like Caryll said didn't get a well behaved, fully trained adult dog at his young age!

Maybe just maybe someone out there is looking for him? I dont want to s

I loved your story and yes Milo will be chipped at the pound monday, all part of the service for a rehomed dog, didn't want him to return there until we had the all clear from the jabs Big Grin
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07 2011, 18:42

lovely story

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down