* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

+14
ardvark
debbiewaterhouse
lauren19
Ernestine
dannii
Nosipho
sooz225
Skylas-mom
youngkaiser
gem
barneynlynn
Aniemother
janey
Lisa & Kuta
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) - Page 2 Empty * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 05 2011, 09:58

First topic message reminder :

So, an update on the male staffy we found last week.
We called the pound 4 times, but no one had reported him missing (clearly they don't really care!). We put an add in the paper, but the owner did not call... a few other people did which is concerning though. Either there are a lot of staffies going missing in our area, or the people that called where involved in fighting and just trying to score a free staffy.
Anyway, today, after a week of having him, I finally had a chance to take him to the vets to get a check up. When we found him, he was covered in ticks, very thin and also has a lump on his leg that needs to be looked at. He has put on some weight, as he has been living on chicken wings and meat since last Thursday lol. But we don't know if he is on heartworm meds, guessing not tho considering the amount of ticks that were on him.
Well, as I expected they would, they checked if he was micro chipped and to my shock, he was! I know he has a home and he should be returned to his owners, but I am very upset right now as we had all grown fond of him, especially Kuta.
I am also very concerned as to the quality of home he is returning to. After the condition we found him in, I'm not sure if he will be looked after that well. And seeing as he is an old dog, I would have loved to give him a great home to spend his last years.
I was very upset at the vets today, I wanted them to pass my details on to the owner so they could contact me to collect him, but they would not let me take him home. Kuta and my OH did not get a chance to say goodbye to him. Actually, when I returned home, Kuta was running around looking for him. They got along so well so it will be hard on him I think.
I am hopeing and praying that the owners no londer want him and we get a call tomorrow to come pick him up. It would be the best birthday pressie ever (I am turning 30 tomorrow eeshk!) I also hope that the vet gives him a good going over before they hand him over. If there is a bill for him, the owner may not want to pay it and just leave him. I will be more than happy to pay for him, which is why I took him in in the first place.
I may be totally wrong, he may have a loving home which would be great and I would love to keep in touch with them. But why would they have not been looking for him after a whole week. One would think they would have called the pound at least to report him missing, I know I would if it were my dog.
Anyway, thought I would let you all know what is going on. Fingers all crossed we get get a call saying he is ours praying

Last edited by Lisa & Kuta on Thu May 12 2011, 07:45; edited 3 times in total
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by dannii Thu May 12 2011, 09:47

aww fantastic news so happy it all worked out in the end and like janey said lots of piccy's xxx
dannii
dannii
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Shay and Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) - Page 2 Empty Re: * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by Bruno311210 Thu May 12 2011, 10:00

Aawww Thats Brillant News thumbs up
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 10:46

<:-P bounce Brilliant news! So pleased for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Thu May 12 2011, 12:49

Awww Lisa I am made up for you been checking the thread daily to see if you have updated lol. Bet you cant wait to see him again as everyone has said we would like loads of pics of the new addition and Kuta of course. I am glad it all worked out for you congrats on your new family member and congrats on the rescue applause
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 12:50

Tys mummy wrote:Awww Lisa I am made up for you been checking the thread daily to see if you have updated lol. Bet you cant wait to see him again as everyone has said we would like loads of pics of the new addition and Kuta of course. I am glad it all worked out for you congrats on your new family member and congrats on the rescue applause

As Elishia says.....................PICS, PICS & MORE PICS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Thu May 12 2011, 14:28

Yaaayyy!!!!! That's awesome awesome news! bounce applause bounce

So you're into the "home straight" now, as they say. Almost there. This is going to be the LONGEST few days ever!! But hang in there, it'll all be behind you soon. Concentrate on making sure you have his own special bed and toys and treats and things in the meantime. Big Grin

And post pics as soon as you can, we want to see PICS!!
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 15:06

Caryll wrote: <:-P bounce Brilliant news! So pleased for you!

Ditto from me thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 15:11

I am really pleased for you and he'll be going to a fantastic home and have a new brother to rough house with. I hate being the bringer of bad news but just bare in mind he has been in the shelter and may act differently when it comes to your boy, alot of noise alot of bad energy coming from dogs in there with anxiety issues and other issues that have yet to be addressed. I'm sure all will be fine i just wanted to let you know it may not a the great reunion as it was before. I don't think there will be anything really bad but he may be just a little more on the timid side if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 15:40

wow what wonderful news!!

if he does have a bit of anxiety, remember the rescue remedy drops! Big Grin

I am so happy for you all!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharleen&Tank Thu May 12 2011, 16:30

Great News! Me and Tank are so happy for you lot Smile Best of luck! He has a well deserved home by the sounds of it!
Sharleen&Tank
Sharleen&Tank
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 22:04

Such great news!! I can't wait to hear how he does with your boy and see some pictures!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Thu May 12 2011, 22:22

Aw so happy that's great Big Grin
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri May 13 2011, 21:24

awesome so pleased for you, your family........and Brutus !! x
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 21:30

<:-P YAY GREAT NEWS! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13 2011, 21:31

Whoo hoo brilliant xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri May 13 2011, 23:35

So glad you got him congratulations dance
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Mon May 16 2011, 08:37

Annd?? Is he home yet?? Smile
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon May 16 2011, 21:04

Brilliant news so glad you got him Big Grin
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2