* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

+14
ardvark
debbiewaterhouse
lauren19
Ernestine
dannii
Nosipho
sooz225
Skylas-mom
youngkaiser
gem
barneynlynn
Aniemother
janey
Lisa & Kuta
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) Empty * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 05 2011, 09:58

So, an update on the male staffy we found last week.
We called the pound 4 times, but no one had reported him missing (clearly they don't really care!). We put an add in the paper, but the owner did not call... a few other people did which is concerning though. Either there are a lot of staffies going missing in our area, or the people that called where involved in fighting and just trying to score a free staffy.
Anyway, today, after a week of having him, I finally had a chance to take him to the vets to get a check up. When we found him, he was covered in ticks, very thin and also has a lump on his leg that needs to be looked at. He has put on some weight, as he has been living on chicken wings and meat since last Thursday lol. But we don't know if he is on heartworm meds, guessing not tho considering the amount of ticks that were on him.
Well, as I expected they would, they checked if he was micro chipped and to my shock, he was! I know he has a home and he should be returned to his owners, but I am very upset right now as we had all grown fond of him, especially Kuta.
I am also very concerned as to the quality of home he is returning to. After the condition we found him in, I'm not sure if he will be looked after that well. And seeing as he is an old dog, I would have loved to give him a great home to spend his last years.
I was very upset at the vets today, I wanted them to pass my details on to the owner so they could contact me to collect him, but they would not let me take him home. Kuta and my OH did not get a chance to say goodbye to him. Actually, when I returned home, Kuta was running around looking for him. They got along so well so it will be hard on him I think.
I am hopeing and praying that the owners no londer want him and we get a call tomorrow to come pick him up. It would be the best birthday pressie ever (I am turning 30 tomorrow eeshk!) I also hope that the vet gives him a good going over before they hand him over. If there is a bill for him, the owner may not want to pay it and just leave him. I will be more than happy to pay for him, which is why I took him in in the first place.
I may be totally wrong, he may have a loving home which would be great and I would love to keep in touch with them. But why would they have not been looking for him after a whole week. One would think they would have called the pound at least to report him missing, I know I would if it were my dog.
Anyway, thought I would let you all know what is going on. Fingers all crossed we get get a call saying he is ours praying

Last edited by Lisa & Kuta on Thu May 12 2011, 07:45; edited 3 times in total
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) Empty Re: * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 10:02

It is unbelievable to think someone could own a staffy that goes missing and they don't even try to find him.. If that were Jethro I would be phoning radio stations.. printing flyers.. phone every vet and pound in WA... Lets hope this has a happy ending.. and you get to keep him! Fingers crossed! Will send some positive thoughts your way!

Back to top Go down

* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) Empty Re: * Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-)

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 11:34

Oh, poor thing. I really hope that they don't want him/pay for his treatment & that he'll come back to you.

Fingers crossed for a nice birthday call tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05 2011, 13:29

fingers crossed for you

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu May 05 2011, 13:47

Fingers crossed, I'm a great beliver in fate and if its ment to be it will. Doesn't stop from praying for you though Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Thu May 05 2011, 13:56

Thanks for the update.. But it must have been so disappointing not getting to take him back home, but I guess the vets mean well. Fingers crossed it turns out well!
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barneynlynn Thu May 05 2011, 18:20

I'll keep my fingers crossed the vet contacts you to come and collect him.
If it were my dog that had gone missing i'd have phoned all the local kennels and the police to see if he had been found..
The upside is that if his owners aren't found then he'll have a good loving home to go to. Smile
barneynlynn
barneynlynn
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu May 05 2011, 18:57

Awww I dont think you can judge the owners if you dont know the full story the dog could be for loads of reasons in his position and may be many miles from home with a owner who never thought they would see there pet again and genually loved him.
But at the very least the vets have your details and you never know what may happen you did a wonderfull thing for this boy and im sure hes gratefull and I hope and pray hes happy Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu May 05 2011, 21:22

Aww i so hope you get him lets hope you get that phone call tomorrow
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri May 06 2011, 00:42

Thanks guys. I called the vet this morning (couldn't wait any longer) and he still hasn't been claimed. They are having problems getting onto the owners, have let numerous messages.
I want to take him over the weekend so he is not locked in a cage for two days, but unfortunately, they wont let me.
I have to call them back this afternoon and if they still haven't heard from the owner, he will be sent to the pound. The pound will be notified that we want to adopt him and hopefully we can pick him up early next week. Unfortunately, they have to go through all the correct avenues before they hand him over to us. I'm just so upset knowing that he is locked in a cage and not able to run around and play.
Hopefully, we will have our boy back next week for good
praying
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 00:53

Poor boy.....surely one of the vets or vet nurses would take him home over the weekend so he's not locked in a cage for 2 days. Somebody would have to at least go into the surgery to check on the animals and feed / clean etc...
It's a shame though, coz you sound more than happy to care for him until the owners are found or until the pound is able to release and adopt him out ( to you )
But at the end of the day, you've got to remember that they have to follow the rules and go through the processes.
Hopefully everything works out for the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 01:18

I'll be thinking of him and you, I hope you'll get him back!! praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 07:45

Fingers crossed for you xxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri May 06 2011, 09:46

Seems a little unfair they won't let you keep him, but rules are rules I suppose. Fingers crossed for next week, I'll be praying for you Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 10:39

Fingers & toes crossed, and loads of prayers coming your way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 13:05

Sometimes rules should be broken by someone with a bit of common sense. Why make the dog go from yours to the vets to the rescue centre back to yours. If I was in charge you would have him at home now where he belongs.
Fingers crossed for you

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Fri May 06 2011, 18:04

Its silly really i cant see what difference it makes you looking after him or him going the pound you would do a better job i so hope you get him his owners obviously aint interested by the sounds of it
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 18:08

fingers crossed - i've just shed a tear thinking about it. you obviously care very much. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylas-mom Fri May 06 2011, 18:47

Oh noes.Poor you and poor him Sad Skyla and I are crossing fingers and paws that everything works out for the both of you. xx
Skylas-mom
Skylas-mom

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skyla
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri May 06 2011, 20:30

I think they have to go by the rules incase the owner comes along and the person has lgged it with the dog but counting down the days for you praying
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 03:09

Any news yet ????
Have they been able to contact the owners ???

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Tue May 10 2011, 06:15

iv just read this post, omg i really hope u get to keep him, sounds like he's a wee lost soul, fingers crossed and toes and eyes, heres hoping it works out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 07:50

Any news, please???????

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 10 2011, 09:36

Caryll wrote:Any news, please???????

????? Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10 2011, 09:41

same here

coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue May 10 2011, 10:31

nail biting
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dannii Tue May 10 2011, 13:55

just read this post i hope you get the good news you are waiting for and my thoughts are wth you keeping my fingers crossed and shays keeping her paws crossed x
dannii
dannii
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Shay and Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue May 10 2011, 15:53

I'm almost in tears here!

We had almost the exact experience. In fact, REALLY really darn close! Our staf looks just like yours too! He's a gorgeous brindle, but he was rather chubby and not underweight, (possibly from being fed scraps and the wrong kinds of foods?).

Fortunately (for us!!) our boy wasn't chipped, and after a long complicated story with me calling the SPCA every day to check on him and the staff there ending up calling him Duke too ;-) we were SO lucky to be able to adopt him. Our boy is also a senior citizen, and we love him so very much. It's like he's been with us since a pup, and not for only just over a month. So I know exactly what you're going through. Even now I have a huge lump in my throat, and if I don't stop writing soon, I'm going to end up in tears here at work!! lol

Believe me, we're all rooting for you, I really hope you get him, I'll be heartbroken along with you if you don't. If he does end up at the pound, just keep calling them, get a reference number, make absolutely sure they know how keen you are. That's what we did, and the outcome was good.

PLEASE keep us updated, I so hope your next post is good news.
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Tue May 10 2011, 15:56

Oh! Just had a thought :-)

That's probably Kuta in your profile pic! hehehe... well he looks a lot like our Duke ;-)
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren19 Tue May 10 2011, 22:27

Oh such a nice story - when you think of all the unloved staffs - this dog is not going to end up another statistic and I believe he will be with you (where he prob belongs) very soon - look forward to next update x
lauren19
lauren19

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rhia
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed May 11 2011, 03:06

Ok, so its been 5 days, so sorry to keep you all in suspence he he. The good news is, they still haven't heard from the owners and he is due out of impound today yay!
If all goes well, he will go in for his health test to get treated for any nasties and also be desexed Thursday, Tuesday at the latest though. Seeing as he has a family (us) awaiting though, they said they will try to push him for Thursday. If this is the case, we should have him by the weekend woo hoo!
I can not believe nobody is looking for him. Even if they have wrong or old numbers on file from his chip, still nobody has gone out to claim him..... discusting if you ask me.
Anyway, will post again when it is all confirmed, fingers still crossed though till he is home with us.
PS - Ernestine, that is Kuta in my profile pic, but our little pound man is like his twin anyway. Its like they are brothers, will post pics if I can.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 03:12

Its such a shame his family can not be contacted as they must of been looking after from the condition he was in. If there is a great home with a brother its definatly yours, Hope all goes according to plan and you get him home soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 03:25

Lisa, I so hope the original owner doesn't come forward as it really doesn't sound as if he was well looked after (I know I shouldn't jump to conclusions), but surely if he'd gone missing they would have done everything in their power to find him even if they've moved elsewhere or the like. I used to live in Townsville and my 14 year old girl was born in Cairns. She has now lived in 3 states and every time we move my biggest fear is that she'll disappear, especially now she has cataracts & is going deaf.
Fingers, toes & everything else crossed that you'll have him safely tucked up in his bed with Kuta by the weekend.
Lee praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed May 11 2011, 07:07

Ahhhhh, I'm so frustrated with the pound right now. They are so hard to get a hold of and they never return your calls when you leave a message.
They are now telling me that Toby (which is his official name) we were calling him Brutus Tongues , may not get his health check until Tuesay, which means we wont get him until at least next Wed, or even later.
The RSPCA are so dumb! They are complaining about lack of funds to feed and care for the animals, but they are delaying this little mans release. Does that make any sence to you guys?
Anyway, I gotta call back in the morning and see if I can get him bumped onto Thursdays vet list. Hopefully, they will take another dog off and put him on seeing as he has a home waiting.
I just want this to be over man, he has been locked up there now for a week. I feel so bad not being able to do anything. We were going to go out to visit him over the weekend, but they wouldn't let us in to see him.
Please please please, let him be home by the weekend praying
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 07:19

Oh Lisa, that really is frustrating for you. at wits end
Thanks for coming back and letting us know, I hope you can get it sorted out tomorrow. I suppose they have guidelines they have to follow, but it seems crazy when he has a home already lined up.
What a pity you can't go and visit him either.

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Wed May 11 2011, 08:04

Got my fingers crossed for you Lisa x
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Wed May 11 2011, 08:35

Same here, holding thumbs, toes, everything lol It's all sounding good though!

If the original owners haven't found him, I honestly think it's because they haven't been looking. Even if it's out of the area, all they'd need to do, is give the info in the chip, problem solved. And if they can't even be bothered to do that, they really don't deserve him!

Keep us posted, blow by blow updates are most welcome ;-)
Ernestine
Ernestine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 08:44

fingers and toes crossed

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 09:35

I totally agree!!!!

Last edited by Dogalogs88 on Wed May 11 2011, 09:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 09:39

Ernestine wrote:

If the original owners haven't found him, I honestly think it's because they haven't been looking. Even if it's out of the area, all they'd need to do, is give the info in the chip, problem solved. And if they can't even be bothered to do that, they really don't deserve him!

I totally agree!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Wed May 11 2011, 09:45

Oh I hope he'll get his health check tomorrow.. Fingers crossed!
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed May 11 2011, 10:02

Aww looking good then, even though the waiting is a pain in the a*se! Probably more like torture to you....and some of us lol! I understand there's the health check and the de-sexing (which is a responsible thing to do from their point of view and should be done) but honestly with a willing loving family WAITING here wtf don't they just get on with it eh? SURELY things can get turned around in a matter of days once the old 'owners' have failed to claim their dog......which let's face it like others say isn't that hard, unlikely a legitimate reason for not finding/coming forward (sorry it's scepticle but come on guys we know reality!)...... rarely a genuine reason.

Everything here crossed for you and your new dog Wink x
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
* Updated again * our found staffy - GOOD NEWS :-) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed May 11 2011, 10:23

Sounds frustrating! I would be pacing the house in anticipation. Oh well at least you know that hes going to be yours. Kuta and Brutus will have a great time, i'm sure he will love having a big brother. And make sure you put loads of pics up!!! Fingers crossed they will put him on thursdays vet list. Big Grin
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11 2011, 11:48

You know this kinda reminds me of when shontelle was waiting to see whether Charlie would survive after all his litter mates died! Everyone is SO rooting for you and Brutus!

Let's hope the RSPCA get their fingers out & he can come home by the weekend!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa & Kuta Thu May 12 2011, 07:55

OK, so after a LONG week of waiting, looks like we finally got the news we were hoping for.
Brutus was unable to get in for his desexing and health check today, but the pound are letting us foster him until he can go in next Thursday.
My OH will pick him up tomorrow morning, and I will drop him back next Wed for his medical on Thurs and then we can pick him back up for good next weekend, yay!
It is good that he will be back in there though from Thurs-Sat coz I was dreading keeping him quiet after his desexing. Kuta is going to be soooooo happy to see him tomorrow, there will be non stop running and playing all day I think. I just wish I was there for the reunion, but I gotta work.
Anyway, good news by the sounds of it. I still we be happier when I get home tomorrow arvie to see him back home with us Big Grin
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 08:14

woo hoo!!! So happy for you xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 08:22

good news

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12 2011, 08:38

Great news Lisa, thumbs up
Will be good for Kuta & Brutus to have a chance to play together before Brutus gets desexed next week. It's fun trying to keep a dog quiet after surgery especially when you have two boisterous ones

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Thu May 12 2011, 09:19

Great news!
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu May 12 2011, 09:39

Made up for you!!! It was ment to be Big Grin exciting times ahead and lots of pics please Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next