Good Tips for Dogs And Cats

2 posters

Go down

Good Tips for Dogs And Cats Empty Good Tips for Dogs And Cats

Post by jmk Mon Nov 18 2013, 22:10

Anyone seen this site as a lot of good tips > www.doglistener.co.uk/tips/top_tips.shtml
jmk
jmk
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Good Tips for Dogs And Cats Empty Re: Good Tips for Dogs And Cats

Post by Steve Mon Nov 18 2013, 22:15

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/ <<--- even better

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:26

Most of the tips are useful. However, some could be dangerous - number 4, for instance. Cotton wool may pad out sharp objects, but isn't likely to cover 100% of the shards. As the intestines squeeze against the objects, the shards will just pierce through the cotton. It's always better to take the dog straight to the vets, especially as the cotton wool itself could pose additional problems.

Number 13, as well, isn't very safe. It recommends giving strong black coffee to a pup that has sustained electric shock. Coffee is extremely bad for dogs and can cause death when too much is consumed, depending on age and size of the dog. Puppies in particular can sustain serious damage from coffee.

I'm also very wary of a website which specifically badmouths and insults the members of other forums for differing opinions. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:32

Eleanor wrote:
I'm also very wary of a website which specifically badmouths and insults the members of other forums for differing opinions. Tongues
Where does it say anything about other forums? its not a forum its just a website with advice ???
jmk
jmk

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:35

'a forum called Champ Dogs, run and controlled by people that clearly think they know lots about Dogs but in reality know very little. Everything was based on emotion, rather than reality and common sense. I found some of the advice dangerous. I was howled down when I suggested that they should not play tug with their dogs they actually said that if you couldn't play games like that then it's not worth having a dog and they would have it put to sleep. Some of these people are very very sad.'

Whether justified or not, it really isn't professional to badmouth forums, groups, etc., particularly for something as daft as a difference of opinion. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:42

So that site belongs to Champ Dogs forum who ever they are lol. Ok I just thought it was Stan Rawlinson site the Dog Listener as he calls himself I never hear of him lol .
jmk
jmk

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 19 2013, 13:50

The site belongs to Rawlinson, I believe Smile The quote was taken from one of his pages, where he badmouthed another forum.

I, personally, don't know what happened between him and that forum, but he should probably be careful about what he says in regards to other websites, as it's likely to discourage people from following his advice. From what I've heard, he's good with dogs and knows what he's talking about. My only issues with the advice given were just those couple of comments that could be dangerous to a dog; the other tips looked very useful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down