* UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?

3 posters

Go down

* UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?  Empty * UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri Apr 29 2011, 02:56

Yesterday arvie my OH was going for his daily jog when he sees a bridle staff running lose in the park. He called out thinking it was Kuta and that he had gotten out and followed him. The dog started to run towards him and he then realised this pooch had nuts confused He is a spitting image of Kuta, down to size and shape and everything.
Of cause, the dog followed him home and Kuta has a new best friend. It was so cute when I wolke up this morning, the two of them were curled up on the couch together. Very odd that they are getting along as this male dog is not desexed and Kuta is. I didn't think two male dogs would get along....
We have called the local pound, but no lost staffs have been reported. Not going to take him out there though as there has been some horrid reports lately of dogs being put down before the owners get out there to pick them up.
I would love to keep him, not sure what the OH will have to say about that though. Plus, I'm sure someone out these is stressing about him, I would hope anyway. He is a great little dog, comes when called, sits, shakes hands..... Kuta could learn a thing or two from him lol.
We will keep an eye on the lost and found, and look out for flyers to see if anyone is looking for him. What would you do if you found a staff?

Last edited by Lisa & Kuta on Sat Apr 30 2011, 00:10; edited 1 time in total
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

* UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?  Empty Re: * UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 10:25

What would I do? the same as you, probably, although I'd have to shut it in a different room to Dempsey! I know they wouldn't get along!

I suppose the only other thing you can do is put some 'found' flyers out and about & see if anyone comes forward?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Apr 29 2011, 10:36

I'd also do the same, when the vets are open again on Tuesday check if he's microchipped too.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 13:17

.. if he is in good nick you would think he would have to be someones pet....
hopefully he is micro chipped !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 13:52

Somebody is probably worried silly about him. I agree......check if he's micro-chipped.
If not, maybe put a couple of signs up in the area your OH found him saying"Found..Dog....ph:etc..." This way, if anybody rings, they will need to describe colour/gender/breed etc... for you to know if they are the rightful owner. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylas-mom Fri Apr 29 2011, 18:37

Not sure about where you live but round here the council have a list of dogs in the pound that are up for reclaim/rehome.
If yours do the same,could you not ask to have your refugee added to the list incase someone is looking for him? Don't know if they'd do this but it's worth a try.
Skylas-mom
Skylas-mom

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skyla
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Apr 29 2011, 18:47

Skylas-mom wrote:Not sure about where you live but round here the council have a list of dogs in the pound that are up for reclaim/rehome.
If yours do the same,could you not ask to have your refugee added to the list incase someone is looking for him? Don't know if they'd do this but it's worth a try.

They do that here too x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 20:31

Loopy wrote:Somebody is probably worried silly about him. I agree......check if he's micro-chipped.
If not, maybe put a couple of signs up in the area your OH found him saying"Found..Dog....ph:etc..." This way, if anybody rings, they will need to describe colour/gender/breed etc... for you to know if they are the rightful owner. Just a thought.

I agree with this. Don't put a description or picture on the flyer/ad so they have to describe him to you.

Back to top Go down

* UPDATE * Hmm, what to do?  Empty * UPDATE * - Hmm, what to do?

Post by Lisa & Kuta Fri Apr 29 2011, 23:50

Just an update - we called the local council as the dog has a rego tag on him. The council said the owner is a repeat offender and the dog has been impounded before. They wouldn't give us contact details for the owner, just said he lives in our suburb. We are going to put some flyers up and see how we go from there. Called the pound again but still no report of a lost staff, the owner must not care too much unfortunately. We will not take him to the pound though, as I mentioned, they are over filled with dogs at the moment and dogs are being put to sleep after only a few days. He is such a beautiful, well natured dog, it would be a shame for that to happen to him.
We have a few people that may take him if we don't find his owners. I would love to keep him, but with a new baby on the way, I don't know him well enough to trust him around a new born like I do Kuta.
Will keep you all posted on our progress, hopefully the owners will forward this weekend.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 30 2011, 08:31

Are they still getting on well?? with Kuta I mean, you sound like your doing all you can, although am suprised that if they know who the owners are they can't put you in touch (not that they seem to deserve to have him back), well done you and he is lucky he found you x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 14:08

If you do get in touch with the owners you should voice your concern about their letting him wander. If you don't, which might even be better for him, then I'm glad you have a couple of people lined up to adopt him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30 2011, 14:24

CatStina wrote:If you do get in touch with the owners you should voice your concern about their letting him wander. If you don't, which might even be better for him, then I'm glad you have a couple of people lined up to adopt him!

yes, some people just should NOT own pets !! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down