Quick question!

Go down

Quick question! Empty Quick question!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 14:42

The last few day Blondy has been spitting up food.
She gets fed 10am then at 3pm with the adults and we go for the long walk. then about 5-6 ish she spits up bits of food now i say spit because its like she is being sick because she isn't heaving. she'll be running around then stops and spits out some food along with water. Do you think its over feeding? she is fine for a couple of hours after feeding then she has the odd spit only once or twice its very random walking her home yesterday evening she just opens her mouth and spits out food its not food she has jsut ate but the biscuits from her meal.

Back to top Go down

Quick question! Empty Re: Quick question!

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 14:47

How soon after her 3pm meal do you walk her? I wonder if her stomach's rebelling at the exercise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 16:31

yeah I wondered if maybe she is drinking a big heap of water afterwards, and that combined with her exercise.. ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 18:32

They go for a wlak straight after feeding, Its a nice slow on lead 20 minute walk down to the allotments then they are let off. I'v been doing this with her sinse i was able to take her out for the whole day and its only been the last few days she has done this, I'v not changed her food she has been on it sinse she was 8 weeks old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28 2011, 19:14

With the warmer weather she's probably drinking more. I won't take Dempsey out for any sort of walk until about 2 hours after his food. You're asking for trouble, because exercise too soon before or after feeding is known to cause bloat & tortion.

Let her rest for an hour after her food. It'll be better for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Apr 29 2011, 15:05

I always walk mine then feed after Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29 2011, 19:12

I feed Blondy around 10am take them all out for about an hour come back wait around Taz and Casse usually go back to to sleep very lazy dogs and don't generally wake up until about 1 then i feed them all around 3 by the time they have all finished their food we leave about 20mins half hour later for the 3-4 hours walk/allotments play then go home around 7-8ish and those are their main walks a few 15mins toilet walks during the night and we start all over again.
Its never affected Blondy before and i'v always stuck to a schedual, like today now she hasn't done it once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down