is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup

+3
Maria90
reuben
Belle Crystal Aurora
7 posters

Go down

is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup Empty is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup

Post by gazj84 Sun Oct 06 2013, 09:08

hi guys so i bought my self a lil cutie (staffy) called cisco he was a little thin when i bought him i got him looking nice after i wormed him n got him on 1 brand of food.

But my question is
is his weight normal for a staffy at 11 weeks when i took him for his 2nd jab at the vet we weighed him and hes 6.40kg and 2 weeks before that he was 4.40kg

this is him when i got him sorry for the bad pic
is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup 1236808_10200696040906816_2103161163_n

this is him just before his second jab

is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup 1240579_176422039217524_1582189308_n
gazj84
gazj84
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cisco
Dog(s) Ages : 13 weeks 8.7.13
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup Empty Re: is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup

Post by Belle Crystal Aurora Sun Oct 06 2013, 09:22

hiya! I think poor cisco looks under fed on his first Sad but you've obviously been doing something right coz he looks so much healthier on the second pic Smile as for his weight im unsure but he's gorgeous Big Grin
Belle Crystal Aurora
Belle Crystal Aurora
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Belle
Dog(s) Ages : Puppy
Dog Gender(s) : girl

Back to top Go down

is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup Empty Re: is this a good weight for an 11 week old pup

Post by reuben Sun Oct 06 2013, 09:32

There isn't a set weight for any particular age as they all differ but he's looking good in his second pic. He should be quite chunky, some people advocate being able to see his first rib but I prefer a lttle chunkier at that age. Just make sure he doesn't get too heavy as it puts a strain on his wee legs.
What are you feeding him??
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sun Oct 06 2013, 10:14

He looks fab in the second pic! There is no set weight for their age, as long as you can see a clear waist line and feel his ribs it is generally a good indicator that they are okay, and as long as the vet is happy he should be fine! What is he being fed? and how much exercise does he get?

Why no come over and introduce yourself here we would love to hear all about your pup! https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 10:18

They are all very much different shapes and sizes, he looks fab in the second pic Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06 2013, 11:28

He looks great in the 2nd pic , as Reuben says I too prefer chunky pups , they can lean down as they get older and more exercised , can't really remember what my 2 weighed at that age but would guess Tommy wouldn't be far off that as build wise very similar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Oct 06 2013, 11:32

Rocky was already 9 months old when we got him so cannot really help, sorry.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by gazj84 Tue Oct 08 2013, 10:51

he is now clear for walks so i can just start taking him out but as the pic was taken he could only really run around the garden with charlie the chihuahua and tilly the cat. I feed him high nutrition puppy food not sure of the brand as it comes in a clear bag from my uncles petshop but it seems to do the trick. I tryed afew well known brands but the unnamed one im using at the min seems to do the best job it gives him enough energy but not too much. He is going to be walked very regular and once he has stopped growing so much ill be taking him out with me just about everywhere i go but untill he stops growing he will only be walked for an hour or so a day i want his energy to go towards his growing spurts not on long walks.
gazj84
gazj84

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cisco
Dog(s) Ages : 13 weeks 8.7.13

Back to top Go down

Post by wilf2812 Thu Oct 10 2013, 11:34

When we brought Benson home at nearly 8 weeks he was just under 3kg and I thought he didn't look chubby enough for a pup. He is now only just 8 months and weighed in today at 15.1kg so has put on rather alot in 6 months! I wouldn't worry, some dogs in the litter are smaller than others and soon catch up Big Grin 
wilf2812
wilf2812

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Benson-Blue
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanota Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:34

Hello everyone. Reading this pic I was wondering if Nana is getting chubby. She is 5-month old and weights around 13 kg.
We walk for an hour every day and in the evenings I take her to the park where she runs and runs and plays with other dogs.

Nanota
Nanota

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nana
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by wilf2812 Thu Oct 10 2013, 14:37

I wouldn't say so, mine was probably about that 3 months ago
wilf2812
wilf2812

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Benson-Blue
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down