Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip? Empty Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip?

Post by blinks Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:25

Hi All,

Apologies if I have put this under the wrong section though as there has been a growing problem with the theft of staffies, Ive been enquiring whether there is a product out there where by a "GPS tracking chip" is implanted under the skin. I know there are tracking collars though ofcourse these can easily be removed should the dog be stolen.

Has anyone tried this method or is there even a product out there to cater to this?
blinks
blinks
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Muscles
Dog(s) Ages : puppy 20/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip? Empty Re: Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:28

I've not heard of one, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip? Empty Re: Anyone tried to implant a tracking chip?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:32

im thinking a tracking device would need to be powered and ov give off a signal so i think implanting could never really work as battery length and risk of battery leaking and the trials needed to see if the signal device had any long term health effects would be a rather lengthy process so im thinking may be a fare way off

Back to top Go down

Post by blinks Wed Sep 25 2013, 10:51

Thanks for the prompt replies. Guess I just have to be very diligent in keeping my boy safe. Unfortunately its seems to be a growing problem in Australia with the theft of certain dog breeds.
blinks
blinks

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Muscles
Dog(s) Ages : puppy 20/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 11:21

blinks wrote:Thanks for the prompt replies. Guess I just have to be very diligent in keeping my boy safe. Unfortunately its seems to be a growing problem in Australia with the theft of certain dog breeds.  
We've discussed it before on here and I looked around but nothing exists at the moment . It should be possible with micro technology these days , after all they can implant devices into humans with batteries although they are a bit bigger than a chip, it's just a matter of time before something will exist and I would predict over the next few years. It would be a fantastic tool for the owners and also have massive benefits in encouraging or forcing dog owners to be much more responsible if problem dogs were chipped in such a way they could be curfewed etc ( like a criminal being on a tag )

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Sep 25 2013, 15:36

Tracking devices for our doggy friends should be available in the next few years. The only thing holding them back currently is the size of the device. With technology always moving as fast as it does they should be here very soon I'm sure.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 17:16

There are gps collars that are cut safe but they are the only thing. To send signal you need to have something exposed so it would not work ona live animal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down