Worried...

3 posters

Go down

Worried... Empty Worried...

Post by Bronson Fri Apr 22 2011, 19:04

Hi all, This is my 1st posting on here so i hope Im doing this correctly,
I have a 5 1/2 Month old Staffy, He is utterly fab in all aspects so far......

Today, i took him to my friends house and let him into Her garden (as i always do) And the Mixed breed b***h next door came up to the fence to see him (as She always does) With that i left him, 5 mins later i went to check on him only to find he had Jumped the fence and had mounted her and was mating with her! I cant be sure he he was successful as b***h was very furry !!! But lets just say It looked very convincing???
As far as i Know this B***h isn't vaccinated ! Sad Whereas Bronson is fully up to date on everything...

I guess what i wanna know is...Is this Normal at his age? Is it Safe for him to have Mated (if he achieved it..
Could he have Impregnated her at this age? And is there any diseases he could pick up? Think the b***h has breed several times before.

Many Thanks x

Bronson
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Bronson
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Worried... Empty Re: Worried...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 19:32

Yes he probabilly has got her pregnant if they tied?? Did they tie? were the stuck together backsides faceing each other for while and no if he is vaccinated he can not catch anything etc flea's or mites if she has any, its a shame though just another unwanted litter and irresponsible owner who has her, if you can speak to them and let them know so they can if they care do something about it like a termination or atleast get her vaccinated the poor girl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronson Fri Apr 22 2011, 20:46

Hi, Thanks for you reply.
They did not lock i had forgotten to add that before! Do they always have to lock though? Im going to speak with the owners tomorrow and suggest termination and i will foot the bill As it was My fault also!
I heard that sometimes they can get a canine std? Bronson is our first Dog and I was so adamant that I was going to do everything right by him! Castration asap i think x x

Bronson

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Bronson
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyq505 Fri Apr 22 2011, 21:03

Bronson wrote:Hi, Thanks for you reply.
They did not lock i had forgotten to add that before! Do they always have to lock though? Im going to speak with the owners tomorrow and suggest termination and i will foot the bill As it was My fault also!
I heard that sometimes they can get a canine std? Bronson is our first Dog and I was so adamant that I was going to do everything right by him! Castration asap i think x x

Hi & Welcome,

Good for you. I think most people would look the other way and pray it wasn't noticed.
suzyq505
suzyq505
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Emma, Fritz, Tulip, Bean
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Apr 22 2011, 23:06

I think he is just a bit two young but you never know I would never leave him in that situation again and the poor girl next door needs to be spayed what a shame for her.
Male dogs can catch canine herpes from mating with bitches but I would say from a tie, and no they dont always need to tie for conception. Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 00:07

If his testies have dropped he can produce pups unless there is an underlining issue, sure enough they can still get pregnant even if they do not lock buts its rare.I know dogs can get Brucellosis and Canine Herpes Virus buts its again its very rare but if you want him to get checked go ahead atleast the worry would be out of the way, And good on you for the neutering part as well, an example your eyes can not always be on them and accidents do happen, Good on you for going to talk to the owners many wouldn't, your being pretty responsible in doing so and perhaps your mate or both of you could go in halfs and raise the fence a little?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 00:31

MissRogue wrote:Yes he probabilly has got her pregnant if they tied?? Did they tie? were the stuck together backsides faceing each other for while and no if he is vaccinated he can not catch anything etc flea's or mites if she has any, its a shame though just another unwanted litter and irresponsible owner who has her, if you can speak to them and let them know so they can if they care do something about it like a termination or atleast get her vaccinated the poor girl.

Dogs don't need to 'tie' for the bitch to become pregnant, that's an old wive's tale. Although they more often do tie, many a bitch will conceive without it. However

Bronson wrote:Hi, Thanks for you reply.

Who's fence is it? If it's your neighbour's then they are responsible for your dog getting through, if it's yours then you are. By all means speak to the owner, but check your facts before you offer to do anything - maybe the other owner won't want to terminate? They may well see £ signs for pups, if, as you say, she's had several litters already. Your neighbour seems a very irresponsible person.

Would you have had your dog castrated quite so quickly had he not mated the neighbour's bitch? If not, then there is no hurr now - she won't be in season for at least another 6 months! I would always advise that you wait to castrate until your dog is physically mature (not sexually mature - that comes much earlier - as you have found out!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down