puppy feeding times

2 posters

Go down

puppy feeding times Empty puppy feeding times

Post by mazzyboo Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:08

hi everyone just wanted to ask about the feeding times i use for my 17week old pup Im feeding him on royal canin junior. He goes out to do his business at around 6am then he show interest in breakfast around 7-7:30am so ive started to feed him about 7:30. then i feed him again at 1pm then again at 7:30-8pm.

I take him out for toilet at 10:30-11pm then he goes in crate until 6am with no accidents.
I was wondering if this feeding time is ok for a pup this age? He also gets small amount of treats/rewards when i do any training with him. just wondered if these feeding times were okay for a 4 month old pup thanks

Also i was wondering on exercise, i take him out once or twice a day if once Im out for an hour with him and kids on his lead walking and running in fields. he can relax also whilst having a sniff around and meeting new dogs. if twice its about 30-40 mins. 25 if its a walk on the street. is this too much not enough? he does have bags of energy though and although ive only had him a week and a half i am trying to be constant on stimulating him with training at home so he don't get bored lol! i would prefer to take him out twice a day but wanted to know is once a day ok for a 4 month old also

thanks again
mazzyboo
mazzyboo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : wispa
Dog(s) Ages : 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

puppy feeding times Empty Re: puppy feeding times

Post by Guest Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:27

If Wispa (what a gorgeous name!) is happy on his diet and is gaining weight steadily without getting fat, then your regime at the moment sounds good to me.

any more pics?

Back to top Go down

Post by mazzyboo Wed Sep 11 2013, 22:44

Thanx linda Smile  I've only had him for a short while so wont know until i weigh him at vets. i was going to take him to vets within the next two weeks that he's already registered with as they have all of his history and should be able to tell me if he is coming on nicely.

Also he'd be due worming/fleeing treatment i believe as he had his last treatment on on 28th august. i know it adjusts as they get older though

I understand that some staffies are chunky with bully heads at his age and some look lanky with small heads but fill out later? lol! so when i look at him he seems the latter but not skinny just skinny for a staff lol! i just want to feed him Laughing I wouldn't overfeed him though

He's definately got long legs though. his mom was a brindle and his dad was a blue brindle with slightly long legs

I have read the link regarding uploading so will try to put some more pics of him tomorrow.

his previous owner/breeder named him wispa so i just kept it lol!
mazzyboo
mazzyboo

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Thu Sep 12 2013, 18:58

Sasha is 18 weeks now and we feed her on the same food as you 3 times a day 6am 12am 6pm and she has 3 walks a day. A 10 minute walk around the block in the morninh then a longer walk with a run off the lead over the park around lunch time and then around 9pm for 15 minutes just to walk off any excess energy then its in her crate until 5.30 when we get up for work she also doesn't have any accidents either. At the moment she's all legs a bit like bambi all over the place but is slowly filling out currently she weighs 8.6kgs and is gaining weight every week.
janfrost489
janfrost489
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 06/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by mazzyboo Thu Sep 12 2013, 19:40

janfrost489 wrote:Sasha is 18 weeks now and we feed her on the same food as you 3 times a day 6am 12am 6pm and she has 3 walks a day. A 10 minute walk around the block in the morninh then a longer walk with a run off the lead over the park around lunch time and then around 9pm for 15 minutes just to walk off any excess energy then its in her crate until 5.30 when we get up for work she also doesn't have any accidents either. At the moment she's all legs a bit like bambi all over the place but is slowly filling out currently she weighs 8.6kgs and is gaining weight every week.
Hi, well it looks like sashas regime is obviously working for her and she is doing well Smile I hope when wispa visits vet he'll have progressed nicely too. I would love to let wispa off the lead and have a really good run but i've had him less than 2 weeks and not sure about his recall just yet plus he aint got no doggy manners so gets really excited when he sees other dogs so have to control him a little bit longer Smile 
will be investing in one of those training lines though as that would be useful i think.
mazzyboo
mazzyboo

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down