stroppy puppy

2 posters

Go down

stroppy puppy Empty stroppy puppy

Post by janfrost489 Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:12

Hi everyone so we've got through the weeing and not eating and we've come to live with sasha being excitable by ignoring the behaviour until she calms down. The last few days has been a nightmare she has been so naughty doing things that she knows are wrong because shes been taught that way. She is taking no notice of commands which means she is jumping on to the kids and visitors laps which inevitably ends up with her weeing on them as she gets excited. I know that shes teething as she has no top or bottom front teeth shes 18 weeks old today. When we take her for a walk boy does she pull I didn't realise how strong she has become. This morning for instance she barked so I came down and let her out in the garden then back in her crate as usual only she decides that shes having none of it and she continually barks in the end I had to let her out to stop her as she has a proper doggy bark now not a baby puppy bark. So i let her out and ignore her behaviour as usual and give her breakfast she jumps up at me and I say stop in a stern voice as usual she ignores this command and does it again so I say it again a bit louder she eats her breakfast by this time im sitting in the lounge having a cuppa. She comes in goes straight in her crate turns her back on me and now wont come out when I call her to say hello now shes calmed down and thats where shes stayed Sad
janfrost489
janfrost489
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 06/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

stroppy puppy Empty Re: stroppy puppy

Post by Kathy Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:37

When she jumps up at you try turning your back on her and ignoring her until she is sitting down and calm.

Does she get out for a walk during the day if so for how long ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:44

As Kathy says try turning your back and completely ignoring her. These dogs thrive on human company and being ignored they do not like.
Exercise is most important as a tired dog is a happy dog. Keep at it and it will pay off. Good luck x

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:45

If I do that I end up surrounded by little puddles where she is so excited. Shes like it whether I go up stairs for 5 minutes or go out to work all day. My hubby is at home all day so she isnt left on her own. She goes out for a 10 min walk around 7am then a longer walk to the park around 12 its 10 minutes to and from the park and 10-15 minutes off the lead while shes there and lastly 10 minutes around 9pm.
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:46

If I do that I end up surrounded by little puddles where she is so excited. Shes like it whether I go up stairs for 5 minutes or go out to work all day. My hubby is at home all day so she isnt left on her own. She goes out for a 10 min walk around 7am then a longer walk to the park around 12 its 10 minutes to and from the park and 10-15 minutes off the lead while shes there and lastly 10 minutes around 9pm.
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Sun Sep 08 2013, 09:47

janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down