Puppy patch/puppy pads?

2 posters

Go down

Puppy patch/puppy pads? Empty Puppy patch/puppy pads?

Post by treywilkes Wed Mar 23 2011, 06:34

Hi i just bought the puppy patch for the long days im not at my apt home and was wondering if anybody here had any tips on how to make her actually use it. I have her go potty like normal outside then slide the puppy patch underneath her so she gets her scent on it. but she still refuses to use the patch when its outside on the balcony. Any tips?
treywilkes
treywilkes
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Puppy patch/puppy pads? Empty Re: Puppy patch/puppy pads?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 08:27

sorry can't help we just used newspapers in the crate

Back to top Go down

Post by cmt Wed Mar 23 2011, 09:54

We use them when I'm at work, Nala goes to the back door when I'm home, as that's what we've trained her to do, go outside, however when we aren't there, she gradually just started peeing on the pads, obviously I take them up when we're not there. They are supposed to be scented so that they naturally go there, although you will find she will tear it up too! Unfortunately tho, once they've peed on it once, she probably won't do it again on that same mat, and as for poops she won't do them on there. If we leave her for short periods of times we do shut the crate to get her used to holding it in. However, Nala still isn't 100% housetrained, and we have to keep on top of her, constantly asking if she needs to go etc, and praising when she does, but she's getting there!
cmt
cmt
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nala
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 11:38

I wouldn't use them, to be honest. If you want her to go on the balcony, then teh best thing is to take her out there every hour or so & as soon as she does something give her loads of praise. Use a 'trigger' word like 'wee' and say it as soon as she does it, together with praise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down