My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz

4 posters

Go down

My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz Empty My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz

Post by nicolajax Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:20

My lil pup jax was at the vet as he dislocated his knee running down a hill! After being told he needed 4 weeks cage rest i noticed a lump on his belly, took him back to the vet and they said it was some kind of tumor that puppies get! but now it is bigger and has been bleeding a lil he is back at the vet on Thur but i am really worried about him can anyone help me plz?? Crying or Very sad 
nicolajax
nicolajax
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jax or jax the ripper
Dog(s) Ages : 5months 2 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz Empty Re: My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz

Post by Sazzle Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:31

I'm not sure but it sounds nasty if it's bleeding, can you get him back to the vets any sooner?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz Empty Re: My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz

Post by janey Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:45

It is most likely a benign tumor if the vets wasn't overly concerned, Moo had one and I was so worried, it wept slightly, was scabby but about the size of a pea. If its growing and you are worried I would pop to the vets sooner if only to ease your mind Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 12:10

Id contact the vets earlier if your really unhappy with it, let us know how you get on Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolajax Sun Sep 01 2013, 13:06

thanks x poor wee Jax
nicolajax
nicolajax

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jax or jax the ripper
Dog(s) Ages : 5months 2 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 01 2013, 13:08

My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz 3198918699 My puppy has some kind of tumor that puppies get! Advice plz 3198918699 
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:19

Poor Jax, defo get to the vets asap, or ring them. Hope you have some news for us soon xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:57

do you mean a hernia or umbilical hernia? they are very common in pups, but if it's bleeding and looks sore best to phone the vets Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Sep 02 2013, 12:26

Hope Jax is okay, let us know how he got on at the vets
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 20:36

Are you sure it's a tumour & not a hernia? Hernias are quite common & can often be left alone if they're only small. Even larger ones are fairly easily dealt with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down