REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!! Empty REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!!

Post by athena's mom Sun Sep 01 2013, 08:58

Hi I own the most adorable staff in the world (i know we all say that lol) but i am becoming very concerned I live in a small town and recently a pit bull attacked another dog http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/second-pit-bull-attack-in-tralee/
I am worried to the point of paranoia that now the small minded views regarding the bull terrier breed will effect my baby
I am responsible with her I would never allow her out without a lead (i am very apprehensive on muzzling as she injured herself while trying to take off a muzzle) I don't allow her around small children unsupervised (because she has a habit of knocking them over)

does anyone have any advice they could give me regarding this

Thank you heaps and loads

athena's mom
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Athena
Dog(s) Ages : 3yrs
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!! Empty Re: REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 08:59

All you can do is ensure you are a responsible owner and seen that way , keep up the training and make sure you have the best behaved dog in the world Smile

Back to top Go down

REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!! Empty Re: REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:06

As Dave says, make sure she's very well behaved & I'm sure things will be fine, perhaps you could come say hi :- https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:09

We can all appreciate the anxiety that comes with issues such as this around us x

As said above - the best you can do is to ensure that you are doing all the right things, and to ensure you are being seen to be doing things that way all the time.
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:21

Here's a couple of things for you to read , the 2nd one in particular is really good Smile and probably the best advice I have ever seen on breed promoting , it was put together by a lovely lady that works as a member of staff here on the forum and has many years of experience with various breeds that are lets say not always popular with the public

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/responsible_ownership

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/promoting_staffy_image

Back to top Go down

Post by Hargar Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:30

I have the same issues around here only up the road from you in mallow. All we can do is make sure our dogs behave and be polite to other dog owners even if the are trying to tell you that your dog is evil. (Very hard at times)

Hargar
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
REAL CONCERNS FOR MY GIRL AFTER RECENT DOG ATTACKS IN MY TOWN!!!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 1year
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Sep 01 2013, 11:29

Try not to worry about it, just be responsible like said above and no-one will have any reason to be funny with you Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down