behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X

3 posters

Go down

behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X Empty behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X

Post by apple_ashley Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:03

about 2 months ago i adopted a 9 month old staffy X (not quite sure what his other 1/2 is) and he like to bitw when he plays and if i try to play with my other dog even for a second he will bark at me and pretend to bite (he wont actually attempt to bit me but just like bites the air? if that makes sense) an as soon as i try to give him the other 1/2 of the rope, he will jump and get the closest part near my hand sometimes accidentally biting my hand, i usually say NO! than try to ignore him, but he will bark and bark and bark and will try to push Maxi (my other dog) away from my attention. Most other times he is a complete sook =)
apple_ashley
apple_ashley
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi and Sargent
Dog(s) Ages : 3 and 1
Dog Gender(s) : both male =)
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X Empty Re: behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X

Post by Sazzle Sat Aug 31 2013, 22:33

Not sure if this will help?

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/stop_your_staffy_puppy_biting
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X Empty Re: behavour problems 11 month old Staffy X

Post by Kell Sun Sep 01 2013, 09:29

I have a 7 month old staffy that does this too Big Grin

It can seem a little intimidating, don't be alarmed though ... it is just how our lovely little staffs play I promise!!

The biting at the air and barking when playing is something Chiquito does even when I am having a play with my children and he wants to join in ... it is staffy talk for 'let's play guys!' and is something I am usually comfortable to let him do. A strong 'leave' or 'no' command is helpful if I want him to stop - it does take time to teach this though Smile

My poor hands are lucky to have lived through our early days of tug games ... and they still have plenty of close calls when Chiquito decides he wants to swap ends of the rope mid game Rolling Eyes My suggestion would be to make lots of rules around tug ... Chiquito must sit before he is allowed to put the rope into his mouth (both at the start and during the game) and isn't allowed to jump up for example. I taught him sit, gentle, leave and drop very early both outside of and as a part of tug to help him understand the rules well. He does growl a lot though ... again, just staff play and not something I am at all concerned about!
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down