Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!)

+4
Ben
stella
Andy
janey
8 posters

Go down

Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!) Empty Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:36

Well, there will be proof once mum uploads the pic. Tongues

We're assuming there's a little mouse nest behind our plants and ivy. For ages, Dempsey has been trying to dig through the ivy, which is extremely tough and dense because it's been there for years. Today, he was making a nuisance of himself in the garden - the usual. Then he decided he was going to embrace his bulldoser side and Hulk-smash his head and shoulders through the ivy, then ducked right behind and laid down, refusing to come out. Tongues

After the picture was taken, I tugged his leg to try to get him out and he decided it was his last chance to sniff out the mouse; he dove right in and started digging at the back! Laughing We eventually managed to drag him back out, covered in ivy and twigs.

Methinks the mice have left the nest now... Tongues

Last edited by Eleanor on Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!) Empty Re: Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:39

Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!) Temporary_zpsedc5714c

Back to top Go down

Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!) Empty Re: Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:43

Aww Dempsey, what a great pic he wasn't going to give up!Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:44

Look at that belly! He honestly isn't as fat as that pic looks!Surprised 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:45

Gorgeous belly indeed!Love Struck 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:48

Poor Fatsey! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Aug 13 2013, 15:57

Laughing  way to go Dempsy!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Aug 13 2013, 17:08

Caryll wrote:Dempsey has officially gone mad (PICTURE FOR PROOF!) Temporary_zpsedc5714c
Not his best angle Cazza I must admit .. bless him Love Struck 
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 17:11

Love how he's thrown himself onto one side and planted his paws so he can't be dragged out. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 18:59

Laughing aww Dempsey you certainly look determined Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 19:08

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Aug 13 2013, 19:13

Laughing way you go dempsey,your on a mission there!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Aug 13 2013, 19:16

Who gave that pig all the hair? Laughing At least he is getting some shut-eye.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Aug 13 2013, 20:11

Aww Dempsey i hope you charged for your pest control services, not they are really a pest of course Laughing 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Aug 13 2013, 21:33

Pmsl what a star. I love the bit where he gave up being stealthy and gave it some full on bully muscle to get the job done. He does look a tad determined in the pic bless him.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 21:51

Laughing  He was definitely happy with his work! He got a thorough brushing afterwards as well. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 22:00

Ah bless, he loves those meeces to peeces!

Hope for your sakes though he's scared them off, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:08

It's okay; they're only little wood mice Smile They live in hedgerows, gardens and the like. It's their breeding peak right now and I found a little burrow next to the ivy a while ago, so that's almost certainly what they are. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:23

Oh wood mice! A world apart from house mice. In which case - Dempsey, please don't endanger an endangered species! Pretty please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:33

I think you're thinking of the dormouse! Smile They're the endangered little guys. Wood mice are actually quite common around here, but they mainly eat seeds, insects, snails and such, so they're not really a problem for us. Smile

But yeah, I'd be quite upset with Dempsey if he hurt one! Laughing I love our little mousies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:49

No I'm not thinking dormouse! Just those cute little guys with the big ears. I've never seen a dormouse unfortunately, but have seen house mice more often than I'd like to (bit of a shudder - sorry), farm mice (at least they know their place), and the occasional wood mouse which is as cute as a button.

If wood mice aren't endangered and are prolific then I'm glad and stand corrected!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:59

I have to admit, I'm not quite as fond of house mice. Tongues The whole 'danger to your home, family and pets' thing is a bit of a let down! I've not seen a dormouse either, sadly, but I would love to! Love Struck 

I could be wrong about wood mice - I don't think they're endangered, but hey, I've been wrong loads of times before! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14 2013, 00:15

Ah well Eleanor, let's face it, dogs can't tell the difference between horrible rats, slightly less horrible house mice, and dear little wood mice. Hope your wood mice survive, grow and prosper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14 2013, 00:41

Laughing Especially not one as daft as Dempsey! Although I'd sooner he caught a house mouse than a rat I dont want to s  Rats can be aggressive little things!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14 2013, 00:57

Can't they just. When I was a child and daft, I picked up a farm rat. It had to be beaten to persuade it to let go of my finger, and the joint it latched on to is swollen and mis-shapen to this day - 50 odd years later.

Wood mice are nowhere near so evil!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14 2013, 01:20

Youch! Surprised Poor finger!

A baby rat got stuck in our bath tub years ago. When dad tried to catch it in a bowl, it kept shrieking and jumping several times its own height into the air to try to bite him. Tongues

Wood mice are cute and shy. Love 'em. Tongues I like rats as well, but I'm not so keen on the wildies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Fri Aug 16 2013, 13:02

haha Dempsey, you clearly don't give up!! Too cute
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri Aug 16 2013, 13:23

Go Dempsey Laughing (and .. you do have a cute belly too Big Grin )
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down