CaraElizabeth
jshrew
Mattylee
Nathan
Lizzie
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Not the best evening.. Empty Not the best evening..

Post by janey Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:18

Is about all I can say.....

Just taken Moo out for her usual tennis ball hunt. We get near the park and I see 7/8 kids (well 18/19) with a staff onlead. They shouted to put Moo on which I had already done and then proceeded to scream at me that the dog had already ripped another dogs face off today... and on and on, not what I expected to encounter we just diverted our route.

Moo was rather upset so we sat on the wall and I calmed her down, we carried on with our hunt. Unfortunately as we where leaving I was just about to put her back onlead and the same group of kids turned up, there dog was onlead but it all happened in a split second and it grabbed Moo by the face, I managed to grab there dog and put my hand in between the bite but I couldn't make it let go, quick thinking by them as there was a tap and they threw water over him, still didn't let go, I only had a fag which I pushed on the dogs nose and it let go.

Moo was squirting blood but the kids just rushed the dog off and apologized as they had forgotten to muzzle it.

Now Moo was off lead there's on, and I feel really really bad, she is pacing and has a cut on her cheek. One of the girls turned around and said she would do me in so to speak as I was crouched on the floor holding Moo, I pulled my phone out and said I would call the police and they all ran.

It has knocked my confidence and I am worried about Moo. Never been so worried in my life, I know she was off lead but she always is when up there. I feel I have let her down.

Last edited by janey on Thu Jul 04 2013, 01:07; edited 1 time in total
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Not the best evening.. Empty Re: Not the best evening..

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:25

Omg Janey that sounds horrendous! Did Moo run upto the other dog then with her being off the lead?

Dont feel like youve let her down, it was completely unexpected! They should have had the muzzle on their dog if its agressive, how can they forget! Sending hugs from me and Shéara xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:35

It happened so quickly, we had been playing tennis ball, hunt turned the corner to home and they where there. Never seen anything like it, they just kept saying they had forgotten the muzzle and where sorry, I had Moo back in a split second but the damage is done. I'm scared to go back there more on the personal threats to me. Moo is just not herself. I know she was the one off lead but she didn't cause anything and thank god didn't fight back.

Its our fun place, that has now been ruined.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:38

((((Hugs)))) for you and moo janey, what an awful thing to happen, please try not to blame yourself you've not let moomin down, you did all you could in an awful situation. Those horrible little sh1ts should have there dog muzzled if they know its DA. yes moo was of lead but by the sounds of it, it wouldn't have made any difference it happen so quick. Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck for you and moo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:39

poor moo and you Sad  society is a mess at the moment Sad i know this is sound bad but carry something on you while you out alone xxx

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:39

Well Janey you know you shouldn't torture yourself over this one and you know the score . Moo was off lead so you just have to put it down to experience and sure she will be ok . These things can happen at any time and you should just get out and get on with what you are already doing . Sounds like these kids were typical irresponsible little thugs but they did have their dog on a lead and I have to say I don't necessarily agree with the comment about they should have their dog muzzled unless they are using the dog as a weapon, but maybe someone should be talking to the police about the incident to teach these kids one or 2 lessons in responsibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:40

I wouldnt advise going back on your own for a while, but dont let it ruin your fun place Sad Maybe you could go with someone and if you see the kids try and talk to them about the inncident? The threats were probably just heat of the moment so I wouldnt worry. Aww you must be feeling so down, and poor Moo, what a terrible thing to happen xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:45

you need an female police cosh if you was living in notts i could get u one tomoz

Not the best evening.. 250px-21%27_ASP_Baton

but you can get in trouble if you own one

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:47

I am so shaken, 4 years we have gone there, it was them that apologized as the dog is supposed to be muzzled, I even half took that aboard until they used vile language about kicking me in. I am so glad I had my phone, I only took it to show you guys pics and it had no battery..

She is now barking at everything but the cuts look clean. All I can say is she would never start anything and I no I would get comments about her being off lead..
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:48

Just wanted to say how very sorry I am that this happened to you and
that your confidence has been shaken.  You could not have prevented
what happened and it sounds like it made no difference that Moo wasn't
on a lead. You have not let her down at all, please put that right out of
your head.

I expect you are both in shock and Moo is picking up on your feelings as
well.

Glad that you are both safe and send you both sincere best wishes and hugs.
Hope Moos cuts isn't too bad.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 23:52

janey wrote:I am so shaken, 4 years we have gone there, it was them that apologized as the dog is supposed to be muzzled, I even half took that aboard until they used vile language about kicking me in. I am so glad I had my phone, I only took it to show you guys pics and it had no battery..

She is now barking at everything but the cuts look clean. All I can say is she would never start anything and I no I would get comments about her being off lead..

Sorry Janey , I'm not criticising about Moo being off lead , I've been caught out a few times with Tommy like this as people appear from nowhere and fortunately since my incident with the neighbour it has all been ok but my heart has been in my mouth at times and all the other times fortunately for me when he has surprised me the other dog has been off lead as well . I was just merely referring to the dogs law stuff and your standing in this . Every case has its own merits and sound like these kids should not be let out on a night , with or without their dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:05

bloody hell mate what a night, i bet they wont be there tomorrow though. id give it a couple of days to calm down. but to be honest i wish i was closer so that i could come on that walk with you and kick the little buggers arses. if i saw them touching moo i'd teach them a lesson they wouldnt forget for a long time.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattylee Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:07

Oh man. I don't expect u will here off these fools again. As they admitted themselves, their dog should of been muzzled. Just look after urself and moo. I can't imagine how u feel, but no doubt in time I will. U did nothin wrong and neither did moo. {{{{{ big hugs }}}}}
Mattylee
Mattylee

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 15/12/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattylee Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:08

Nathan wrote:bloody hell mate what  a night,  i bet they wont be there tomorrow though.  id give it a couple of days to calm down. but to be honest i wish i was closer so that i could come on that walk with you and kick the little buggers arses. if i saw them touching moo i'd teach them a lesson they wouldnt forget for a long time.

With u on that mate!!
Mattylee
Mattylee

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 15/12/12
Support total : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:31

I just took Moo back up, I can't have her being afraid, its her back garden, and they where all still there, without the dog (I diverted again). Got told to take care of myself, and that I shouldn't be out alone. Should have a male with me......

Turns out that all are homeless which kinda made me feel sorry for them, but they have ruined our fun place and Moo is rather swollen.

I am gutted if this effects any part of her.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Thu Jul 04 2013, 02:56

Hugs to Moo and you

I would report it, if they said their dog should be muzzled chances are it is already on the police radar and also no one should be subjected to personal threats and i dont expect you will be the only one they came across. As you say it's been a lovely place to go until tonight you shouldn't have to fear going back there
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jul 04 2013, 04:33

Oh my goodness Janey. This is so terrible. Poor Moo. I feel horrible for you both..I'm sure this must have been so scary for you guys. It seems like you did everything you could to get the dog off Moo and please don't blame yourself because they obviously knew their dog was dangerous therefore it should have been muzzled if out in public and they also should not have threatened you afterwards. It is good that you got Moo back out there so she isn't afraid but as Steve said maybe have something with you. Do they have pepper spray available in the UK? I always carry some with me just to be safe. I'm sure Moo is probably a little shaken. She will just need some time to get her confidence back. Take care of yourself and Moomin>Big Grin< 
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandz Thu Jul 04 2013, 07:27

Janey don't beat yourself up about it. Frankie was attacked off lead as a young dog, he promised me he wouldn't hold it against me! Give it a few days to calm down, if they haven't been there for the past 4 years the chances are they won't be there for much longer. If you haven't got anybody who can walk with you next time take youre mobile and pretend to be talking to somebody, I've done this before and it seemed to do the trick. I hope moo is ok, if she's a bit sore and cut you could try soaking a flannel in Epsom salts in wam water and do 30 seconds compressions, that will draw anything out and is apparently quite soothing. Big hugs for you and moo.
Mandz
Mandz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Not the best evening.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Jul 04 2013, 07:48

Oh hun I'm so sorry this happened Sad Sad Sad Poor moomin and poor you! Massive massive hugs >Big Grin< Makes me so mad angry 
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 07:50

Oh Janey Sad Sending massive hugs to you and Moo. Take care of yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 07:54

How are you and moo this morning janey? (Hugs)

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Thu Jul 04 2013, 08:33

Omg, this all sounds horrible!!
I would call the police, not mainly about the dog but the threats against you, that would freak me out!
And you need to be and feel comfortable and confident for Moo to get her confidence back, if you are worried and stressed she will too.
I would avoid the area a few days if I were you until you both get your confidence back!
Hope you both are feeling better today!!
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 08:35

Oh Janey lots of hugs from me and Vinnie. How awful for you and Moo honestly don't beat yourself up too much, Moo needs you strong. Lots of love xxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 09:18

How are you both today Janey? xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 09:26

Oh janey, how awful. * little yobs, i bet they love the fact they have an aggressive dog. I would call the police anyway and let them know what happened just in case anyone else has had a problem with them

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:00

Thank you all. She isn't herself, she was just stood by the door this morning when I woke staring. I took her up there as thats where we have morning toilets, she wouldn't go, just sniffing the ground. I tried to make a game but she wasn't interested at all. Have noticed a rather large bite mark on my hand that I hadn't seen yesterday, and I think we are both rather shaken up.

I think I will contact the police, I am just gutted that has ruined a place where we always go and always feel safe. I will certainly carry my mobile on me at all times, was just lucky I had it yesterday as I wanted to post a pic here of the tennis courts.

Hopefully given a bit of time Moomin will forget but her face is so swollen is this morning....I am gutted.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:01

Ahh Janey - can't send enough hugs and thoughts to you and Moo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:02

Xxxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:02

Sad Keep taking her back, she will come around eventually. I think contacting the police is a good idea, make them aware about the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 10:58

Janey that's awful, you must have been shaken up. It could have been a one off that they were in that place (hopefully) so you might not see them again. Maybe you should carry one of those alarms for women to make you feel a bit more secure as they are legal Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Thu Jul 04 2013, 11:27

Oh Janey im so sorry to hear about such a horrible situation for you and Moo, and so upset that Moo isn't herself, especially that it was such a great place for her to have some fun, I would definitely contact police, you in yourself did nothing wrong and did the best you could to prevent a horrible situation getting worse, but threats like that should not be left. I really so hope Moo and you are okay, sending lots of hugs >Big Grin< 
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 11:29

aww janey it makes me want to Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad thinking of how upset you & moo are, i agree a call to the local police is in order xxx xxx xxx 

Back to top Go down

Post by Debs01 Thu Jul 04 2013, 12:14

I just wanted to say how sorry I am you had to deal with idiots like that Sad I hope you and Moo are feeling a bit better. I did also want to say that it sound like you handled the situation well, I think I probably would have fallen apart its my worst nightmare! Definitely report it to the police, they shouldn't be able to get away with that its disgusting behaviour to be honest!

Take care of yourself and Moo and Axl sends big sloppy licks to you both Smile x
Debs01
Debs01

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jul 04 2013, 13:16

Ah Janey I'm so sorry this happened, massive hugs to both of you xxxxxxxx
Please don't beat yourself up about having let moo down, you did nothing wrong, there was no way you could have known that would happen. You've taken a knock but you and Moo will both get your confidence back, I'm sure.
I'm not sure why they started shouting abuse after they had apologised (and obviously knew they were in the wrong for not having the muzzle on). Homeless or not there is no need to behave like that, idiots.
Let us know what the police say xxxx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Thu Jul 04 2013, 15:13

Aw janey how horrid for u and moo .. sorry to hear that happened to u. Hope u r both feeling better today ... ((((( big hugs to u and moo)))))
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jul 04 2013, 15:30

Im so sorry this happened Janey, poor Moo. She will bounce back though and put it behind her they always do in the end. I would avoid the area. Those idiots aren't going to report you. I would maybe write out a statement detailing the first meeting and then the incident that happened afterwards. Then if needed you have everything on record while it is still fresh in your mind. xxx
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jul 04 2013, 15:40

I think that it would be a good idea to call the police. At least to report the threats that were made against you. In time Moo will gain her confidence back, I'm sure its upsetting to see her uneasy. Hopefully these idiots won't be back and you can reclaim your spot!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 04 2013, 17:14

Thank you all for your kind words. She is very swollen and has 4 puncture marks on her cheek, she looks like she is sucking a gob stopper! I was thinking about it today and when the dog latched onto her face she had a tennis ball in her mouth so the skin was tight, I think that really helped her not being injured more. I am going to keep an eye on her cuts but they look clean.

I haven't contacted the police, what will they do? At the end of the day she was the one off lead....

Today she has been very clingy, very docile and has lagged back. We met a GSD and my heart was in my mouth, never would I worry but both our confidence has taken a battering. Not sure what to do for morning/evening toilets as it is the only park near.

I hope she bounces back soon, and am so gutted it happened...
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandz Thu Jul 04 2013, 17:42

Frankie is sending lots of licks and paws!! She might of been off lead but she wasn't the viscous dog. It sounds like the police could already be aware of the dog if they are suppose to muzzle it. I'm sure moo will bounce back, once the bruising goes down she will feel a lot better. I hope you're feeling better too
Mandz
Mandz

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 04 2013, 17:48

Thanks Mandy, she is just laying by the door and looking out, she is usually such a snuggle pup. Me, well, I'll feel sick until I have done the evening toilets.....
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 18:02

Perhaps a vino after evening toilets janey Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura frize Thu Jul 04 2013, 18:10

Oh no that's awful poor moo & poor you hope you both get your confidences back soon. Are you able to go walking with someone else for a bit?? Maybe worth calling the police & asking them for advice due to the threats? Dog on dog I don't think they will do much regarding that unfortunately. Herbie sends you both extra special Staffie kisses & hugs & we all wish you both speedy recoveries from sunny Essex xxxxxx
Laura frize
Laura frize
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jul 04 2013, 19:14

Ohhh poor Moo and poor you, it does all happen so quickly and it's such a shock. Have you taken Moo to see the vet ??

I'm sure Moo will be fine once she is out and about again. Are you able to change your walking area or times to avoid any further encounters with the yobs ?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by sonics family Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:10

You poor thing. moo sounds like she needs some extra tlc bless her. in terms of your own self confidence, i was told at a self defence class to always carry an arosel deodorant or hairspray, perfectly normal to carry in a handbag, but sprayed in someones face in defence would but you a couple of minutes x
sonics family
sonics family
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:32

oh janey big hugs to you and moo,so sorry to hear whats happened,give yourself and moo a bit of time,when it happened to sash last year i think we were all in shock for a day or two,it does happen so quickly,im so much more aware when im out walking now,i admit i was so scared to take her out after which did'nt help her at all,i think she got over it a lot quicker than i did,moo will be fine and so will you x
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:42

Only just seen this, Janey - what an awful thing for both of you to go through!

Personally, I'd stay away from there for a while, just until you've both got your confidence back, they'll have moved on by the time you go back. I'd call the police because you don't know if they're terrorising anybody else, and they can't be allowed to do that!

If Moo's face is swollen (more than you'd expect from puncture wounds) then it may be infected. I know that you can draw the pus out yourself, but I've always gone to the vets for antibiotics when it's happened to dempsey.

Back to top Go down

Not the best evening.. Empty not-the-best-evening

Post by lovemystaffies Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:43

So sorry Janey, don't feel bad; it can happen to anyone - it's just so quick, hope Moo is ok. 
Sad
lovemystaffies
lovemystaffies

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max and Madge
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 6
Dog Gender(s) : male female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddy Thu Jul 04 2013, 20:59

Only just seen this so sorry to hear what happend hope you both ok and getting back to normal
bigdaddy
bigdaddy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : taz
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Jul 04 2013, 21:04

aww mate, sorry to hear that you are both still shaken up by it. it must be infuriating that a nice safe place that you both loved to go to has turned out like this, especially as moo loves to hunt tennis balls there so must have been great fun for her before this.
I really hope they are gone and you can get back on track and enjoy your walks again. give her a stroke for me and best wished to you both.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04 2013, 22:39

Big hugs to you and moo. I would report the threats to the police as you may not be the only one they have threatened. Surprised(

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next