+2
Ben
Maria90
6 posters

Go down

shocked  Empty shocked

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 14:56

Hello Everyone

Im new here and i wanted to just vent my astonishment on ppl that i hope will understand , i have been looking after my husbands mates staffy for a few days while he's away on holiday , and i was walking him this morning with my 16 year old daughter , who i might add looks about 12 so very young looking , she was leading him , when i car came past us wound its window down and shouted chav's , now i have never in my life been called that whilst walking down the street with my children , so my only guess is, it was the dog that caused this person to shout this ? i'm pushing 40 so i wouldnt say i look like a chav , but what kind of a moron shouts that at a 40 year old women with her daugthter , im going to walk him back down there to see if it happens again as we live in a very small cummunity so its likly this car will pass us again

on a plus note most ppl that have met me on parks while out have adored him and said hes lovely , i have had a few other dogs come up to him and growl , i even had another staff show its teeth and the owner was very shocked as she said hes normally very friendly with other dogs , so i cant understand why all these dogs are taking a dislike to him ? hes soft and just wants to play and he crys when they show there teeth at him

thankyou for listening everyone

Mandy

Back to top Go down

shocked  Empty Re: shocked

Post by Maria90 Mon Jul 01 2013, 15:00

Hi Mandy, Why don't you come over and introduce yourself, https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Im sorry to hear of this, it does sound horrible, and people tend to judge on the silliest thing, especially when we are walking such a dog as a staffy, but I really wouldn't let it get to you, just ignorant people.

On the other hand, its great that you have had such warm welcomes from people in the park, adoring the staffy and fussing over him, but some dogs tend not to like eachother and baring teeth is there way of trying to scare the other off, you OH's friends staffy sounds like such a softy! very cute Smile
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 15:16

Maria90 wrote:Hi Mandy, Why don't you come over and introduce yourself, https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Im sorry to hear of this, it does sound horrible, and people tend to judge on the silliest thing, especially when we are walking such a dog as a staffy, but I really wouldn't let it get to you, just ignorant people.

On the other hand, its great that you have had such warm welcomes from people in the park, adoring the staffy and fussing over him, but some dogs tend not to like eachother and baring teeth is there way of trying to scare the other off, you OH's friends staffy sounds like such a softy! very cute Smile

Hi Maria

Yes he is a real softie , and my kids have really taken to him Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Jul 01 2013, 15:18

Aww so sweet! Yes it is very hard not to get attached to a pet, especially such great ones as staffys! Do you have any pets?
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 01 2013, 15:27

People are going to be bigoted against this breed due to media. Sorry that you guys had to go through that but keep your head high and laugh it off. We get lots of strange looks with the whole troop out for a walk!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jul 01 2013, 15:39

Yeah some people are just idiots, I would say anybody who shouts stuff from a car sounds pretty chavvy to me!!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:03

Sazzle wrote:Yeah some people are just idiots, I would say anybody who shouts stuff from a car sounds pretty chavvy to me!!

Totally agree saz, damn chavvy, small minded idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:04

They're so brave they have to shout it out of a moving car!!!! Laughing 
Idiots!!! They make me so mad!!
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
shocked  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:21

I always find you get comments like that when peoples shoe size is bigger than there IQ I wouldn't let it bother you.
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:43

Maria90 wrote:Aww so sweet! Yes it is very hard not to get attached to a pet, especially such great ones as staffys! Do you have any pets?

im going to be in tear's when i hand him back , no i dont have any pets myself , i would love a staffie but i go to car shows at weekends in the summer which prevents me from having a dog as some of them dont allow dogs in , and as i have no family to look after a dog for me on those days it would jkust be impossible , plus i will be going out to work fulltime in the near future and again it wouldnt be fair to leave a doig on its own , this one i have now his owner works fulltime and hes shut in alot but he does come home at dinner etc to let him out ,when he came he was loopy but now hes really placid as i have tyred him out i think , as we have been for loads of walks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:46

ANGIEMARKYOUNG wrote:They're so brave they have to shout it out of a moving car!!!! Laughing 
Idiots!!! They make me so mad!!

That was my exact thought LOL , its so crazy tho as the dog isnt even mine , i could of even been a dog walker walking someones dog as my job , it really is madness , i remeber 20 years ago someone who i worked with kept these dogs and it was unheard of them been tarred like this

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:47

Maybe look into fostering from a rescue centre? I haven't personally so I don't really know how it works but just a thought, if there are times when you have have one and times when you can't.
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Mon Jul 01 2013, 16:53

miss npo wrote:
Maria90 wrote:Aww so sweet! Yes it is very hard not to get attached to a pet, especially such great ones as staffys! Do you have any pets?

im going to be in tear's  when i hand him back , no i dont have any pets myself , i would love a staffie but i go to car shows at weekends in the summer which prevents me from having a dog as some of them dont allow dogs in , and as i have no family to look after a dog for me on those days it would jkust be impossible ,  plus i will be going out to work fulltime in the near future and again it wouldnt be fair to leave a doig on its own , this one i have now his owner works fulltime and hes shut in alot but he does come home at dinner etc to let him out ,when he came he was loopy but now hes really placid as i have tyred him out i think , as we have been for loads of walks  

Ohh I couldn't imagine the feeling of having to give him back! He sounds like such a great personality to have around a family Smile Definitely sounds like you have worn him out haha with all the extra attention he is getting now hhe needs a lot of rest to recuperate!

Sazzle has made an excellent suggestion above though Smile Fostering would be great to have the 4 legged friends around the house at the times you can!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01 2013, 17:02

Sazzle wrote:Maybe look into fostering from a rescue centre? I haven't personally so I don't really know how it works but just a thought, if there are times when you have have one and times when you can't.

That thought did cross my mind a few months ago , especially at xmas time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Jul 01 2013, 17:07

You should look into it Big Grin 
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 13:23

Well my little friend went home yesterday and i feel lost without him Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Jul 03 2013, 13:24

Aww Hugs x
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 14:04

Must say we've had all sorts of funny looks and comments but never had chav shouted at me and I regularly walk my 2 with my 13 year old daughter Laughing  take it as a compliment , obviously they though you were your daughters big sister , but pleave leave the shellsuits and burberry at home next time Laughing 

Just idiots and don't even register with me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 14:16

I bet you will miss him. You should look into fostering though as it can be short term. Having a dog has changed my life cloud9 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 14:21

Dave wrote:Must say we've had all sorts of funny looks and comments but never had chav shouted at me and I regularly walk my 2 with my 13 year old daughter Laughing   take it as a compliment , obviously they though you were your daughters big sister , but pleave leave the shellsuits and burberry at home next time Laughing 

Just idiots and don't even register with me Smile

funny as i did say to my husband when we got home , do you think he thought i was alot younger than what i am , as i just cant get my head round someone shouting that at me had he known how old i was ,  most ppl i meet think my eldest daughter whos 19 is my sister LOL so you could well be right

here's a pic of the little man we was looking after

shocked  Picture619-1

shocked  Picture624-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 14:31

Chiara wrote:I bet you will miss him. You should look into fostering though as it can be short term. Having a dog has changed my life cloud9 

I dont think it helps with the staffy nature as there such charictors and loving dogs , there alomost like little ppl Laughing 

my daughter found one a couple of weeks ago and she ended up back here till we located her owner by reporting it to the dog wardon , and that one was a joy to have she rode it our car like she owned it very settled , and when it came back here it wasnt scared or anything , i think it would of settled in really well , i was sorry to see that one go back to its owner , but it was a joy to see how pleased her owner was

my daughter has a jack russel she has her own flat, but she brings him here now and again when visiting but i just cant take to him hes very loud and abit growly and snappy and not to mention naughty , i always worry about him near the youngest child who's 10 , but with the staffy i just fell completly in love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03 2013, 14:55

Staffies are unique with their personalities, they are so full of love and I love the funny noises they make biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jul 04 2013, 04:45

Hi & welcome to the forum! I'm sorry this happened to you. Unfortunately some people are very quick to judge and very ignorant!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down