Weeing/Pooing Problem

3 posters

Go down

Weeing/Pooing Problem Empty Weeing/Pooing Problem

Post by Robyn2202 Fri Jun 14 2013, 08:20

Sorry to ask again but this is driving me insane. Every night or when Zeke is left in his crate by himself he wees or poo. He does not get fed late. He is always let out and he is never left in his crate for a long time. I Its hard because we cannot correct him as we do not see him do it. Im thinking about just letting him sleep on a dog bed but not in his cage but then what if he wees everywhere. Stressed is not the word.
Robyn2202
Robyn2202
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Zeke
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year & 3 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Weeing/Pooing Problem Empty Re: Weeing/Pooing Problem

Post by pag Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:40

Not sure if you posted this before and someone gave you advice on giving the cage a really good clean..REALLY GOOD CLEAN as dogs tend to go back to the same place. I think this is the case with your little one.  I would try him out of the cage for the night and see what happens.. if you get a 'dry' night then lots of praise.. Good luck.
pag
pag
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri Jun 14 2013, 09:58

Chiquito has been peeing in his kennel for the last few weeks, even when he has free access to the yard he was walking in there and peeing ... I was washing Chiquitos' bed in the machine and wiping the kennel out at least once (usually two or three times) a day but he would just mess it again. It was driving me insane so I can well understand your frustration!!

Really, really cleaning is the trick though I think. Last week I bought a new bed, cleaned (scrubbed!!) the kennel with disinfectant, put it out in the sun open to air out all day, cleaned it (scrubbed!!) with vinegar and then sprayed the new bed with vinegar before putting it in the sun to dry as well. Have had no peeing in the bed since Smile
Kell
Kell

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down