RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :)

2 posters

Go down

RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :) Empty RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :)

Post by Annie and Maxi Fri May 17 2013, 00:17

Hi,

So I have mentioned before that I feed a mix of dry and raw but I would like to move over to feeding raw completely however I don't feel like I know enough to do it yet but I am in the process of reading up on it (I don't know much about different types of meat etc so it's all a bit confusing and the butchers is a scary place lol).
At the moment I feed her chicken mince (with bones in it too) in the morning and dry at night.

A couple of weeks ago at a dog show one of the food companies that do raw told me about a product they have that you mix with water and your raw mince to add everything the dog needs to your raw diet and I got a sample.
This is the link with some info http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/CMsheet.pdf
I know there is a few people here that know a lot about both what ingredients to look for and about raw feeding. Could anyone comment on the quality of this diet? For Max's weight I would feed 100 g of this mix and 300 g of meat per day.

Also is it better to feed once a day instead of two?
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :) Empty Re: RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :)

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 00:49

From looking at the ingredients, I don't think it'd be of any use at all. I may be being cynical but it seems a bit like bandwagon-jumping to me, trying to get people to part with their hard-earned for something that's dirt cheap to produce and pretty much nutritionally worthless. A properly balanced raw diet will give your dog all the nutrients she needs, without having to resort to 'fillers' like that.

Back to top Go down

RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :) Empty Re: RAW - Vet's all natural complete mix - Help again! :)

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 01:02

looks a lot like keepers mix with grains thrown in to me .
i dont feel they need grain in there diet but by all means get yourself some keepers mix its great stuff just sprinkle onto the raw thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Kell Fri May 17 2013, 07:49

I was looking at this as well .. I feed a mix of dry and raw and similarly don't feel I know enough to go fully raw (also worried about being able to get a good variety from the butcher .. Aus seems a bit low choice!).

Be interested to hear what the thoughts on this option are Smile
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 12:17

Complete waste of money!

To be honest, if a raw diet is being fed properly you don't even need the keepers mix!

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Fri May 17 2013, 13:05

Caryll wrote:Complete waste of money!

To be honest, if a raw diet is being fed properly you don't even need the keepers mix!

Thanks for the responses, so it seems I just need to keep on reading up on how to feed raw properly without these things! Smile
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Fri May 17 2013, 13:12

Any comments on feeding once or twice a day when feeding raw?
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 15:16

Annie and Maxi wrote:Any comments on feeding once or twice a day when feeding raw?

I feed Milton twice daily, as the food is quickly digested compared to kibble etc., then I find twice suits him best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 17:14

no i wouldn't buy that waste of time and no grains are needed in a raw diet!

I feed once a day from 10 months old as it's more species appropriate and also means they can get larger prey items Smile IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 19:46

I think it's up to you whether you feed once or twice a day. Because of Dempsey's background with bloat I feed twice a day, but all my other dogs have been on 1 meal a day from about 10 months to a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17 2013, 21:25

Caryll wrote:Because of Dempsey's background with bloat I feed twice a day

This is another reason I feed Milton twice daily. Because I don't know his previous medical history and because we're quite active, I prefer to give him two smaller meals a day as a precaution Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down