house training

2 posters

Go down

Crying house training

Post by flinjan Sun May 12 2013, 18:32

Hello everyone, we have a young male called perci, he is a mamies boy through and through !! He,s 7 mnths old is well behaved (mostly) but...... we thought he was house trained, but will pee in the kitchen (next to the back door usually) he even peed in front of my wife today.!! I,m wondering if hes anxcious or nervous about being left alone ?? He will even follow you to the shower,loo, garage,under your feet when trying to cook or house clean. God help the nieghbours when we go to the shops !! he,ll squeal the street down. Any comments or suggestions to help out would be fabulous!!! but he,s starting to stress my wife out, who worries about him when out.

kind regards mark.(flinjan) at wits end

flinjan
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: house training

Post by Sazzle Sun May 12 2013, 19:29

Hello and welcome to the forum Big Grin

Not sure if this will help with toilet training?

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/house_training

Sounds like he's pretty much there so just make sure you let him out often, when I first got Daisy I would let her out, wait until she started doing something, then say 'do you business' , so that she would associate the words with the action, and then praised her afterwards. Know when I open the door and say it, she will gon out if she needs to. Don't worry, he will get it eventually Smile

Daisy does follow me around the house but is OK when left alone, it does sound like he may have some seperation axiety, others on here will have some advise on that I'm sure as I don't have any experience with those kind of issues.

How long have you had him?
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12 2013, 19:36

Are you sure you are cleaning up properly so he cannot smell it , not being funny but if you use the wrong cleaning agents he may still be picking up a scent, best is biological washing powder.

The following around bit is difficult though as they do love human interaction , I have 2 to put up with like this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12 2013, 19:44

Darcy follows me everywhere in the house but is fine when we leave her alone, regarding the toileting perhaps going back to basics will help, putting him out for the loo every 30 mins or so. He will get it soon it may just take a little longer when learning Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down