Behaviour

Go down

Behaviour Empty Behaviour

Post by Robyn2202 Tue May 07 2013, 08:07

Zeke is 20 weeks on Wednesday and I've started to notice that he is becoming a little rebellious confused , Is this normal at this age?. For some reason he has started pooing and weeing in his cage just after he has been out it is like he can't be bothered to go outside and he did it this morning, I woke up to a lovely surprise. I know he is still a baby so some accidents have to be excepted and I am not a softy with him when it comes to wrong and right but I do believe in a lot of praise if things have been done correctly! A couple weeks back he would really listen to me when training now hes like 'cba' and would rather annoy little Archie my Shihtzu but we always use food when training. Can anyone give any advice on how to keep on top of him and not let him get away with stuff. I don't want him becoming a naughty teenager and I really do not want him running away from me when on walks.. touch wood he hasn't tried yet always stays next to me when off the lead. Thanks Guys

But anyway, see a picture of my two babies sleeping last night! Too Cute!

Behaviour 31710710
Robyn2202
Robyn2202
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Zeke
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year & 3 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Behaviour Empty Re: Behaviour

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 08:11

It sounds alot like teenage behaviour to me and is very much normal, although he is a little young for it. Just go back to basics and I would keep him on a long line on walks so he can have some freedom and you can keep control.

He could also very well be teething and is acting out because of pain or discomfort. Keep lots of frozen treats or frozen and stuffed kongs around to help make him comfortable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 08:15

Yea very normal puppy behaviour. At times with toilet training you just have to go back to the very start again. They will do their best to test you as young pups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 08:53

Yeah I would go back to basics. You also may find it easier if you do the training in a seperate room so there isn't the distraction of your other dog.
Great pic by the way, looks like butter wouldn't melt Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 08:58

I agree, best to go back to basics, the do like to push the boundaries, great pic of your little angels Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07 2013, 10:27

What a sweet picture Love Struck. It's very normal, he is still very young, he's being naughty. They have their well-behaved moments and their badly-behaved moments. Just keep on top of the training, stay consistent, he'll learn. At the moment he's just being stubborn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down