Piriton Advice

Go down

Piriton Advice Empty Piriton Advice

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 11:46

It's been lovely here lately but due to that Logan's allergy seem to be irritating him a bit more than normal.

As per advice you gave me I bought some Piriton tablets. I know absolutely nothing about them (hadn't even heard of them before Laughing ).

Should I give him half a tablet per day? When would be the best time to give him them?

It says "not recommended for children under 6", will they be safe for my fella? He's about 16 months.

These are the ones they gave me, I'll not give him anything until I hear what you recommend.
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/piriton-allergy-tablets-30-tablets-10509%3Futm_source%3DGoogle%26utm_medium%3DProduct%26utm_campaign%3DProduct?gclid=CO6DxKjc9LYCFRMftAodu00AdA

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Piriton Advice Empty Re: Piriton Advice

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 11:48

yes he will be fine with half a tablet thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 11:53

I don't know if it's the same with dogs, but I know that my dermatologist told me it's better to take antihistamine in the evening, around 7pm. If that's any help at all Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 11:54

These are what darcy has mat, my vet wrote the name & dosage down for me, she has 1/2 tablet in the morning 1/2 tablet in the evening, darcy is 9 months and she's fine with it, the vet said if she still has a flare up whilst on this dosage to up it to one tablet twice a day. We started on 1/2 tablet once a day 1st, my vet said they may cause drowsiness pffft not in darcy they dont. Laughing Hope this helps. Smile

Last edited by Darcy-may on Wed May 01 2013, 11:56; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 11:55

I usually advise half a tablet, twice a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:13

Great advice as usual everyone. Thanks a lot Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:16

and the other point raised mat iv never noticed any sign of drowsyness in memphis either

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:23

Piriton is a non-drowsy antihistamine anyway isn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:26

Tara wrote:Piriton is a non-drowsy antihistamine anyway isn't it?

funny thing is it states non drowsy on the box but the instructions state may course drowsyness lol Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:26

It says may cause drowsiness. Logan is fairly drowsy anyway so I'll probably not even notice Laughing

As long as I know they are ok etc I'm satisfied. I've never had to take anything like that before myself so I wasn't sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:27

Tara wrote:Piriton is a non-drowsy antihistamine anyway isn't it?

No, it's one of the few that can cause drowsiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:39

MatLogan wrote:

It says "not recommended for children under 6", will they be safe for my fella? He's about 16 months.
)

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:41

If you don't ask, you don't know, Hayley Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:47

Piriton is actually the only antihistamine that's recommended for dogs and cats. Smile It's safe for use with them and has been approved by the head honchos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:49

Awesome, thanks Eleanor, my mind's at ease. Only wanted to ask because it would have been much worse to ask after I'd gave them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:51

No problem! Smile I don't like giving Dempsey stuff like that before I've checked it out either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:54

This is probably of no use whatsoever, but I take 2 Piriton a day when my hayfever starts. I figure that at 17 stone, I'm a lot bigger than the average 6 year old, and one tablet does nothing to stop the symptoms. I've never felt drowsy or had any undue side effects though, so based on that entirely unscientific test, they're probably quite safe Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:56

I've never taken anything like that in my life. I can't remember ever being sick and I'm not allergic to anything.

I don't even like taking paracetamol Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:57

A lot of it is probably psychological Chris. Smile Two wouldn't do any more than one, as it doesn't actually matter if you strengthen the dose. It work by blocking receptors, so if one doesn't do the trick, two wouldn't either. It's probably your mind deciding it wants to mess you about. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 12:59

Eleanor wrote:A lot of it is probably psychological Chris. Smile Two wouldn't do any more than one, as it doesn't actually matter if you strengthen the dose. It work by blocking receptors, so if one doesn't do the trick, two wouldn't either. It's probably your mind deciding it wants to mess you about. Tongues

Nooooo, now you've ruined my placebo! rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 13:07

Woops! Big Grin

Is Logan feeling any better, Mat? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 13:11

Eleanor wrote:Is Logan feeling any better, Mat? Smile

He was very irritable this morning before I left for work about it. So I took him for a good walk and just went into work late. So when I left him with my Mum he'd be easier for her to look after.

He was licking at his feet etc and the vet said the area looked like a reaction to an allergy, most likely grass or grass pollen due to the good weather etc. So since it's got a bit warmer again it seems to be bothering him more.

I'd heard a few of you recommended using these so if it calms it down for him I'll be happy. Smile

I left my mum with plenty to keep him occupied so he should be fine Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 13:13

Poor thing Sad You could try Sudocrem as well. It's nappy cream for babies, but it's really good for skin allergies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 13:16

Eleanor wrote:Poor thing Sad You could try Sudocrem as well. It's nappy cream for babies, but it's really good for skin allergies.

I did that just before I left him with my Mum. Didn't know it would help with the allergy though so that's even better again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01 2013, 13:39

It won't actually stop the allergies. Just reduces the soreness. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down